Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Platinum So Far

Devon Aygo

Firstly let me say what a great forum this is. I have seen so many great ideas for my new car that I was not too sure where to start. To begin with a little history, I collected her at 4 o'clock on Thursday 20th March I unloaded my old car (Seat Leon Cupra) straight into my Aygo Platinum 3dr A/C & then proceeded to drive from Plymouth to Glasgow. I missed the power of the Leon but not the fuel cost I would have normally used nearly two tanks @ around £65/tank. The Aygo managed a tank & a quarter @ £37 / tank. Well chuffed!! . Since then I have managed to cover over 2500 miles & I am loving every minute & will take any excuse to go driving.

Anyway on with the point of my post here are a few pics so far showing the mod's I've managed to complete.

Image018.jpg

A pic taken today here in sunny Plymouth.

Image001.jpg

Passenger side interior light switch. A great little mod which took approx 40 mins.

Image021.jpg

Citroen C5 saloon rear wiper blade. It is about 4" longer but looks identical to the original. It gives a much better rear view sweeping right to the top of the boot glass.

Image016.jpg

Aygo mats & scuff plates.

Image015.jpg

Painted my dash trims to match car.

Image014.jpg

Again not a mod but Sound pack I as installed before delivery.

Image013.jpg

Fitted last weekend Sound pack II as fitted to the latest Aygos in place of sound pack I

Image010.jpg

My Alpine CDA-9831 a great Head unit which sounds way better than the Aygo unit.

Image012.jpg

IPod in the glove box connected to my head unit

Image011.jpg

Tom Tom Go500 on an Aygo permanent mount which connects it through my head unit giving me voice commands via the muted stereo & integrated hands free bluetooth phone again through the head unit.

Let me know what you think + any ideas for other mods. I am currently researching to carry out a major overhaul of the audio system as I really miss the Bose system my Leon had I will keep you posted as and when I get that sorted. I have also ordered a Rev counter from Peugeot & will post pics as soon as I have it fitted.

Hi,

Your Aygo is looking very nice - since its the exact same model as me you're obviously a man of taste. I swapped a Mini Cooper S for mine, and I also miss the speed but love the savings!

Did you fit the Sound Pack 2 yourself? And if so was it difficult and/or expensive? ...and what size are the new front Speakers?

Sorry for all the questions - just seems like a very good opportunity to fit some 3 ways in the font.

Thanks

x

Hi Batfink

Flattery always goes a long way so thanks for the positive comments and I'm glad to hear that you too love your Aygo. In answer to your questions yes I fitted the kit myself I took about 3 hours in total it was not to difficult at all just time consuming. The Speakers are 14cm units as for cost I paid £55 +vat for the kit.

The sound quality is greatly improved with actual Bass in the car I am currently looking at the Infinity basslink II active sub system & have ordered a complete soundproofing kit. I will post more pics & info as I get it.

Regards

Devonaygo

Fantastic post! Nice mods.

Maybe you could do a "how to" guide on the passenger door switch mod, as its something I would like to do, but wouldnt have the first clue about doing. :D

and no Rev Counter mod?!? :D

I unloaded my old car (Seat Leon Cupra)

Funny I also came from a Seat Leon Cupra. Like you I was not happy at the pumps and for other things such as tyres, insurance, tax, etc. The Aygo does have a certain charm, the noise from the engine and the handling isn't bad. Do miss the extra 110bhp the Leon had over the Aygo. But to have a powerful car these days is like being a social leper, what with the road tax shooting up, and the price of fuel when you only get sub 30mpg.

Hi

Likeing your mods, the extra Speakers are aways a bonus.

when you fitted the passenger door switch for the interior light was the wiring already there? I have not looked myself yet, but it was a mod i thinking of doing. my thinking was as they make LHD & RHD cars on the same production line the cable may be in place and the switch just needs linking up. or is like not that simple.

Jeff, Dangermouse & Airman thanks for your replies. Jeff & Airman in answer to your questions regarding the extra door switch I found that there was no provision for the switch so I had to run my own cable. There are 3 ways I could see to route the cable

1. Forwards from the driver’s door switch along the door sill & either through the dash and around or up the A-pillars & over

2. Rearwards behind the 1/4 panel & across under the rear seat, however the clips that hold the lower rear seat squab in place are one use only & must be replaced once removed.

3. Across the car under the seats as I chose.

To do this I first ordered a new switch & screw from Mr T

NOW DISCONNECT YOUR Battery & WAIT AT LEAST 20 MINS BEFORE STARTING (AIR BAG SAFETY)

Next locate the blanking sticker on the passenger b-pillar & remove it, easy so far.

Now to access the rear of the passenger b-pillar peel back the door seal & unclip ( gently ) the inner lower b-pillar trim you can now see the hole left when the sticker was removed.

Next was to remove both front seats probably the most difficult part of the job. You will need Torx bits although I forget the size. Take your time with the plugs for the seat mounted airbags (if fitted) they are very tight & fiddly to release. Take out your seats & put them somewhere safe!!

Now run a length of wire across the car under the carpet using a brazing rod or something similar the thread the cable from hole to hole you'll see what I mean when the seats are out.

Repeat the trim removal on the driver’s side to access the backside of the driver’s door switch you will now be able to see a pink wire attached to the driver’s door switch. Make a suitable connection between your newly routed wire & the pink one ensuring that any bare connections are properly insulated.

Connect your newly routed wire to your new switch & bolt it to the car just to make sure everything works.

Refit all the trims, seals & finally your seats.

If all has gone well you will now have an interior light that works with the passenger door. I have since found that the warning buzzer that sounds when you open the door with your lights on also works with the passenger door but no biggie really.

I wish I had taken step by step photo's but I am still getting used to the Forum thingy so I will now try and record step by step on all my future mod's

Thanks Devon, sounds mighty complicated, and as for removing both seats! lol I think I will give this mod a miss for now.

I think I would choose to route the wiring directly to the light to bypass the light warning buzzer.

Think I will wait for someone to do a photo guide step by step. :D

Looks like you are having great fun in your Aygo..........some good ideas for modifications too.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Hi Devon

Thanks for the info, Life is never that simple, but I think it is still worth doing, I agree the under the carpet route seems best, a job for a sunny warm day I think.

i went to toyota today to get the phase 2 sound pack... only they said they wouldnt be selling the parts! tossers :angry: so i guess ill be driving to the toyota garage in the next town to see if i can get them from there!

Wow looking really good there Devon!!!

SJx

p.s. I think A "how to subsection" would be really helpful on the board??? Mods???

On my car fitted the revcounter. Allowed me to work out where max torque was without reading the manual, not really much use apart from that and looks a bit sad. like one of Mickey Mouses ears which has shrunk.

Fitted Mobil 1 0W/40 synthetic oil in the engine to reduce drag and prolong high rev life.

Got some new wheels to stop me having to brake for corners. Look more manly than the granny alloys they fit as standard in my opinion but as we all know alloys are definitely a thing that one person can hate and another can love. Hence the huge market of abominations. I still don't like mine that much but they do what is needed.

http://www.zen141854.zen.co.uk/alloy2.jpg

http://www.zen141854.zen.co.uk/alloy.jpg

On 7x16 alloys did you know you can fit 215/35 Conti Sport Contact 2's and they have the same diameter or there abouts as the standard fit 155/65 tyres. How about that for an upgrade!

Regards

Andy

On 7x16 alloys did you know you can fit 215/35 Conti Sport Contact 2's and they have the same diameter or there abouts as the standard fit 155/65 tyres. How about that for an upgrade!

Isn't that a bit extreme?

Isn't that a bit extreme?

Yes :D

I am fitting 205/40's to mine which are slightly larger in circumference ( just like the driver :lol: )

Regards

Andy

Great thread, gave me lots of ideas for what to do when i get my Aygo....

When it comes to rims and tyres, how much did you have to pay for yours ??

Cheers

//Hans

Firstly let me say what a great forum this is. I have seen so many great ideas for my new car that I was not too sure where to start. To begin with a little history, I collected her at 4 o'clock on Thursday 20th March I unloaded my old car (Seat Leon Cupra) straight into my Aygo Platinum 3dr A/C & then proceeded to drive from Plymouth to Glasgow. I missed the power of the Leon but not the fuel cost I would have normally used nearly two tanks @ around £65/tank. The Aygo managed a tank & a quarter @ £37 / tank. Well chuffed!! . Since then I have managed to cover over 2500 miles & I am loving every minute & will take any excuse to go driving.

Anyway on with the point of my post here are a few pics so far showing the mod's I've managed to complete.

Image018.jpg

A pic taken today here in sunny Plymouth.

Image001.jpg

Passenger side interior light switch. A great little mod which took approx 40 mins.

Image021.jpg

Citroen C5 saloon rear wiper blade. It is about 4" longer but looks identical to the original. It gives a much better rear view sweeping right to the top of the boot glass.

Image016.jpg

Image015.jpg

Painted my dash trims to match car.

Image014.jpg

Again not a mod but Sound pack I as installed before delivery.

Image013.jpg

Fitted last weekend Sound pack II as fitted to the latest Aygos in place of sound pack I

Image010.jpg

My Alpine CDA-9831 a great Head unit which sounds way better than the Aygo unit.

Image012.jpg

IPod in the glove box connected to my head unit

Image011.jpg

Tom Tom Go500 on an Aygo permanent mount which connects it through my head unit giving me voice commands via the muted stereo & integrated hands free Bluetooth phone again through the head unit.

Let me know what you think + any ideas for other mods. I am currently researching to carry out a major overhaul of the audio system as I really miss the Bose system my Leon had I will keep you posted as and when I get that sorted. I have also ordered a Rev counter from Peugeot & will post pics as soon as I have it fitted.

Image016.jpg

My next mod would be protective seat covers and rubber car mats!

For a 08 plate car your seats and carpet are filthy (or is it just the light?), what do you do for a living? It looks oily :(

Other than that the car looks great :thumbsup:

My next mod would be protective seat covers and rubber car mats!

For a 08 plate car your seats and carpet are filthy (or is it just the light?), what do you do for a living? It looks oily :(

Other than that the car looks great :thumbsup:

LOL They are alcantera so they have a velvety texture which probably makes them look dirty in the photo, but they aren't.

I got some supagard upholstery spray for my carpet and seats but I haven't used it yet, has anyone else used it? Does it make a difference?

i think the conclusion on supaguard is theres a very minimal difference between having it and not.

LOL They are alcantera so they have a velvety texture which probably makes them look dirty in the photo, but they aren't.

Are you sure about that?! It looks like a mechanic has been sitting in there with his overalls on after doing an oil change on the QE2, also it wouldn’t explain the oil slick under the accelerator pedal :unsure:

Are you sure about that?! It looks like a mechanic has been sitting in there with his overalls on after doing an oil change on the QE2, also it wouldn’t explain the oil slick under the accelerator pedal :unsure:

The "oil slick" under the accelerator pedal looks like a shadow to me................trick of the light on the pile of the carpet.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links