Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rev Counter Blue!

Jeff McCrory

Finally got all the materials I needed to colour code my rev counter last night...

Original Peugeot 107 Rev Counter

rev1.jpg

Cowel Removed

rev2.jpg

Primed!

rev3.jpg

Toyota couldn't supply me the spray paint so I got the Lagoon Blue 8M6 paint made for me off eBay.

rev4.jpg

Oh the fumes! Sprayed my 4 door handle protectors whilst I was there.

rev5.jpg

All done, and lacquered as well.

rev6.jpg

Fitted! all matching. Another mod completed!

rev7.jpg

I'll post some pics of the fitted door handle protectors when i get some time and decent weather to do it.

ooooh looks very good!!

Am very tempted by this mod too! but fdont have the confidence to fir the rev counter myself!

Well Done tho Jeff!

SJx

ooooh looks very good!!

Am very tempted by this mod too! but fdont have the confidence to fir the rev counter myself!

Well Done tho Jeff!

SJx

Thanks SJ! :D Its sooooo easy to fit a rev counter! If you can change a light bulb, you can fit one! I am a DIY clutz and this was not a challenge. Its the easiest mod to do and well worth it.

Very nice spraying, excellent work. Painting is a lot harder than using a screwdriver.

:thumbsup:

Regards

Andy

ooooh looks very good!!

Well Done tho Jeff!

SJx

If you can change a light bulb, you can fit one!

Nope, not a job for me then :lol2: ;)

SJx

ooooh looks very good!!

Well Done tho Jeff!

SJx

SJx

What colour will I need for the slate blue so that you can do this for me also :D

Very professional paint job there :thumbsup:

ooooh looks very good!!

Well Done tho Jeff!

SJx

SJx

What colour will I need for the slate blue so that you can do this for me also :D

You could try Slate Blue ;)

Nice Job. I colour coded the interior of my Black and I can't believe what a difference it made.

I recon it's one of the cheapest and best mods you can do.

• 3 weeks later...
Finally got all the materials I needed to colour code my rev counter last night...

Toyota couldn't supply me the spray paint so I got the Lagoon Blue 8M6 paint made for me off Ebay.

rev4.jpg

I been searching everywhere for this eBay, Halfords etc Halfords made a rather strange looking colour up for me and after waiting about 3 hours I made my excuses and left..and have searched eBay and cant find anything..Any help????? Seller?

SJx

Hi SJ

Click here! Just tell them you want Toyota Aygo Lagoon Blue Colour Code: 8M6 in the little "extra info" box when you are checking out.

Thats all you need to do!

Jeff

Excellent job, getting the job done :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

rev1.jpg

Cowel Removed

rev2.jpg

Primed!

rev3.jpg

Toyota couldn't supply me the spray paint so I got the Lagoon Blue 8M6 paint made for me off Ebay.

rev4.jpg

rev5.jpg

rev6.jpg

rev7.jpg

I'll post some pics of the fitted door handle protectors when i get some time and decent weather to do it.

rev1.jpg

Cowel Removed

rev2.jpg

Primed!

rev3.jpg

rev4.jpg

rev5.jpg

rev6.jpg

rev7.jpg

Does the Rev counter fit directly into the harness on the Aygo.

Assuming I've understood your question.

The rev counter when ordered in a complete set includes the rev counter, the bolt to hold it in place and the steering column surround. Really easy job to fit, mine took about 10mins.

Does the Rev counter fit directly into the harness on the Aygo.

Its Easy......

HERE

Ian.

Primed!

rev3.jpg

Interesting! I had a feeling that the primer for this blue was yellow/gold. Was that primer off eBay too? Or did you get that from Toyota?

Primed!

rev3.jpg

Interesting! I had a feeling that the primer for this blue was yellow/gold. Was that primer off eBay too? Or did you get that from Toyota?

I got it from Halfords, you can get different grades of primer, the plastic grey primer is probably the best but there was none left when I went in so I got the yellow filler primer instead, seems to have worked just as effectively.

The paint was made for me by Central Car Products eBay username is: centralcarproducts. Just need to tell them you want Toyota 8M6 Lagoon Blue when checking out in the extra info text box and a few days later it appeared at my doorstep! I had already waited 2 months for Toyota to supply me only to reply with "Sorry we dont actually supply cans spray of paint, only touch up pens".

Good luck to anyone trying to colour code their cowels :-) Remember if your doing this indoors to have lots of newspaper down cos the spray goes everywhere and LOTS of ventilation for the nasty fumes to get out!

• 1 year later...

Hi SJ

Click here! Just tell them you want Toyota Aygo Lagoon Blue Colour Code: 8M6 in the little "extra info" box when you are checking out.

Thats all you need to do!

Jeff

It aint there anymore, i want to do the same with my Aygo. Do you have the seller name?

Ignore this, just seen last post, oops.

• 2 weeks later...

Aww wish I could see what this all looks like in black, as someone said previously it does complete the look of the cabin.

Nice work.

Here's one in Black on a LHD car:

371922638.jpg

• 7 months later...