Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

:: Japan North 2008 @ Haigh Hall In Wigan ::

Jamie-LOC

JapanNorthLogo.png

Dear all,

First off, you may or may not remember me, but last year we organised the Japanese Car Show held at Haigh Hall in Wigan, named Japan North...

Well, this year it's back - Japan North 2008 is set to be even better, with some outstanding raffle prizes and metal on display. I'm not going to give too much away just yet with regards to the prizes but all I can say is that the winners will be rather lucky once again!

The date is Sunday 17th August 2008 and Haigh Hall being the venue again.

Here is the Club Link from last year's event for some past information:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67529

Here are some images from last year's event:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...2784&st=260

I have set up a Facebook Group for both last year's and this year's events so please take a look and join them if you can:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13809992074

Please note this year we will be asking for donations upon entry to the venue, which will be placed toward charity. All funds raised last year were also donated to several charities, including Butterflies, the Wigan charity dedicated to the underprivileged children in our area.

It would be appreciated if you could make your friends aware of the event so that we gain much more publicity and interest as we all know that a show's popularity grows from word-of-mouth and with this being so local (rather than in Scotland or way down South) this would help greatly!

I hope to see both faces and cars that came along last year and new ones that will attend this year...

If you would like to ask any questions then fire away...

Thanks again and I hope to see you there,

Kind regards,

Jamie

Japan North Organiser

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently in talks with a few official companies so we shall see how that develops...

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning all,

I just wanted to update you with a few items for the show:

Website Launch:

The Japan North website has been launched, which will be offering all the latest information on the show, along with raffle prizes, attendance and other detail:

www.JapanNorth.co.uk

Raffle:

We have had even more fantastic prizes been offered to the show from supporting companies recently and all these will be announced shortly, both on the website and on the forums.

Trophies:

We will be giving away a selection of Trophies this year for the following:

• Best I.C.E.
  • Show & Shine
  • Club Attendance

There will be three forms on the raffle Stand on the day of the show, which you may complete to enter into either the "Best ICE" or "Show & Shine". These will be drawn later in the day, along with the "Club Attendance" trophy, which will be chosen based on the most impressive club stand presence.

Event Sponsors:

We have had some more support from companies for the event recently, which includes Andy at www.Just-Nissan.co.uk - He is sponsoring the event this year and contributing toward its development.

All the best,

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

::: MAJOR UPDATES :::

Attendees:

Chorley Nissan will be attending with a selection of their new vehicles, including their Nissan 350Z Coupe, Nissan 350Z Cabriolet, Nissan Navara and possibly the Nissan Murano.

ALSO

I have Mitsubishi in attendance with their brand new Mitsubishi Evo X.

In both instances the cars will be viewable to those attending the show!

I am yet to confirm this but I MAY be able to bring along the lovely new Subaru... Watch this space ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raffle Prizes:

Okay, after many generous donations to the show from the companies attending (and some that aren't), please find below a list of the prizes and sponsors available at Japan North 2008's Raffle...

1. Clifford Concept 650 Alarm System ------------------------ Supplied & Fitted by K & M Acoustics
  2. £250 Adrian Flux Insurance Vouchers --------------------- Supplied by Adrian Flux Insurers
  3. £200 Subaru Service ---------------------------------------- Supplied by ScoobyTeknix UK
  4. Flying Lesson ------------------------------------------------ Supplied by JustNissan.co.uk
  5. Chill Factor E Snow Slope Family Pass -------------------- Supplied by Chill Factor E at Manchester Trafford Centre Complex
  6. Subaru Spoiler ---------------------------------------------- Supplied by ScoobyTeknix UK
  7. Haydock Thistle --------------------------------------------- Supplied by Haydock Thistle Hotel
  8. Chester Zoo Family Pass ----------------------------------- Supplied by Chester Zoo
  9. £100 WheelQuick Voucher --------------------------------- Supplied by WheelQuick
  10. Knowsely Safari Park Family Pass ------------------------- Supplied by Knowsley Safari Park
  11. Camelot Theme Park Pass --------------------------------- Supplied by Camelot Theme Park
  12. Haigh Hall Carvery Dinner ---------------------------------- Supplied by Haigh Hall
  13. Puncture Repair Kit ----------------------------------------- Supplied by Puncture Safe
  14. Knowsely Safari Park Family Pass ------------------------- Supplied by Knowsley Safari Park
  15. Autoglym Valet Package ----------------------------------- Supplied by Autoglym UK
  16. Alton Towers Tickets x 4 ----------------------------------- Supplied by Alton Towers

The above list is not exhaustive and may be added to depending upon other companies. As such, the order of the prizes may be adjusted. The prizes will be confirmed before the show and will be visible on the day of the show.

For tickets, please contact raffle@japannorth.co.uk and place "Raffle Tickets" into the subject.

Many thanks and I look forward to meeting you,

Jamie Rigby

Japan North Organiser

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon everyone,

Tickets for the show's raffle can now be purchased online through the PayPal system BUT it has been setup so that you do not need to register with PayPal if you do not wish to!

http://www.japannorth.co.uk/raffle.html

Please note that these tickets are limited and once they are gone - they will not be extended.

Tickets can be posted, or alternatively collected on the day.

All the best,

Jamie

is it just supras and evo and stuff in that leauge that can go or is a corolla 1.3 welcome

thanks

bridgy

Anybody is welcome to go mate. Car doesn't have to boast over 250BHP to make an appearance! It's still Japanese! :P

I'd probably go myself but I only come back from Holiday the day before, too much driving! :P

shame you cant make it mate is there a stong apperence from toc members ill be going if my car is ready in time

thanks

bridgy

Can't say I know! I've not been in the past but it's not too far for me to travel! Where about in merseyside are you?

NOTICE

Evening all, due to an overwhelming response, I will need to know by tonight / first thing tomorrow morning any additional attendees.

From 11:00am tomorrow morning (Sunday 10th August), the event will close to applicants for stand entries.

All the best and thanks,

Jamie

Japan North Founder & Organiser

Good evening all,

Please read the following few items...

I have just secured the lovely new Nissan GTR Premium Model for the show, so that will be on display (providing that the documentation is sorted by tomorrow).

NissanGTRPrem.png

========================

Samco Sport have donated a silicone engine hose kit to the raffle thanks to Demon Tweeks. This will be for the winner's vehicle of choice.

========================

I will be posting maps and entrance information on the forum shortly.

Many thanks,

Jamie Rigby

::: RULES & GUIDELINES :::

Times:

Entry to the venue for owners clubs and companies will begin at 07:30AM and end promptly at 09:30AM. Cars after this time will not be able to access the stands for their clubs.

This is according to Haigh Hall Country Park's Health & Safety Regulations, as the venue is open to the public and so we must gather and arrange all cars by 09:30AM in preparation for opening.

The event will officially be open from 10:00AM to the public and this is when all cars will be in situe by.

The event will be closing at 16:00 and all cars MUST be cleared by 18:00.

Rubbish:

Basically, I have been told that if any rubbish is left at the end of the day, it will be picked by the park rangers and there WILL BE A CHARGE FOR THIS.

PLEASE collect ALL your rubbish, it's not a large favour to ask and this all contributes to being able to use the venue next time around.

If rubbish is left, the charge incurred will have to be passed onto your club.

Marshals:

Marshals will be located at the entrance to Haigh Country Park, along the driveway to Haigh Hall and at the event site to control and assist with parking of exhibition vehicles. Please conform to their directions.

Drivers are cautioned not to exceed 10MPH whilst you are within the grounds of Haigh Hall.

On arrival at the event site, your vehcile will be checked off from a list, according to your FORUM NAME, CLUB NAME AND REGISTRATION PLATE NUMBER.

The Day:

Should there be a need for a vehicle to be moved during the event, you MUST seek the assistance of one of the event marshals. Should you refuse to wait for assistance prior to moving the vehicle, a signature will be required on the Health and Safety Waiver Form and the matter reported to Event Control, along with your vehicle details.

Everyone should be aware of Health & Safety issues and bring any concerns to the attention of the event organisers, which may be found at the main Japan North Stand and also wearing high visibility vests.

At the end of the day, the event marshals will supervise the orderly exit of exhibitors from Haigh Hall Country Park.

Please note: All members that have voiced interest in attending the day have been compiled into a list. This list will be passed onto event marshals, who will ensure that only cars belonging to members of the list may enter the venue for display on their club stand.

Above all, have a safe and enjoyable day and I look forward to meeting you all at the second Japan North Car Show!

Kind regards,

Jamie Rigby

::: Maps & Recommendations :::

Good evening all,

Below you will find the map outlining the entry points for the venue.

Key:

Red Dot - Indicates entry point for vehicles unaffected by ramps

Blue Dot - Indicates entry point for low vehicles

Green Dot - Indicates entry point for very low vehicles

Orange Dot - Indicates entry point to the showground

Purple Line - Indicates roads leading to Haigh Hall Venue

MapOverviewEntryLocations.jpg

For those not attending with an owners club, or who are not on a club stand, there is plenty parking available and you will be directed towards this on arrival.

If attending as part of a club and with a stand, then you will be asked for the appropriate details, which will correspond to a predefined list.

Kind regards,

Jamie Rigby

::: Touring Car Appearance :::

n503879411_747246_9465.jpg

Wheel Quick have arranged to bring the Matt Neal & Team Halfords Honda Integra Type R Touring Car...

This will be on display tomorrow at the show for you to take photos of and pose with!

All the best,

Jamie Rigby

http://www.wheelquick.co.uk/index2.php

http://www.JapanNorth.co.uk

Good afternoon everyone,

Well, what a fantastic result. Without your presence at the show and contributions to the day, it wouldn't have been the show it turned out to be.

No matter what size of club, large or small, each person that attended helped make the day a success and I thank you all for that.

Not forgetting the marshals and team that helped out on the day - it couldn't have been accomplished without them!

I hope you all liked some of the cars I arranged to be there, including the Nissan GTR, Evo X and Honda Integra DC5 Touring Car :)

As you all know, the day was a tad moist in places and sadly, this is one element I cannot control (however, the chinese have mastered methods of precipitation so maybe they can help? :) )

The raffle prizes and tickets that were drawn on the day can be found on the website at www.JapanNorth.co.uk/raffle.html

The competitions on the day were awarded to:

Show & Shine - Mazda MX-5 from MX5-Nutz - This was sponsored and chosen by Demon Tweeks on the day after really struggling to decide upon a winner. The reason he chose the MX-5 was due to the complete dedication to keeping every inch of the car spotless, in particular the engine bay and ancillaries. The judge did want me to highlight though that the quality was outstanding and he was gutted to have to turn down so many of the entries.

Best I.C.E. - Nissan 350Z from 350Z-UK - This was sponsored and chosen by K and M Acoustics. Same story here, he spent a large part of the day trying to choose between so many fantastic entries. Eventually he chose the Nissan 350Z due to not only the quality of the audio, but the way in which it had been seamlessly into the car. Again, he had to weigh up between both ends of the scale from full on installs, through to almost OEM quality setups.

Best Club Stand - Lancashire & District Subaru Owners Club - This was sponsored and judged by Andy of Just Nissan. Due to the overall presentatation and organisation of the stand, the LADSOC was chosen as the winner of this trophy and it was presented to the team by Andy.

Keep an eye out in the magazines as Banzai and Japanese Performance promised coverage and details have been sent to them. If I find out before yourselves, I'll post up the details for you all. Max Power have already published an article to their website here: http://www.maxpower.co.uk/article.asp?asset=7452 and http://www.maxpower.co.uk/gallery.asp?asset=7455

I'll be hovering around the forum for some time and if you ever want to ask anything regarding the show or anything else feel free to get in touch ;)

From the raffle, stand entries and donations, we raised a total of £1850 which is being donated to Christie's Hospital, Childline Northwest, Wigan & Leigh Hospice and Butterflies.

Once again, may I thank you for all your help in making the show a success and hope to see you at next year's Japan North - 2009!

All the best and regards,

Jamie Rigby

DemonTweeksLogosm.png

Demon Tweeks are offering a very nice offer indeed to all those that attended the show - so make sure you take advantage of this for the one week that it is valid!

Dear Japan North show visitor,

As a visitor of the Japan North show, Demon Tweeks would like to extend it's show special offer to you for this week only.

We are offering show discounts on products purchased this week only (including fitting and/or tracking), and if it's over £50.00 we'll also post it to you free of charge.

To take advantage of this offer, all orders must be placed through myself on 01978 663 024 or email MarcC@demon-tweeks.co.uk, quoting ref JN08.

We can only offer this for one week, so please contact me before the end of next Tuesday 26th (Monday is a Bank Holiday) if you would like to place an order, or alternatively visit our showroom on Mon 25th Aug.

Thanks, and hope to speak to you soon.

Regards,

Marc Coward - Showroom Sales

www.demon-tweeks.co.uk

DIUKLogo.PNG

Additionally, the photographic company for the day, Digital Image UK have published their photographs to their site for review and purchase.

http://www.digitalimageuk.com/gallery/Website/JPN/index.html

If you would like to purchase an image then please call 01228 514 665 to place your order.

Many thanks,

Jamie

Good afternoon everyone,

Well, what a fantastic result. Without your presence at the show and contributions to the day, it wouldn't have been the show it turned out to be.

No matter what size of club, large or small, each person that attended helped make the day a success and I thank you all for that.

Not forgetting the marshals and team that helped out on the day - it couldn't have been accomplished without them!

I hope you all liked some of the cars I arranged to be there, including the Nissan GTR, Evo X and Honda Integra DC5 Touring Car :)

As you all know, the day was a tad moist in places and sadly, this is one element I cannot control (however, the chinese have mastered methods of precipitation so maybe they can help? :) )

The raffle prizes and tickets that were drawn on the day can be found on the website at www.JapanNorth.co.uk/raffle.html

The competitions on the day were awarded to:

Show & Shine - Mazda MX-5 from MX5-Nutz - This was sponsored and chosen by Demon Tweeks on the day after really struggling to decide upon a winner. The reason he chose the MX-5 was due to the complete dedication to keeping every inch of the car spotless, in particular the engine bay and ancillaries. The judge did want me to highlight though that the quality was outstanding and he was gutted to have to turn down so many of the entries.

Best I.C.E. - Nissan 350Z from 350Z-UK - This was sponsored and chosen by K and M Acoustics. Same story here, he spent a large part of the day trying to choose between so many fantastic entries. Eventually he chose the Nissan 350Z due to not only the quality of the audio, but the way in which it had been seamlessly into the car. Again, he had to weigh up between both ends of the scale from full on installs, through to almost OEM quality setups.

Best Club Stand - Lancashire & District Subaru Owners Club - This was sponsored and judged by Andy of Just Nissan. Due to the overall presentatation and organisation of the stand, the LADSOC was chosen as the winner of this trophy and it was presented to the team by Andy.

Keep an eye out in the magazines as Banzai and Japanese Performance promised coverage and details have been sent to them. If I find out before yourselves, I'll post up the details for you all. Max Power have already published an article to their website here: http://www.maxpower.co.uk/article.asp?asset=7452 and http://www.maxpower.co.uk/gallery.asp?asset=7455

I'll be hovering around the forum for some time and if you ever want to ask anything regarding the show or anything else feel free to get in touch ;)

From the raffle, stand entries and donations, we raised a total of £1850 which is being donated to Christie's Hospital, Childline Northwest, Wigan & Leigh Hospice and Butterflies.

Once again, may I thank you for all your help in making the show a success and hope to see you at next year's Japan North - 2009!

All the best and regards,

Jamie Rigby

alright mate

good effort on the show organisation, thought it was a good turn out an very good.

look forward to japan north 2009!!!!!!

cheers

mike

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links