Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Went 'ape' Yesterday!

Fizz

Not quite in the way you might have thought originally by reading the title of the thread... :rolleyes:

Go-Ape to be precise... Was a company paid event in the Dalby Forrest near Scarborough where you have a ball up in the trees with rope bridges, cargo nets, zip lines and the like! :yahoo:

Was fun as hell and man i have never been so high up on zip lines before! (there were 4 of them in total) 240 foot high and just as long through the forrest vally... Im deffo going to go back again. :yes:

Ohh... and get this.. .once we had our safty briefing and demo's for abotu 30 min we were on our own! Talk about responsibility! :huh:

Here are some pics of the day and some of the obsticles we had to encounter etc... B)

Getting kitted up with the safty gear...

DSC08431.jpg

Im behind the guy in the grey just about to launch myself onto the first zip line...

DSC08457.jpg

Some dodgy looking rop bridge...

DSC08458.jpg

Sadly it was blurred but the 2nd of the zip lines...

DSC08464.jpg

Then straight after that one there was the mother of all zip lines! look how high and long it is!!

DSC08477.jpg

Hooking myself to one of the last obsticles.. a tazan swing with a 2 meter drop before the rope takes hold!

DSC08498.jpg

Then a blurred couple of pics me hitting into the cargo net from it! lol

DSC08499.jpg

DSC08500.jpg

DSC08503.jpg

I might arrange a TOC northern meet to this place in a couple of months as its fun as hell and i would do this again over any go karting event!

Let me knwo what you all think.. :)

wow looks amazing :thumbsup:

Even if i have a 'healthy respect for falling from high up' lol thinking thats on my to do list :D

I might arrange a TOC northern meet to this place in a couple of months as its fun as hell and i would do this again over any go karting event!

Let me knwo what you all think.. :)

I'd deffo be up for that!!

:thumbsup:

But the heights and the climbing as well as the heights, the swinging, and the heights, the jumping and the heights.......Don't know if I told you I'm not keen on heights :rolleyes:

Put me down for it if nothing else is on :thumbsup:

That'd make an ace northern meet! There is one of those in sherwood forest just around the corner from us - never been on it but its looks like great fun!

Defo an option for a meet B)

T x

Nice one... also i forgot to add that it was pouring with rain for most of the day which meant it was slippy as hell up there and the woodchipping on the Zip line landing area was wet as hell for all the ***** landing i had! :lol:

Les - There is a nice grass area opposite the go ape place in the forrest with a wood cabin with a cafe and wash rooms etc. They allow people to have BBQ's there as well so it could be a great day out for people who want just to spectate etc.. also very nice senic bike runs and walking paths through the forrest.

That'd make an ace northern meet! There is one of those in sherwood forest just around the corner from us - never been on it but its looks like great fun!

Defo an option for a meet B)

T x

Hey Teg,

To be honest id want to book this place again as its had good reviews in comparrison to the other sites and not only that but this one has the highest zip lines of any of the sites up and down the country... ;)

I suppose the question should be asked over cost and numbers needed?

Then a "show of hands" to see who'd be up for the event!

:D

I suppose the question should be asked over cost and numbers needed?

Then a "show of hands" to see who'd be up for the event!

:D

Thats the best thing about it... no min numbers needed and its £25 per head for the go-ape antics. Then it costs £7 per car to go into the the place so poeple can share cars should they wish etc.

What i will say is that im strict when it comes to taking payments and for something like this i will be taking the full amount up front and in advance most likely for obvious reasons.

Les - I wasnt aiming that at you! lol.. was giving people an idea of what the place is like with regards to bringing familes etc or for those who want to attend but dont want to go up in the trees etc. :)

as per msn conv fatboy...

aye go on then but i aint keen on heights and adventure sports aint my thing,,

but count me in doodette :)

Mo

Hey heyyyyyyy

i went ape last sunday in Grizedale forest in the lake district. Took us 3 hours in total from start to finish, it was awesome.

have a 3 inch deep gash in my arm from biking the day before so had to sign a disclaimer. Hurt like hell but I was not missing the opportunity. it ROCKED

id be up for this for sure

cool.. well we got a good small hand full of the regulars up for this so im happy to organise it.

Keep an eye out in the Northern Meets Section soon. ;)

• 2 months later...

Opps think I missed this thread.

I did all that monkeying around when I went to outward bound in Wales, loved it.

Looks like you had a great time Fizzy.

I would like to say yes I am up for that but ummmm I am older and not wiser now and don't know if I could do it? I know I would kick myself if I didn't give it a go, but with you guys cajoling and helping out I am sure I would do it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links