Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Bulbs Replacement

T Sport 1978

Hi all,

Has anyone attempted to replace their normal filament bulbs with LED bulbs in their Auris?

Been looking into this, but after having a quick look at the standards/fitment out there, it doesn't look simple or friendly.

Thanks in advance

Do you mean the front park lights?

If yes, someone did it to his Auris, in this forum. Search Xenon+Auris, it also have a picture in the thread. The guy installed xenon to his lowbeams and replaced the park lights with the white leds.

If you really mean front paring lights, follow the Toscane's advice :)

I've done it on my Auris, from the front left light it's needed to take off one piece of air intake tube, it's easy, man!

5W5 socket in front parking lights

If you really mean front paring lights, follow the Toscane's advice :)

I've done it on my Auris, from the front left light it's needed to take off one piece of air intake tube, it's easy, man!

5W5 socket in front parking lights

Thanks for the response so far.

Should have clarified better, but i was referring to the Tail and Stop lights.

In regards to which type they should be etc...I actually had a conversation with a company today and i have found the following 2 products just incase anyone else is interested:

Tail light (Type 382)

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/product.p...=613&page=1

Stop Light (Type 7440 21w)

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/product.p...=613&page=1

I have not tried them as yet, but i was hoping someone could confirm the bulb type for the rear Tail light. Note that our Auris has seperate tail and stop light, the stop light being the wedge type, and tail light being the bayonet type. Problem is that there are different bayonet types (different pin arrangement)...

I will be changing the front side lights to white LED also, it looks easy enough. :)

I really see no point of getting LED/Xenon whatever in the taillights because of the plastic cover.

Im changing my parklights to LED lights tomorrow ;)

I really see no point of getting LED/Xenon whatever in the taillights because of the plastic cover.

Why is that, do you think it'll make no difference because of the colour of plastic cover? Auris has non marked, I mean smooth covers, not the ones with the dots or similar to spread the light. So changing to LED lights, in my opinion, will make a great difference because red paint is very transparent. It'll have shorter reaction time and also brighter. I don't think that red plastic covers will mask the LEDs at all.

I might be wrong though, these are my personal assumptions only.

Why is that, do you think it'll make no difference because of the colour of plastic cover? Auris has non marked, I mean smooth covers, not the ones with the dots or similar to spread the light. So changing to LED lights, in my opinion, will make a great difference because red paint is very transparent. It'll have shorter reaction time and also brighter. I don't think that red plastic covers will mask the LEDs at all.

I am definitely going ahead with this. As Toscane said that because the Lens is flat and clear, i think it will look great.

I am still researching into the different types of bulbs and fitment... This is what i have found so far from removing the existing bulbs:

Tail light = R5W

Stop light = W16W wedge type

Fog = P21W Philips 12498

Indicator = HTCPY 21W Philips

Now all i have to do is to find the LED equivalent!

Anyone wanna help? :unsure:

I am definitely going ahead with this. As Toscane said that because the Lens is flat and clear, i think it will look great.

I am still researching into the different types of bulbs and fitment... This is what i have found so far from removing the existing bulbs:

Tail light = R5W

Fog = P21W Philips 12498

OK... Done the swaps for Tail; Stop and front side lights to LEDs.

The tail is using a 9xLED (type 207) bulb

Stop light using a Ultra II SMD LED red (type T10/501) bulb

Front side light using a wide angle white xenon colour (type 501) bulb

Will see how it looks at night tonight.

Tail light = R5W

Fog = P21W Philips 12498

Please take and post some pics also...

Regards, Alex

Tail light = R5W

Fog = P21W Philips 12498

Please take and post some pics also...

Regards, Alex

Front cluster with ultra white LED. Now i have to upgrade the main dip beam, as the mixture of normal yellow with this white/blue looks a little odd i think. Any good suggestions for a white looking halogen? I don't fancy going the xenon conversion

post-21237-1215728923_thumb.jpg

This one is with both tail and brake lights on... ITs slightly long exposure and looks VERY bright on the picture... And it is very bright in real life too. Maybe a little too bright?

post-21237-1215728942_thumb.jpg

This is a close up if just the tail light on... Definitely brighter than normal filament.

post-21237-1215728950_thumb.jpg

So... Am thinking about changing the rear indicators to LEDs too. Everytime i see a new Passat i wish to myself i have LEDs indicators!

Any good suggestions for white halogen replacements?

Hmm... Maybe you can put put LED into one side and stock bulb into the other side of the brake lights and take a picture to see the difference more clearly? Because in the second picture, brake light seems very, very bright. So bright that it might be bad for the drivers behind you at night. I'm not sure though, from the picture it looks like a gigantic rear fog light. :mellow:

However tail light seems pretty good. :)

Hmm... Maybe you can put put LED into one side and stock bulb into the other side of the brake lights and take a picture to see the difference more clearly? Because in the second picture, brake light seems very, very bright. So bright that it might be bad for the drivers behind you at night. I'm not sure though, from the picture it looks like a gigantic rear fog light. :mellow:

Yeah, it does look bad on the picture because i did a night shot which is a long-ish exposure on the lens of the camera. The light looks saturated and flooded, but in real life there are just 2 VERY prominent red dots where the LEDs are. But yes it may still be too bright for the car behind me, so i am going to ask a mate to follow me tomorrow and give an honest opinion...

I think when i change the indicators to LED and the dip beam to white halogen, i will be happy. :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Yeah, it does look bad on the picture because i did a night shot which is a long-ish exposure on the lens of the camera. The light looks saturated and flooded, but in real life there are just 2 VERY prominent red dots where the LEDs are. But yes it may still be too bright for the car behind me, so i am going to ask a mate to follow me tomorrow and give an honest opinion...

I think when i change the indicators to LED and the dip beam to white halogen, i will be happy. :thumbsup:

Hello T-Sport!

Was reading this old topic and wanted to ask what did you do to your lights? Have LED:s or no, and how does the

LED indicator light work? You were talking that you are going to replace the original one with LED, which one did

you mean, front or the back one?

Best regards, Alex

Hello T-Sport!

Was reading this old topic and wanted to ask what did you do to your lights? Have LED:s or no, and how does the

LED indicator light work? You were talking that you are going to replace the original one with LED, which one did

Best regards, Alex

Hi Alex,

What i ended up doing is the following:

Tail light (Not brake light) - Installed a pair of 9xLED (type 207) bulb

Stop light (Brake light) - Installed a pair of Ultra II SMD LED red (type T10/501) bulb which is very very bright.

Front side light - Installed a pair of wide angle white xenon colour LED (type 501) bulb

Basically my back clusters involving red colour lights are all LED and my front side light is LED. My dip light is using a pair of Osram Night Breaker which makes a hugh difference.

I didn't go with LED for indicator in the end because it requires a resistor kit and didn't fancy doing this as its just hassle, it is necessary because it draws so little current that the car thinks the indicator doesnt work and blinks quickly to let you know there is a fault. Thats where the resistor kit comes in. But if you are interested it is this kind that you need:

TYPE 207 (for real cluster)

I am glad i did it because it stands out and it just looks cool :)

Hello T-Sport!

Best regards, Alex

Hi Alex,

Stop light (Brake light) - Installed a pair of Ultra II SMD LED red (type T10/501) bulb which is very very bright.

Front side light - Installed a pair of wide angle white xenon colour LED (type 501) bulb

Basically my back clusters involving red colour lights are all LED and my front side light is LED. My dip light is using a pair of Osram Night Breaker which makes a hugh difference.

I didn't go with LED for indicator in the end because it requires a resistor kit and didn't fancy doing this as its just hassle, it is necessary because it draws so little current that the car thinks the indicator doesnt work and blinks quickly to let you know there is a fault. Thats where the resistor kit comes in. But if you are interested it is this kind that you need:

That's cool man, nice mod! I saw the pics you posted before, but do you have or can you make some new ones, especially some photos taken during daylight, I think they will give better idea than the night shots about how the lights look like...

Also the front side light would be nice to see!

Best regards, Alex

Hello T-Sport!

Best regards, Alex

Hi Alex,

That's cool man, nice mod! I saw the pics you posted before, but do you have or can you make some new ones, especially some photos taken during daylight, I think they will give better idea than the night shots about how the lights look like...

Best regards, Alex

No worries mate, will try and take some pics this weekend hopefully with some much needed sun shine as well.

Also i installed an Apline unit and that was fun!

Hello T-Sport!

Best regards, Alex

Hi Alex,

Best regards, Alex

Alex,

Sort of day time and am not too sure that it is different to the ones previously. Anyway hope this shows what you want to see.

post-21237-1228602280_thumb.jpg

post-21237-1228602309_thumb.jpg

post-21237-1228602442_thumb.jpg

Hello T-Sport!

Best regards, Alex

Hi Alex,

Best regards, Alex

Alex,

Sort of day time and am not too sure that it is different to the ones previously. Anyway hope this shows what you want to see.

And one of my Alpine double din. :thumbsup:

post-21237-1228602723_thumb.jpg

Hello T-Sport and thanks for the pics!

The player from Alpine looks cool, do the blue backlights fit the yellow colour of your car's illumination? Didn't notice any difference in the taillights. You can see it only when looking very close (close-up picture). Front parking lights are the same I had before, but removed them due to USA-style blinker-parkinglights MOD, they weren't exactly the same colour as my xenons, a bit more blue so I didn't like them very much.

Would love to see one more pic (of your side blinker) if that's possible!

And by the way, don't remember if I've asked this allready, but are you going to go for the HID installation?

Best regards, Alex