Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Many Miles?

Adyone

Just back from holiday in Rhodes.

Had conversation with taxi driver on the way to the airport to fly home and SHE said that we were in her new taxi (3 weeks old).

Her old taxi was an Avensis diesel, 9 years old when she replaced it.

It had one million one hundred thousand kilometers on the speedo and was still running on its original engine!!!

Thats 683,508 miles :eek:

We passed by the garage where we saw the Avensis waiting to have the roof repainted (all taxis there have white roof) and to have some new private number plates before the car could be sold on.

Cheers

Ady

• 2 weeks later...

Mine must be just "run-in" then at nearly 100,000! :D

• 9 months later...
Just back from holiday in Rhodes.

Had conversation with taxi driver on the way to the airport to fly home and SHE said that we were in her new taxi (3 weeks old).

Her old taxi was an Avensis diesel, 9 years old when she replaced it.

It had one million one hundred thousand kilometers on the speedo and was still running on its original engine!!!

Thats 683,508 miles :eek:

We passed by the garage where we saw the Avensis waiting to have the roof repainted (all taxis there have white roof) and to have some new private number plates before the car could be sold on.

Cheers

Ady

My brother has come across a few old Carina e 1.6 like that in Ireland, 600,000 plus miles on original engine and box. I know before I get it straight back!! They (Toyota) "don't make them like that anymore," but i'm still happy with mine, a 2.2D4D T-spirit.

my old avensis had 430,00 miles.

it was orginally plated as a hackney carriage

now still running as a private hire!

Does anyone think the MK2's can do that sort of mileage. I know they get pass 140,000 easy, but they not as good as they were when they were built back in Japan.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links