Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pimp My Rav

Hoovie

After a couple of cutting comments from Stew .... :crybaby: ;) , been working out what I have done to the HoovieMobile :D

It came with the "Style Pack", so already got rear step, front nudge and side bars but apart from that was standard XT3.

First thing was a Brinks Tow Bar fitted with Euro-style electrics (much more reliable then the UK 7-pin style connectors)

First thing to get added inside was:

Denison ICE>>Link for iPOD - Works well; controls the iPOD from the Steering Wheel controls which is nice. It was tucked away in the centre console, but after being sent a Dashmount to try out on a SatNav fitting, I relocated the iPod Cradle by the Radio and it is now in a perfect place :thumbsup:

Sat-Nav next and with the gooseneck fitting, is in a very handy location now

Final toy on the dash is the Cruise Control, which I haven't that much opportunity to really use yet, but is great to use so far.

Pic of the Toyota Toys below:

ToyotaToysMedium.jpg

Leather Seats - Work In Progress:

Leather-BeforeandAfterMedium.jpg

Rears done, Heated Fronts next week :D

And boxed up ready to install are the Toyota Driving Lights B)

A likely addition in the future will be a TPMS for about £100 to co-incide with a new set of boots all round. Only had two punctures in last 12 years. But both times, by the time I noticed, the tyres were wrecked and it cost about £250 to get replacements. A TPMS will go along away to pay for itself if it avoids that happening

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hoovie

• anchorman

• Fujisan

• local hero

Nothing Hi-Tech like you Hoovie :lol:

Erm....

Mud-flaps

Boot liner (thank you Kingo :thumbsup: )

Chrome trim for the end the exhaust.....can't beat a bit of bling :lol::lol:

er....struggling now

Child seat and Winnie the Pooh window blind :lol::lol::lol:

:eek: :eek: :eek: Do you need to be in your RAV Hoovie to actually drive it ;) ;)

Toyota detachable tow bar (came fitted when I brought it)

Brake disks and pads all round

DMF

HP Fuel pump.....

Oh you mean extras spent on the RAV.....

Err nothing really as it has most things as standard... Leather, Multi disk CD player, Had a fitted nokia car kit but work changed phones to Blackberry's so that went, have Blue tooth voice activation now.... via my headset....

I think the rav looks really good as it is, even though the steel rims arent the nicest...

I've only changed the stereo and Speakers. Fitted a Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57 with MP3 and Bluetooth:

IMG_6482.JPG

Check the mic placement :)

My Speakers are cheap pioneer component Speakers, but far better than the original crap.

I've connected the speed signal to head unit for auto volume, which is really nice considering the amount of noice produced when driving... Picture if you're interseted

I also fitted a USB in the console:

IMG_6485.JPG

Here's a bugs view of my front... nice lisence plate holder?

IMG_6488.JPG

Good placement for the USB :thumbsup:

The surround you have for the stereo is much neater then others I have seen - that was off-the-shelf I presume? didn't make it specially?

The surround you have for the stereo is much neater then others I have seen - that was off-the-shelf I presume? didn't make it specially?

You mean the facia? It's made by Dietz, and sold all over. You can find it at eBay i think.

It's really nice, because it doesn't make the head unit stick far out from the dash.

Hoovie......you've got some work to do! :lol::lol::lol:
OKAY all very impressive, but 10 yrs ago i built a complete 4x4, from scratch complete with run flats :toast:

planters002.jpg

planters001.jpg

planters003.jpg

needs a coat of cuprinol now and again, but very cheap to run..

I really like those, stew :thumbsup:
CHEERS HOOVIE, its looking a bit tired now! think i will pimp it and make some new wheels, as i didn't have a lathe when i made it..Keep on pimping Hoovie, what you are do'ing to your car is brill, wish i had your skill +enthusiasm, amongst other things that american guys rav performance figures, could there be a 5 door, faster than a certain 3door? Good job Bothies away at the mo, feel a transatlantic standing 1/4 coming on :yes:

I registered just to show you guys, I'm pretty sure you'll get a kick out of this, there's too many pictures to post, but here's a teaser and a link.

w152407140.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3110740

Nice work Wesley.

Did they modify your existing lights or are they a stock item?

Also, have you done any mechanical mods?

Cheers.

I registered just to show you guys, I'm pretty sure you'll get a kick out of this, there's too many pictures to post, but here's a teaser and a link.

w152407140.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3110740

Nice work Wesley.

Did they modify your existing lights or are they a stock item?

Also, have you done any mechanical mods?

Cheers.

CCFL Dual Halo LED Projectors with JDM Black Housing.

3110740_17_full.jpg

These I bought complete in their own black housing, all you have to do is replace the entire unit.

CCFL Dual Halo LED Projectors with JDM Black Housing.

3110740_17_full.jpg

These I bought complete in their own black housing, all you have to do is replace the entire unit.

Now, I really do like them :yes::thumbsup:

LO all... :lol:

I hate to say it but I dont like any of the pics :yucky: except for Hoovies.... Am I getting old in my young age or is it just that our Ravs dont really need any of this pimpin stuff? :(

Only bits I would like are the side steps and the ipod kit.... and perhaps the cruise control which Hoovie installed. However when login off the forum I get back to reality and realise that the likely hood of any of it being added to me Rav is never gonna happen.... Me other half aint into cars n stuff so doesn't really like the idea of spending too much money on it :crybaby:

However I did get me windows tinted and a viper 500xv alarm fitted...

I dont believe there's much else one would want to do to the Rav as it's such a nice car just the way it is....

Im sure you'll all agree, regardless to which Rav you have..... ;)

Regards

Rob

B)

Have done a lot...

Exterior :

Original 18" Lexus RX350 wheels

Original Diesel hood

TTE Grille without logo

Aftermarket Rearspoiler with LED brakelight

Original Rearbar in bodycolor, roofbars in bodycolor

Original Window vents

Original mudflaps front+rear in bodycolor

Aftermarket LED taillights

Aftermarket 6000K HID Hi/Lo xenon

Badges shaved

50% tinted windows (all) and streamer

TTE Double exhaust

Interior :

All original champagne-colored panels in bodycolor

Other panels as steeringwheel covers, windowswitch bezel, doorhandles etc. also in bodycolor

Isolated whole inside and doors

Original ´sport´ Aluminium Door Entry Sill Panels

ICE:

Fullmap Touchscreen navi B9010 (MP3/WMA)

Original subwoofer

Original CD changer

Video interface with backup camera and cinch audio/video input

Switch for use the Touchscreen while driving

Switch to power off the Touchscreen (no ´playing´ while in service)

Infinity 6.5" composet front

Infinity 6.5" 2-way rear

Parrot bluetooth carkit + peiker mic

...and a good alarm system with autoclose windows.

To do list :

JDM headlights (DIY)

HID 6000K for foglights

Whiteline swaybars front/rear

Original pushbar

Scangauge II

Beat that!! :lol:

29_thumb.JPG

34_thumb.JPG

57_thumb.JPG

Here's a quick overview of mine.........

90 degree check strap and improved boot lighting (I bought the second light while in the USA recently and will fit it on the other side of the boot soon).

IMG_1212-1.jpg

Auto dipping rear mirror;

IMG_1171.jpg

Decent twin tone horns;

Horns116.jpg

Ipod interface;

ipod.jpg

Genuine carpets and F&R mud flaps;

IMG_1213.jpg

Rear bumper protection film;

Protector.jpg

Apart from the bumper protector it is outwardly untouched:

RAV2.jpg

Have done a lot...

Exterior :

Original 18" Lexus RX350 wheels

Original Diesel hood

TTE Grille without logo

Aftermarket Rearspoiler with LED brakelight

Original Rearbar in bodycolor, roofbars in bodycolor

Original Window vents

Original mudflaps front+rear in bodycolor

Aftermarket LED taillights

Aftermarket 6000K HID Hi/Lo Xenon

Badges shaved

50% tinted windows (all) and streamer

TTE Double exhaust

Interior :

All original champagne-colored panels in bodycolor

Other panels as steeringwheel covers, windowswitch bezel, doorhandles etc. also in bodycolor

Isolated whole inside and doors

Original ´sport´ Aluminium Door Entry Sill Panels

ICE:

Fullmap Touchscreen navi B9010 (MP3/WMA)

Original subwoofer

Original CD changer

Video interface with backup camera and cinch audio/video input

Switch for use the Touchscreen while driving

Switch to power off the Touchscreen (no ´playing´ while in service)

Infinity 6.5" composet front

Infinity 6.5" 2-way rear

Parrot bluetooth carkit + peiker mic

...and a good alarm system with autoclose windows.

To do list :

JDM headlights (DIY)

HID 6000K for foglights

Whiteline swaybars front/rear

Original pushbar

Scangauge II

Beat that!! :lol:

I think it all adds up to the best looking RAV I have ever seen (IMO)

Thanks Anchorman! ;)

Here's a quick overview of mine.........

90 degree check strap and improved boot lighting (I bought the second light while in the USA recently and will fit it on the other side of the boot soon).

Ah yes - the 90 Degree checkstrap - an essential really :)

Decent twin tone horns;

Horns116.jpg

I wish you hadn't posted that, Mr AM .... my funds are running very short now but gonna have to do it - standard horn is too wimpy :yes:

Ipod interface;

ipod.jpg

How well does this work on the 4.3? On the Dension kit for the 4.2, the iPod appears like a minidisk changer, so I have 6 playlists and can select between playlists and then go up and down tracks in that playlist - cannot search for a title or artist or anything like that though. Also only displays 12 characters (the first one I have for some reason displayed the whole name on the display, but when it failed and got swapped, the new one was 'normal')

Genuine carpets and F&R mud flaps;

Rear bumper protection film;

Protector.jpg

Apart from the bumper protector it is outwardly untouched:

RAV2.jpg

Nice and Subtle :thumbsup:

This will sound very contradictory considering what I have done and posted, but I prefer the 'stealth' side more and stick in interior mods mostly, with outside ones tending to be official Toyota stuff which is understated.

I do like those projector style headlamps on we5leyz's RAV4.3 though - very nice.

I hate to say it but I dont like any of the pics :yucky: except for Hoovies.... Am I getting old in my young age or is it just that our Ravs dont really need any of this pimpin stuff? :(

Only bits I would like are the side steps and the ipod kit.... and perhaps the cruise control which Hoovie installed. However when login off the forum I get back to reality and realise that the likely hood of any of it being added to me Rav is never gonna happen.... Me other half aint into cars n stuff so doesn't really like the idea of spending too much money on it :crybaby:

I dont believe there's much else one would want to do to the Rav as it's such a nice car just the way it is....

Regards

Rob

B)

This is my 2nd Rav4, because my parents took my first Rav4 while I was deployed. I love the Rav4, and I think every single Rav4 is beautiful in its own, but what you fail to see is that when people customize their Rav, it makes that Rav unique to them in their own way. I would not do what I've done to my Rav4 to any other car, but my Rav4. I love going on CarDomain and see what other's have done to their Rav.

Ignorance is bliss old man

o155597888.jpg

w152407491.jpg

w152407413.jpg

w156275807.jpg

w156275779.jpg

w156275735.jpg

w156274767.jpg

w156274849.jpg

w156274943.jpg

w156275040.jpg

Regards

Rob

B)

HI ROB, like you i like the std rav, mine has roofrails, steps,wind deflectors, etc etc. but lets be honest they are all parts from the MR T parts bin,

you can go to any MR T and see cars like mine in the showroom, but even simple mods like, Dave Ms exhaust trim + sat nav mount, and the guy who made a solid rear shelf, and especially Hoovies leather + cruise control, and now wesleys car from America, which is on a completely different level, whether you love or loathe these things at least these guys are doing some thing different, and giving people like me Ideas, even if i personally will never have the time, the know how, or the money to do them myself, I take my hat off to them, for do'ing something different, :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is my 2nd Rav4, because my parents took my first Rav4 while I was deployed. I love the Rav4, and I think every single Rav4 is beautiful in its own, but what you fail to see is that when people customize their Rav, it makes that Rav unique to them in their own way. I would not do what I've done to my Rav4 to any other car, but my Rav4. I love going on CarDomain and see what other's have done to their Rav.

" I love the Rav4, and I think every single Rav4 is beautiful in its own,"

Very well put, a lovely turn of phrase and I couldn't agree more :thumbsup:

Not everybody could drive a car a like yours but I think we can all admire the hard work, effort and love that went into these projects. Whether it is Bothy with his drag racers, AM and Hoovie with their improvements on the original or your work of automotive art (if I can put it that way) We5ley.

By the way, glad you're safe and sound and here to enjoy your RAV. Thank you! :thumbsup:

whether you love or loathe these things at least these guys are doing some thing different, and giving people like me Ideas, even if i personally will never have the time, the know how, or the money to do them myself, I take my hat off to them, for do'ing something different, :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Agreed :yes::yes::thumbsup:

I love the DVD screens, we5leyz, very nicely done.

When it comes to the mods, I really enjoy seeing stuff that - although it is unique, it 'could' have come out the factory because it is so neatly integrated - some of the ICE setups with the carputers where guys had fabricated them into the facia and dash are amazing.

Don't think I have been to CarDomain - but I will be having a look now :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links