Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr 1.8 Turbo...

Nerfie

Howdy,

After having and SR 1.8 for a year now or so... I'm getting itchy to do something I never thought I'd do... Turbo charge (or Supercharge) it. I have tried searching for SR 1.8 stuff and Turbo things, but nothing came up (even in the T sport section?) so apologies if I've blatently missed something.

Here's the deal though. I'm completely new to the tuning scene and I don't really want to get my hands dirty. I had heard that TRD in Japan have a Turbo and/or supercharger for the 2ZR-FE... googling I can't seem to find clear evidence to support or deny this. So I'm tempted to see what the dealer can do for me? I know in the states, Scion (toyotas failed attempt at being youthfull since-the-Supra brand I believe?) does have a car with the 2ZR-FE AND a supercharger! Which kindda supports what I've heard I guess. Doing a search on the performance parts sites I know of (mostly the ones listed on here heh) doesn't seem to turn up much either!?

So to sum up (as I'm not even sure what I wrote lol)

1) Any ideas who to speak to about tuning up the SR 1.8?

2) Rough costs, I'm expecting it to be a couple of grand? :S

3) Can I take it somewhere (preferably a Toyota approved place for warrenty issues)

Any help/insight will be appreciated! :D

Warrany would go out the window as soon as you did anything to engine!

Best place is envyperformance.com its not going to be cheap but will be top quality!

Warrany would go out the window as soon as you did anything to engine!

Best place is envyperformance.com its not going to be cheap but will be top quality!

Hey Dude,

thanks for the reply... I thought warrenty would go out the window if I did it myself or didnt use TTE/TRD stuff... but I guess I was being a little optimistic thinking that if TTE came out with a supercharger like they did for the 1.5's and was fitted by TTE themselves, it'd still void the warrenty?

Well thats just fantastic :(

You would not void the warranty if it was fitted by TTE.

unfortunatly i dont think they do anything for the 1.8 yet :unsure:

but i have not looked so dont take my word on that one ;)

Hello Kimi, thanks for the reply :) can I just say... awesome T sport...

I checked out TTE's website, and it doesn't look like there is anything :( So I'm going to send off an email or two and try to convince them they need to do it... ;0

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Kimi, thanks for the reply :) can I just say... awesome T sport...

I checked out TTE's website, and it doesn't look like there is anything :( So I'm going to send off an email or two and try to convince them they need to do it... ;0

Sorry dude.. but there is Nothing (factory or aftermaket) for the 2ZR-FE. I'm on the same boat as you. I have a 2008 Yaris TS 1.8L and I've looking around for months..

There is one kompressor kit manufactured by Garage Frey from Swiss... and is a hole lot of money!!

Regarding the options in the USA... there is nothing either.

Currently the following cars have the 2ZR-FE engine in the US:

Scion xD 2008

Toyota Corolla 2009

Toyota Matrix 2009

Pontiac Vibe 2009.

There is no force induction kit for any of these.

The mods I have done to my car so far are:

Custom cat back exhaust ( with a secondary cat delete)

Custom intake ( A Fujita competition Cold air intake is in process and I should have it on a few weeks, it was just released)

Short shifter from NST

Coilover suspension Tein Basic set.

Isn’t it a new engine by Toyota (developed in 2007), as it's so new it may take a while for any modifications.

Hit up lional at NTF, he can make up custom turbos etc. Pritty sure he will be able to get something sorted for you. (hes been trying to get me to do mine for a while now!)

Defo give him a call and he can sort you something out for you (get a 10% discount if your with YCUK). Or just email him lol.

http://www.ninjatunefactory.com/contactus.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! Well, I have good news for you. I also have a 1.8 TS. Bemani which is a Swiss company who also is responsible for the Turbo on the Vauxhall Corsa OPC, etc. Has now a Supercharger Kit that will bring the 1.8 TS to 215PS and 207Nm. Among other things the Tuning contains a radial compressor, a loading air cooler, as well as an exhaust arrangement from catalyst with a tube diameter of 2.5 duties(customs).Im not sure how the warranty works still, but they are well known to work on toyota! So there might be a chance there. Here are some pics from their actual TS in Switzerland. The info on prices are as follow, Price incl. exhaust arrangement einflutig: SFr. 9 ' 960.00, and the other one would be: Price incl. exhaust arrangement zweiflutig: SFr. 10 ' 955.00. It is a bit expensive so I am hoping that is approved by Toyota, I am still waiting for some more information from them, and as soon as i get some i will post it here.

TSkompressor2.jpg

TSkompressor.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks very much for the replies guys! :D

I'd ideally like to go through TTE... So I will spam them with this information stating that they'd better come up with something quickly or I'll be spending my money elsewhere :D

Sounds like I just need to wait a wee bit longer. I've been thinking about it, and I've changed my mind... I would rather go with a supercharger over a turbo for numerous reasons. The only reason I wanted a turbo though so I could get a dump valve... still the subtle whine of a supercharger would more then make up for that :D However, providing it takes the performance up to that of a corsa VRX/Fiesta ST etc I'll be happy.

I just replaced my 07 SR 1.8 with an 08 SR 1.8 from RED to Black, so far just have the rear windows tinted... looking at getting some decals for it at some point. I live down in somerset, but I work in bristol, so if you see a black SR with tints, give me a flash :D

Thanks to Castrex and Italianyaris.... http://www.garage-frey.ch/YarisP9.htm

Doesn't that look nice... the performance figures look awesome too :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello every body,

Anyone interested on improved performance on the 2ZR-FE 1.8L engine look this thread:

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=240773

Just to put everyone up to speed.

Richard Holdener (Dynatek Perfomance) an well know performance book/article writter has developed a bolt on Intake Manifold for the Scion xD.

In case you don't know the 09 Corolla and the Scion xd share the SAME engine as the Yaris SR 1.8L

The prototype unit on his car produced 145 wheel horse power from a base line of 119 whp with his prototype intake + a full exhaust + CAI

He claims that at least 15WHP came from the manifold alone.

Those are huge gains for an engine like ours.

Richard has agreed to make one production run of his Mani but he is requesting at least 10 interested people to make it happen.

The estimated price for this first production run will be around $700 US

This is like the best bang for the buck performance wise...

If you are interested please take a look at the scionlife thread I mention as there is all the info and you can post your questions there...

I won't be monitoring this thread very often so please ask in the thread I mention.

I don't have anything to do with the production of this manifold. I'm just trying fish interested people to make this happen.

This Mani will fit any car with the 2ZR-FE Engine. Including the Yaris SR/TS and the Auris

Also, some more info on performance parts been developed for our engine...

NST (Non Stop tuning) is currently developing a set of underdrive lightweight pulleys for our engine. You can find more info over at scion life on the scion xd section as well.

Thanks Castrex!

Unfortunatly, it's the voiding the warrenty which puts me off :(

Still, more emails to TF1 demonstrating the interest people have in tuning this engine and car :)

Thanks Castrex!

Unfortunatly, it's the voiding the warrenty which puts me off :(

Still, more emails to TF1 demonstrating the interest people have in tuning this engine and car :)

Is not like you can not remove the manifold before a warranty inspection!!

I don't even know what a manifold does :P I assume it's some kindda dude that makes origama objects on request though ;)

I'll ask my local dealer and get back to you, if a manifold would be ok or not, they are quite lenient with me ;0

I don't even know what a manifold does :P I assume it's some kindda dude that makes origama objects on request though ;)

I'll ask my local dealer and get back to you, if a manifold would be ok or not, they are quite lenient with me ;0

This is a picture of another manifold from the same guy. This one was created for th Nissan Versa/Tida.

Ours will not look like this one but the principle is the same

post-56301-1225090142_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links