Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 A2 My2004 Gps Help !

rave

Hello, i need to find a maps dvd for my RAV4 mounted navigation but i don`t know the model of the system, it`s the one that as not a separate box and when it opens it as 2 slots one for the maps dvd an another one for cd player and it is touch screen, if anyone knows the model please tell me so i can look in the net for the dvd, i know it`s not a TNS200 or a TNS 300 because this ones have a separate box. Thanks in advance. :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rave

• Clive XT5

• Hoovie

• shcm

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will have to find a number on the front to quote or post a photo of the unit here - it sounds like it may be a non-Toyota one?

I think you will have to find a number on the front to quote or post a photo of the unit here - it sounds like it may be a non-Toyota one?

This is the one:

gps1xx9.jpg

This is the one:

gps1xx9.jpg

Looks to be the same as in my RAV a B9001 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is the one:

gps1xx9.jpg

Ok, i know now it is the TNS600 (B9001)I really haven`t mounted yet, so can you tell me if its confirmed to have a CD player and a DVD player?

Does it mantains the INFO and Board Computer Info?

Did you manage already to make able to watch DVD`s?

Can you please send me a photo of the dvd label?

I can not find it anywhere on the net for this system and in Toyota should be expensive, maybe with a photo i can find it on E-bay, is it a dvd or a Cd? thanks (jorge.fernandes@kanguru.pt)

This is the one:

gps1xx9.jpg

Hello Clive

Seen any good exclusivity contracts lately!!!

Bring back memories?

Can someone tell me if changing to the TNS600 GPS System, i will loose the board computer info that appears on the screen of the normal CD Radio Toyota ???

This is the one:

gps1xx9.jpg

Hello Clive

Seen any good exclusivity contracts lately!!!

Bring back memories?

Hi Anchorman,

Your not suggesting that we got involved in restrictive practices like exclusive supply contracts are you !!! :rolleyes: :o

Does bring back memories though as I expect it does with you. Since I retired the only exclusive contracts I see are those my wife keeps making me sign promising to do all the things I have been putting off for years.

This is the one:

gps1xx9.jpg

Ok, i know now it is the TNS600 (B9001)I really haven`t mounted yet, so can you tell me if its confirmed to have a CD player and a DVD player?

Does it mantains the INFO and Board Computer Info?

Did you manage already to make able to watch DVD`s?

Can you please send me a photo of the dvd label?

I can not find it anywhere on the net for this system and in Toyota should be expensive, maybe with a photo i can find it on E-bay, is it a dvd or a Cd? thanks (jorge.fernandes@kanguru.pt)

a) It has a single CD slot and a DVD slot for the Navigation Map.

b- With this system you lose the on board Computer info. such as mpg & average speed etc.,

c) Cannot watch DVD's on it. Whether you can convert I do not know.

d) The Navigation Map is a DVD. Label says very little - DVD NAVIGATION MAP EUROPE and what I presume could be Part Numbers 86271-64012 86271-60V542 (2004-2005 Ver2.)

Suggest you get a TOYOTA RAV4 NAVIGATION SYSTEM OWNERS MANUAL from your local Toyota dealer. The ENGLISH version is Publication No. OM42549E Part No. 01999-42549. It contains all the information for using both the navigation and audio system with this head unit.

Hope this helps.

Can someone tell me if changing to the TNS600 GPS System, i will loose the board computer info that appears on the screen of the normal CD Radio Toyota ???

Unfortunately you will !!!!!!!!!!!

:( :( :( But thats really strange..because what happens when it comes from factory with the GPS mounted? They tell you it cames with board computer but you can`t see it? maybe theres a way to pass it to the miles screen???

:( :( :( But thats really strange..because what happens when it comes from factory with the GPS mounted? They tell you it cames with board computer but you can`t see it? maybe theres a way to pass it to the miles screen???

My XT5 came with GPS as standard. There are certain functions you can input like Maintenance Information, Calendar etc., but info like mpg and average speed etc., you can't get. This has been discussed on the forum before as it is strange that the higher spec. model with Sat Nav loses this useful information available on the XT3 & 4. :angry::angry:

My XT5 came with GPS as standard. There are certain functions you can input like Maintenance Information, Calendar etc., but info like mpg and average speed etc., you can't get. This has been discussed on the forum before as it is strange that the higher spec. model with Sat Nav loses this useful information available on the XT3 & 4. :angry::angry:

Thanks Clive, just tell me: What is the colour of your navigation buttons ? Are they Orange or Green ? or it allows you to change the colour ? and the buttons on the stering wheel still keep working? thanks again.

Thanks Clive, just tell me: What is the colour of your navigation buttons ? Are they Orange or Green ? or it allows you to change the colour ? and the buttons on the stering wheel still keep working? thanks again.

Rave,

Not sure what you mean by navigation buttons! The system is operated mainly by the switches on the screen which you lightly touch with your finger. (Touch Screen Command) You can set a background colour for the screen as Green, Blue, Grey or Beige. The steering wheel buttons for the radio /CD still work with this system.

Clive

Rave,

Not sure what you mean by navigation buttons! The system is operated mainly by the switches on the screen which you lightly touch with your finger. (Touch Screen Command) You can set a background colour for the screen as Green, Blue, Grey or Beige. The steering wheel buttons for the radio /CD still work with this system.

Clive

I meant the buttons that say audio/am/fm....at night they light in green or Orange??

Clive,

I got my XT5 in April this year and it does have the MPG etc. information. It's on the display at the bottom of the instrument binacle and is set up using the button adjacent to the trip.

Best regards

Chris

Clive,

I got my XT5 in April this year and it does have the MPG etc. information. It's on the display at the bottom of the instrument binacle and is set up using the button adjacent to the trip.

Best regards

Chris

Chris,

I presume yours is the 4.3 model which very well could have the mpg etc., info. Mine is the 4.2 XT5 and the Sat Nav set up must be different from the 4.3 as the MPG and associated info is just not available on mine. However I would love to be proved wrong so if yours is the 4.2 please let me know how to get at it.

Regards. Clive

Rave,

Clive

I meant the buttons that say audio/am/fm....at night they light in green or Orange??

ORANGE . :) :)

Clive,

Best regards

Chris

Chris,

I presume yours is the 4.3 model which very well could have the mpg etc., info. Mine is the 4.2 XT5 and the Sat Nav set up must be different from the 4.3 as the MPG and associated info is just not available on mine. However I would love to be proved wrong so if yours is the 4.2 please let me know how to get at it.

Regards. Clive

Sorry Clive - I'm new to RAV's and forgot about the date of the model change. Put it down to senility! :!Removed!:

Best regards

Chris

Ok, problem solved :thumbsup: Just win an auction on E-bay Germany for a set of 3 DVD 2007/2008 version 1 for 42 €, great price !! hope it will work...So after all the shopping...there cames some mods:

Installing GPS TNS600 with Bluethoot Parrot CK3200 and X-carlink IPOD Interface

Mounting Leather Kit on all Seats

For now H4 Philips Extreme White bulbs.

Rear Parking sensors

Next:

Tinted rear Windows

OEM Chrome side bars

New OEM Spare wheel cover

OEM front Guard

TTE front Grill

• 3 weeks later...

Finally I have mounted the TNS600 GPS UNIT and i`m very Happy with it despite i really didn`t tried the GPS yet, but it looks really great giving a new live to the car interior, it was plug and play except for the steering wheel controls connector that is diferent and had to do a little bricolage to change it, i was lucky that the unit i bought used from e-bay come with that connector and some wire, i also made a very good business with a GPS Software from e-bay 2007-2008 version, I have some questions: Looking at a manual of the TNS600 Installation that got from Toyota Service Info Site I see that they say to connect a connector that I don`t have to a wire that comes out from one of the pins of the odometer connector, but that instalation is showed for a RAV 4.3 and not for a 4.2 is this really necessary??? what is the purpose of it???

And i have two empty connectors on the back of the unit that i really don`t know what is their use (i suposed that one is for that odometer connector) but the other i don`t know, does someone know?

thanks guys

Looking at a manual of the TNS600 Installation that got from Toyota Service Info Site I see that they say to connect a connector that I don`t have to a wire that comes out from one of the pins of the odometer connector, but that instalation is showed for a RAV 4.3 and not for a 4.2 is this really necessary??? what is the purpose of it???

If you mean the one that comes from the instrument pack it is almost certainly the vehicle speed signal. The sat nav can probably do without it, but your position on the map may move in jumps rather than smoothly. Well it does on mine anyway, when the speed signal is disconnected.

It's used to help track your position more accurately e.g. when the unit can't see enough satellites to get a fix with consistently high accuracy.

If you haven't already connected it, it should be there on the old 4.2 head unit wiring anyway.

If you do connect it, it may prevent you from entering destinations while the vehicle is moving. Most people's fix for that is to put a switch in the wire.

And i have two empty connectors on the back of the unit that i really don`t know what is their use (i suposed that one is for that odometer connector) but the other i don`t know, does someone know?

Post some pictures and I might be able to help. If one is a grey 5 pin connector it can sometimes carry:

• Vehicle Speed Input
  • Reverse Selected Input (usually to activate a reversing camera)
  • Park Brake (Used if the head unit can take a DVD changer input I believe).

When I installed a Honda Sat-Nav into my HR-V, I didn;t connect the speed signal and when I tried out the mapping, the car didn't know I was moving from my position, but DID know when I was turning - very weird. I think each restart it knew where I was and when the signal was lost, it used the speed signal and internal gyro to give good mapping - which the tomtoms can't do, of course

When I installed a Honda Sat-Nav into my HR-V, I didn;t connect the speed signal and when I tried out the mapping, the car didn't know I was moving from my position, but DID know when I was turning - very weird. I think each restart it knew where I was and when the signal was lost, it used the speed signal and internal gyro to give good mapping - which the tomtoms can't do, of course

I think that is exactly what is happening to mine, so this means i have to connect it, but i have a problem i don`t have the connector, does Toyota sells it separatly? Does anyone knows the part number ? And how do i know what wire of the speedo to connect to the wire of the connector????? since the installation manual that i have is from the 4.3 manual and i suppose that the wire it is not in the same position on the 4.2 ????

Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links