Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

130% ?

theone

A new one for you guys.. after successfully clearing the BEEP of the seatbelt warning i thought i'd have a fiddle with the clocks etc..

Upon guessing.. i found that... if you set mileometer to ODO, turn off engine, hold MENU button and turn ignition on.... you get 100% appear on the display? Fiddling about it goes as far down as 70% and high as 130%.. So me being ever so curious, set it to 130%... anyone know what this does?

Only thing i've noticed is the shift light coming on later... might be silly to say if it improves performance...

have a ponder..lol

A new one for you guys.. after successfully clearing the BEEP of the seatbelt warning i thought i'd have a fiddle with the clocks etc..

Upon guessing.. i found that... if you set mileometer to ODO, turn off engine, hold MENU button and turn ignition on.... you get 100% appear on the display? Fiddling about it goes as far down as 70% and high as 130%.. So me being ever so curious, set it to 130%... anyone know what this does?

Only thing i've noticed is the shift light coming on later... might be silly to say if it improves performance...

have a ponder..lol

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the countless do-gooders who frequent car forums, please let us know how you disabled the seatbelt warning beep!

Yes I know, blah, blah, blah, but I often drive around on sites where I am continually stop starting and disabling the beep would be ace!!

Andy

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the countless do-gooders who frequent car forums, please let us know how you disabled the seatbelt warning beep!

Yes I know, blah, blah, blah, but I often drive around on sites where I am continually stop starting and disabling the beep would be ace!!

Andy

You can get cards which are inserted into the seatbelt clip fooling it into thinking that the seatbelt is on!

:thumbsup:

...if you set mileometer to ODO, turn off engine, hold MENU button and turn ignition on.... you get 100% appear on the display? Fiddling about it goes as far down as 70% and high as 130%.. So me being ever so curious, set it to 130%... anyone know what this does?

have a ponder..lol

So, anyone got any idea about this?

Maybe it's a way of calibrating the outside temperature sensor should it be reading too high or low.

have a ponder..lol

Andy

If just driving round on sites - plug in the passenger belt into the drivers side, the beeping will stop plus it saves messing around turnign the beep off :)

Mart.

Maybe it's a way of calibrating the outside temperature sensor should it be reading too high or low.

i doubt it.

Mart.

• 4 weeks later...
headlight sensitivity apparently :D

Do you mean the roof lights?

If yes - How can the Auris measure the sensitivity of the roof lights? humm...

No, he means headlights.

The ones in front of the car, that lights up the road ahead of you.

Ok, my bad.

That's a good setting though, I might give it a try...

It is the sensitivity of the on board fuel calculator (mpg), set at 130 % it will show far less mpg . Best to leave it at 100%. It goes down to 70% but this will show too high a figure .

It is the sensitivity of the on board fuel calculator (mpg), set at 130 % it will show far less mpg . Best to leave it at 100%. It goes down to 70% but this will show too high a figure .

Are you sure about that?

Where did you learn that brother? Are you sure?

Info came from a toyota technician i know ( he fitted my steinbauer chip for me ). I get 25mpg with setting at 130% and 35.7mpg at 100% . My car is actually doing 34mpg when i check it after a full tank and refill . Its the same technician who did the extra power ignition trick on my corolla compressor i had previously .

Info came from a toyota technician i know ( he fitted my steinbauer chip for me ). I get 25mpg with setting at 130% and 35.7mpg at 100% . My car is actually doing 34mpg when i check it after a full tank and refill . Its the same technician who did the extra power ignition trick on my corolla compressor i had previously .

Sounds suspiciously like a calibration tweak for the MPG calculation as you didn't really say if it gave you more or less power. Did you find that you still got 34mpg tank to tank and it was just the mpg meter that changed.

Well if it is this it's a weird thing to include in a hidden menu why they just don't give us the 100% and that's it. Still I made some calculations based on this info.

So 100% should give us an estimation of the number of kms that could be made with 55 liters. I'm guessing the computer does this based on the average km/h or the last average of the last 100 km or something like that or simple uses a default value with a mix of city, road and highway run.

For the remaining 2 values we have a 30% shift up and down. My Auris has (normally) around 10-12 liters of fuel inside once the warning comes up. So making this calculations gives around 20-25% of fuel still available. It's a close value but does it mean really this? If so I think if we set it to 80 or 85% we should get an even more accurate onboard computer because lets face it that thing gives really weird estimations sometimes

can't seem to get to this menu, my Auris is the SR180 with keyless entry and pushbutton start.

I have tried holding down the menu key, and the other one for that matter, and all I get up is the VSC OK like normal.

Graham

My mpg never changes just the display mpg goes up or doen depending on the % setting . You can only get into the menu by first putting the trip to the time and temperature setting , then turnining off . Turn back on with the button depressed and kepp pressing for approx 40 secs then the 100% appears.

i think its to do with the auto lights sensitivity. since putting mine up they do seem to come on sooner.

The mpg obc is what it is for. Just try it once and you will see. It has nothing to do with the lights. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links