Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Waxes And Polishes

jibbbbbb

hi all , i have just run out of p21 contour wax which i thought was excellent . but now i want to try somethink different , i want a wax or a polish that leaves no white residue on rubber ext ext . i all way use Meguiars gold class car wash shampoo and conditioner to wash the car, has any one found a wax or polish which is easy to apply and leave no white residue. i would like a very high shine and the car is silver , not that fussed about the price of the product as long as it gets the best possible results .

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hoovie

• anchorman

• jibbbbbb

• dave.m

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking of trying that new one thats been advertised on tv. Is it diamond wax ? not sure of the name

but you use it on all the trim as well so any plastic / rubber should just be left shining :thumbsup:

think is is Turtle Wax Diamond Ice?

that is the most recent product I recall seeing on an ad and think it talked about doing everything - sounded quite tempting....

i have allready tryed Turtle Wax Diamond Ice , not bad but p21 contour wax left it for dead . the difference was unbelaveable p21 gave it a wet look , so it looks like i might be ordering another tub of p21 , unless someone can better it .

Hi, I use the Meguiars gold wax after every wash, little/no residue. and I think it does all that you've asked in just a few minutes. I suspect you've tried it as you already use the shampoo, if not hope this helps. Mike

Hi, I use the Meguiars gold wax after every wash, little/no residue. and I think it does all that you've asked in just a few minutes. I suspect you've tried it as you already use the shampoo, if not hope this helps. Mike

thanks mike i will have a look at that tomoz :D

i have allready tryed Turtle Wax Diamond Ice , not bad but p21 contour wax left it for dead . the difference was unbelaveable p21 gave it a wet look , so it looks like i might be ordering another tub of p21 , unless someone can better it .
I have also used diamond ice, it does what it says, you can literally use it on your window rubbers side protectors+ everywhere else, no its not the best shine, but lets be honest how many times have you spent hours valeting your car, come out the next morning and its covered in dust, or you drive 20mls

up the road and get stuck behind a tipper, dropping stones and sand all over the road, Use diamond ice most of the time + next time we get a few days decent weather give it a treat with mguiyers or P21 or whatever floats your boat, :thumbsup:

I use after a wash (or wax) Meguairs "Ultimate Detailer" and it makes the surface almost allergic for water. For weeks!

Search on youtube for Meguiars ultimate detailer and see it yourself.

For maintaining plastics and rubbers: Clean, degrease and dry it before put something on it.

Anyone used those clays that seem to be popular in the US?

Umm.... :unsure:

A step too far for me! Especially were I work, I'd end up doing it every other week! :lol::lol::lol:

For those interested:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

interesting video :yes: I need to go to Halfords to return some goods - I may have a browse around at the clays :)

I need to treat my RAV4 better - I actually didn't wash it for over a year shortly after I bought it as other house-DIY stuff took over and need to make amends :group-cuddles:

All of those videos are on the Meguires website (USA) and if you can tolerate old Meggy himself they are quite interesting.

after reading lots and lots of reviews and forums i am going for Meguiar's® Gold Class™ Liquid Wax , has any one else used this . there is a liquid or a paste , so for a change i will go for liquid . would still like to hear if anyone else has used this or have tryed it . thanks for all you replys and advice ..

will put the pics up on here , if it ever stops raining so i can get out there and try it .

after reading lots and lots of reviews and forums i am going for Meguiar's® Gold Class™ Liquid Wax , has any one else used this . there is a liquid or a paste , so for a change i will go for liquid . would still like to hear if anyone else has used this or have tryed it . thanks for all you replys and advice ..

will put the pics up on here , if it ever stops raining so i can get out there and try it .

There's a few pics of my RAV in the Photo topic one... just to give you an idea of what to get on the end result....HERE once you've done yours place some shots up... we all like a cyber tyre kick....

I'm a sucker for a good video, and just bought that Meguiar's clay stuff as per the one Fujisan posted.

Before I went out, I tried the finger test and I could hear the noise :eek: but then looked at finger and it was black :crybaby: I guess you are meant to do this test after you have washed the car and not when you have left it for 2 or so weeks :P

Yes thets what I use, the Liquid Wax, I've just finished it again, after washing dry the car then, I apply to two panels then polish off one panel with a clean polish mit, applt to a third then polish off the second etc. Once I've polished the whole car turn the mit over to the unused side and a quick buff allover. 30 minutes tops. It comes with an applicator pad so just buy a polishing mit. I find it washes easier and tar and bugs don't stick as much as before. mines a slilver rav and i'm pleased with the shine. If your after proper info on polishing visit www.polishedbliss.co.uk they show you that even new cars have poor paintwork. their work is fantastic Mike

Does anyone use the power buffers/polishers for their cars? I would like to get a nicer finish then I do, but find after the washing and drying etc, the polishing takes its toll (ok, I'm a lazy bugger!).

I saw this end of last year and did toy with the idea of getting it as I already have batteries and chargers to suit ...

image1.jpg

click on the pic for more info

I dont think you can go far wrong with Autoglym.....

I do both our cars every few months with a couple of coats of AG SRP and then finish off with AG Exrtra gloss Protection, although I do use a PC...

Mortscar013.jpg

VX220015.jpg

This has just been done with Meguires;

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

And as shcm quite rightly puts it you can also achieve some amazingly unexpected results. This is me having a brew after using autoglym;

IMG_1384.jpg

...........and this is after using Meguires;

IMG_1385-1.jpg

Does anyone use the power buffers/polishers for their cars? I would like to get a nicer finish then I do, but find after the washing and drying etc, the polishing takes its toll (ok, I'm a lazy bugger!).

I saw this end of last year and did toy with the idea of getting it as I already have batteries and chargers to suit ...

image1.jpg

click on the pic for more info

Be careful it is quite easy to burn the paint with one of those. They do a great job....when used properly :thumbsup:

anchorman , first off what a finish on the paint work , looks amazing , i brought Meguires gold wax a day or two ago but aint got a chance to use it yet because of the rain . is it ok to get it on black trim , or do you get a white Resadue, just thought i would ask as it will save me an hour or two after trying to clean black trim .

...........and this is after using Meguires;

IMG_1385-1.jpg

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: P M S L

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links