Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Booked Car In To Get Piggy Back

Ckman85

Well after telling u lot about Redline Tuning, i booked my car in to get the Piggy Back ECU and mapped on tuesday. CANT WAIT but also VERY NERVOUS with the outcome. Rich at Redline re-assured me the car will hav gain and will improve fuel consumption and the car will hav no problem.

Will get back to u lot wen its done and will show u the results from dyno Print out.

O yeh did some1 from here called Keith or Kevin Email him? bcos he told me that some1 with a Tsport emailed him recgarding about the Piggy Back.

O yeh he uses Dastek or isit Dastec? Piggy backs

Get back to u lot wen its Done and Hopefully if its a success more ppl from the forum will get it done by him and we will b able to beat Type R's (On the Track obviously) LOL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ckman85

• Norfolk n Chance

• nrgizerbunny

• farhanali89

this will be very interesting, make sure u do a before and after dyno, or is that already the plan ?

where is this redline company based ?

Ive already got a Dyno already and my car is producing 194.3 bhp, thats with a Typhoon kit and full custom exhaust. If its a success i hope their will b a group buy, he did mension if i brought some1 else he wud charge both of us each for £550, where as now hes gna charge me £650, but if this is a success and u all decide to go, giv me a mension and ill get a nice discount next time i see him AHAHAHAHAHA

Ahhh my bad I must have missed the dyno result, strange how u got 194bhp with typhoon and exhaust and gem got 201bhp with same mods, Spose all cars will be slightly different.

When is it booked in for ? I'm looking forward to hearing more :)

Not that i want to worry you at all, but there was a guy Poland who had his CTS re-mapped to 205bhp last year and i emailed him at the time to ask about it....

Hi,

I did it in TTC.pl, but I do not recommend this remap. Burnt sparkplugs and very high EGT. Reverted to stock after 20k kms. Fortunately no damage to the engine.

Marcin

Hopefully this chip won't create the same problems!

:thumbsup:

I went to get the Dastek fitted to my first CTS a couple of years back but having wired it in they couldn't get the lift to engage so I ended up scrappign the idea of having it fitted! He couldn't figure it out but being the first facelift CTS he had installed it on he seemed to think something in the ECU was blocking the install :(

Not that i want to worry you at all, but there was a guy Poland who had his CTS re-mapped to 205bhp last year and i emailed him at the time to ask about it....
Hi,

I did it in TTC.pl, but I do not recommend this remap. Burnt sparkplugs and very high EGT. Reverted to stock after 20k kms. Fortunately no damage to the engine.

Marcin

Hopefully this chip won't create the same problems!

I'm sure you could do something about the plugs like using a higher temp rated plug, but not sure what damge the high EGT would do??? :unsure:

the Dastek chips are chronicly BAD NEWS, everyone who i know who has had one fitted has either ended in engine failure/damage or the mappers 'couldn't map the car'. the units are unstable and cheap POS's.

personally i'd say get an OBDII re-map and see what gains can be had but i doubt it would be much, not without serious engine danger.

one plus is if you do go for the Dastek chip it's easily removed! lol

Well after telling u lot about Redline Tuning, i booked my car in to get the Piggy Back ECU and mapped on tuesday. CANT WAIT but also VERY NERVOUS with the outcome. Rich at Redline re-assured me the car will hav gain and will improve fuel consumption and the car will hav no problem.

Will get back to u lot wen its done and will show u the results from dyno Print out.

O yeh did some1 from here called Keith or Kevin Email him? bcos he told me that some1 with a Tsport emailed him recgarding about the Piggy Back.

Get back to u lot wen its Done and Hopefully if its a success more ppl from the forum will get it done by him and we will b able to beat Type R's (On the Track obviously) LOL

do some research into what piggy back ECU's have been used on the 2zz - other peeps have already beeen guinea pigs. Dastek wasnt one recommended i'm sure - i will look for the link and send it on to you.

Yeh itll b gr8 if u cud find wot piggy back ecu wud work on our car. I guess if the worse comes to worse ill just hav it removed. I was thinking of getting some Piper cams aswell.

Fingers crossed the map will go successfully :unsure:

Hi, Yeah i emailed him Friday. I would love to know how it goes because im seriously considering it. please keep us posted and good luck for tomorrow

thats sounds kool if its possible!

i think you can remap the type r engine to rev even higher to like 8.5 or 9k rpm so if that can be done in the cts aswell im in!

BUMP!

Good luck for today mate!

Fingers crossed that it works!

I wouldn't mind if the max power doesn't increase but you get more power low down.

I'm intrigued as to what the results will be like!

FREE BUMP!

So either it's a huge success which means he's out playing or it was the complete opposite and his engine went bang! :lol:

C'mon! Don't keep us in suspense!! :Jumpy:

Ive just got my car back and the car is producing 204.3bhp now. I know a lot of u r thinking not that much gain but not so much high end BUT mid range is DEF a lot more responsive now.

Will post Dyno print out and video lata. REALLY TIRED NOW, not use to waking up at 8 in the morning now AHAHAHAHAH

That's still a 10bhp increase ;)

I take it they smoothed out the Torque curve?

And get that Dyno print up now!!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links