Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaky T Bar Roof

zuluae92

hi just bought my mk2 mr2 and it has the usual leaky roof. was wondering if any 1 new were i could get hold of a drivers side roof and window seal or if some 1 has 1 that they didn't use for wot ever reason. had a quick hunt on the net but couldn't find any. also does any1 do a cheaper pattern part as heard gen toyota is quite pricy. any help app cheers guys.

hi just bought my mk2 mr2 and it has the usual leaky roof. was wondering if any 1 new were i could get hold of a drivers side roof and window seal or if some 1 has 1 that they didn't use for wot ever reason. had a quick hunt on the net but couldn't find any. also does any1 do a cheaper pattern part as heard gen toyota is quite pricy. any help app cheers guys.

hi mate im new to the whole toyota thing to. my mate at work told me about the roof thing due to himself having one and i tryed it and it worked brilliant. basically take the roof off, to your left and right on both sides there are pin drain holes, simply get some sealer and do a fine l shaped line near either one on both sides then put vaseline on the roof where it will end up touching the sealant, simply do that then shut the roof and leave it as long as poss to set, it wont leak again. andy :)

best thing to do first is to goto Halfords and get a spray can of rubber rejuvenator, this will "plump" the rubber up, condition it and make a better seal... keep doing this on a regular basis and you will have no leaks :)

has its been said, DO NOT use vaseline.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links