Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Welcome To The Us Of A

Robert6920

Greetings from Boston, where the weather's sunny, the meetings are over and it's time to explore.

Went to a local Toyota dealer today and, sad to say, it wasn't a wonderful, exhilarating and memorable experience. The dealer was on Brighton Avenue, a few stops on the "T" from where I'm staying. It was like visiting an office with a few cars parked in it. It was nothing like I'd expected. No brochures, no particular interest, no sales pitch. The accessory shop was, well, dire. The only thing I fancied, a brass number plate surround with Rav4 cut into it, wouldn't have fitted.

So I went for a surf ("Hey, we don't do brochures, it's all on the web at toyota.com, buddy") and found the following

Warning - those of a nervous disposition, or those who appreciate value for money in their car purchases, should get the kleenex box ready (Bothy, make that a wee dram, for you)

The 4Runner - the "UrbanRunner" starts at $28,640 and looks like this

Urbanrunner09.jpg

and it has one of these (Hoovie, this is for you as I couldn't find a Home Depot)

UrbanRunner09TomTom.jpg

The FJ Cruiser (the what?) - starts at $23,320and looks like this (when it's clean)

FJCruiser.jpg

and this when it's not

FJCruiser_1.jpg

The Highlander (I liked this - can I have one, please) - $27,500

2008_highlander_sport_1.jpg

and, of course, :wub: the Rav4 (a slightly bigger cousin to ours) starts at - brace yourselves - $21,500 (£11,650) :crybaby:

Rav4_1.jpg

and again, with feeling..

Rav4sport.jpg

and (Hoovie alert) it has one of these, an integrated rear view mirror and rear camera display :thumbsup:

Rav4integratedmirror.jpg

And no, sorry, I can't bring one back.....

Nice Pics, Robert.

I read about some other car having an integrated dock for a Sat Nav - excellent idea (I think that is what that one is?). Sounds like you are having fun out there :thumbsup:

The prices are very depressing, aren't they :crybaby:

Yes, and petrol is $3.59 a (US) Gallon = 51 pence/litre (and that a big deal!) :help:

BTW, Robert, I won't be asking you to sneak any of thsoe goodies back......

You were a very wise man when you said you didn't think I had finished pimping :yes:

say no more :blush:

If you can't arrange to bring one back, the least you could do is send a container of them over.....

When your over there check out the price of a carbon fibre bonnet fur Hoovie. :P

Hope you're having a great time :thumbsup:

How's the weather?

Hope you've found time to visit Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox's. :jockey:

How's the weather?

Hope you've found time to visit Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox's. :jockey:

Robert if you see a carbon quartz, (short wheel base) with"fender flares" and you have a screw driver handy... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

the TOM TOM fitted in dash brilliant idea..Have a nice day! Rob :thumbsup:

Yes, and petrol is $3.59 a (US) Gallon = 51 pence/litre (and that a big deal!) :help:

When I was in the States in July this year they were still moaning about the price. So I set them straight on a few things!

It's the tax (for us)... Apparently fuel has doubled in price in the last 18 months over there so at 51p a litre they're really feeling the pinch!

Jammy devil!

I will be going again next June so I can have a shop around.

Have a good time!!!

Hope you didnt get there via XL Robert :lol: With your connections I'm sure you did it Willy Walsh style...First Class :yes:

Have a great trip

Kingo :thumbsup:

How's the weather?

Robert if you see a carbon quartz, (short wheel base) with"fender flares" and you have a screw driver handy... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

the TOM TOM fitted in dash brilliant idea..Have a nice day! Rob :thumbsup:

They do this TomTom retro fit in the Yaris. Good idea... Don't think any other UK spec Toyota has this option.....

Also the cost you pay for the vehicles in the US of A means you drive away the same day..not some weeks after and wait for them to change plates over etc like here....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links