Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bigger Tyres

shutty

Has anyone tried fitting 235/70/16 tyres instead of 235/60/16 for a bit more lift

Did they fit ok as these are a standard size for Land Rover and a lot more common & a standard size for BF Goodrich

After a trip of Rudland Rigg (North Yorks Moors) this weekend I need a bit more height

Thanks

Has anyone tried fitting 235/70/16 tyres instead of 235/60/16 for a bit more lift

Did they fit ok as these are a standard size for Land Rover and a lot more common & a standard size for BF Goodrich

After a trip of Rudland Rigg (North Yorks Moors) this weekend I need a bit more height

Thanks

Would having a higher tire not affect the speedo reading?

dunno, but I reckon they would fit.

have you seen the guy with a lift kit on RAV4World? raised about 2" and looks really mean :yes:

thought the original size was 215/70x16

I have seen the 235/70 x 16 and its ok depending on the wheel offset.

Think if you upsize, there might be a slight chance of the tyre scuffing the wheelarch internals on full lock.

Shutty

According to this handy little site, the increase in tyre diameter is going to be around 5cm so you're going to get a one inch lift overall, but your speedo will underread by 6.8% (which is quite a lot and is, I think, illegal)

It over reads at present beacuse Toyota used the same speedo for two different tyre sizes and hence why there was a problem with the MPG reading that the new software rectified on replacement sets

All Ravs with wheelarches on have the 235/60/16 and mine reads 65 when actually doing 58 so it would be more accurate

My other concern is a BF Goodrich AT comes with about 13mm of tread which is another 5mm more than normal to cope with

It over reads at present beacuse Toyota used the same speedo for two different tyre sizes and hence why there was a problem with the MPG reading that the new software rectified on replacement sets

All Ravs with wheelarches on have the 235/60/16 and mine reads 65 when actually doing 58 so it would be more accurate

My other concern is a BF Goodrich AT comes with about 13mm of tread which is another 5mm more than normal to cope with

Not sure about any correction of the MPG reading! My RAV is 2005 and the MPG results are always out on the radio display

I looked at the tyre side calc and came to the same conclusion that the larger tyres would have a aside benefit of having the speedo work closer to accuracy, BUT the odometer WOULD be 7% odd out though and undercounting (they tend to be much more accurate for some reason :g: ) which may cause a legal issue potentially?

13mm tread pattern? very blocky by the sound of it? Wouldn't fancy that on the roads at high speed personally - lots of lateral motion round corners

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links