Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Displaying Actual Mph On Colour Satnav Tns700 Gyro

2912pwil

In case anyone else is desperate to calibrate their speedo... I've just found where you can display actually, GPS measured (i.e. correct, most of the time) , speed in mph on my TNS700 colour sat/nav on't 2008 TR..

Diagnosis menu - (Press & hold INFO then switch sidelights on/off three times..)

- select MENU

- select NAVIGATION CHECK

- select VEHICLE SENSORS

- loads of stuff including speed in mph, km/h and what the GYRO is doing (e.g. relative angle..). I'd always wondered how the SatNav knew where you were when the GPS wasn't registering (starting off or in tunnels...) I'd assumed some rudimentary compass (she knows the speed from the speedo..) but it appears there is a Gyro in there somewhere...

Now I know the %high the speedo reads.. (about 7%)..

You can also get km/h displayed by

- MENU

- DISPLAY CHECK

- VEHICLE SIGNAL

Yours ever... must get-a-life

In case anyone else is desperate to calibrate their speedo... I've just found where you can display actually, GPS measured (i.e. correct, most of the time) , speed in mph on my TNS700 colour sat/nav on't 2008 TR..

Diagnosis menu - (Press & hold INFO then switch sidelights on/off three times..)

- select MENU

- select NAVIGATION CHECK

- select VEHICLE SENSORS

- loads of stuff including speed in mph, km/h and what the GYRO is doing (e.g. relative angle..). I'd always wondered how the SatNav knew where you were when the GPS wasn't registering (starting off or in tunnels...) I'd assumed some rudimentary compass (she knows the speed from the speedo..) but it appears there is a Gyro in there somewhere...

Now I know the %high the speedo reads.. (about 7%)..

You can also get km/h displayed by

- MENU

- DISPLAY CHECK

- VEHICLE SIGNAL

Yours ever... must get-a-life

:) thats interesting ....will give it a try later- thanks will have to search to see if theres any more like that

• 1 year later...

Bump

From what I have read, what you read there is the car sensors and NOT the GPS. That is how the TNS700 knows what the speed you are going when you do not have GPS reception, and calculates your position. This is not the same as a separate unit that get the speed info from the sat-nav.

Still useful...

TwoT

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links