Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Silverstone Performance Corolla E12 Upgrades

supra25

Hey,

Has anybody in here had done, or know who any who has, the intercooler upgrade to the Compressor TS that Silverstone Performance offers?

I'm considering it, and would like to know what exactly they do and what the effect was like after (minor, noticeable or major)

Odd (as in my name...not the word ;) )

What an Odd name ;) ..... sorry, couldn't help it! :lol:

Think people have looked but don't know of anybody getting it done.

Only info is from their website

The SP-Compressor uses the Toyota Motorsport supercharger from the limited edition Corolla T-Sport Compressor, but with an intercooler and a host of induction, fueling, ignition and exhaust modifications. The SP tuning programme has eliminated the peaky normally aspirated characteristics, replacing them with a broad, flat torque plateau and a more conventional power curve that soars to over 8,000rpm. Midrange torque is DOUBLED for impressive overtaking ability - and slingshot thrust out of corners!

Toyota 1.8 litre VVTL-i 2ZZ. Intercooled supercharger. 230bhp; 190lb-ft.

Standard Toyota Corolla T-Sport 189bhp; 133lb-ft

supra i would get it done as you have a compressor all that would be needed for you to gain that power is a intercooler and them tweeking it. There description says they use the original tte supercharger which is on the compressors, they intercool it and map.

Im guessing the costs for that whole package will be alot, but seeing as you o nly need the intercooler and the tune up it will considerably cut the price by more than half. Remember the supercharger is worth nearly 1800-2000 ...you already have that plus the costs on labour they would charge to fit that charger.

You would only need to get a intercooler installed from them and get a tune up. Would be worth it IMO...for those figures.

As far as i am aware no one on the forum has had this done to there car most of the compressors on the forum are standard aparts from a few.

They used to state on their website that a conversion to the standard CTS cost around £4k and the CTS-C around £2k ;)

Thats a bit pricey....does that include fitting. I sure hope it does. If the tte compressor came down to around £1000 i would buy it on the credit card lol. But i think 1800 for it and then labour would bump the price to much. Not worth it id rather keep it NA.

The Blitz supercharger system is just short of £4k too, but that gives 300bhp :drool:

When i win the lottery...... :lol:

I have their pricelist... :)

For a standard TS the supercharger + FMIC upgrade is around 4300-4400 (give or take a hundred) at SP.

Just the FMIC upgrade is £2199 , labour, material and VAT included.

In norwegian terms that is NOT a bad price, but I guess you guys are used to different rates. Mind you...I paid roughly £16000 for my '03 TS in April this year and that was CHEAP... :o (just to give you an idea of our price level).

I did the compressor installation myself (and a buddy) earlier this fall after having bought the TTE kit from Prolex.

A SP FMIC upgrade along with a LSD and new clutch would be awesome. Pricy, but awesome. LSD is a bit too much at the moment, but I'm seriously considering taking the car over to England in the spring and have the FMIC upgrade and possibly clutch done. Just need to make up my mind, really, and decide what to get. Next years wishlist totals about £6-8K in upgrades, and that's a bit much for my wallet to handle I think. Gotta try to narrow the gap to ponzer, though... :rolleyes:

I did consider the Blitz late this summer, but I went for the TTE due to the lower price and the fact that I do not want to tweak the engine TOO much as it's my everyday car.

Tell me about it, i'm seriously tempted by the Blitz kit but i'd need a few years to save up for it first! :lol:

Booked my compressor in to be modded at silverstone racing at the end of jan

Hoover :thumbsup:

I hate you.......... :lol:

Be good to see the results tho, are you gonna have a before and after dyno?

Dude..that' awesome! Are you just doing the FMIC upgrade, or is there more on the board?!

I won't be able to go over that soon anyways, so it will be good to get a reference on the job (pictures!!) and be sure to let us know how it all works out (this thread is good if you like) !! :)

Dude..that' awesome! Are you just doing the FMIC upgrade, or is there more on the board?!

I won't be able to go over that soon anyways, so it will be good to get a reference on the job (pictures!!) and be sure to let us know how it all works out (this thread is good if you like) !! :)

spoke to Matt at silverstone performaance paid my deposit.I will keep you all updated

hoover :thumbsup:

Went to SP on friday to get some bracing and suspension work done and also enquired. Matt showed me the bits (although the intercooler would be different in my application) and some dyno graphs and I was really impressed. The boost is also upped with the smaller pulley. I reckon you might get more than the official figure on the website though. Chatting to Matt, he really played it down. The 230bhp one was based on a 2zz getting around 160bhp NA. He replaced the injectors and plugs and it hit 170ish (short of the 190) and then after adding the TTE it only hit 184, which is about right for a TTE kit (+15bhp). This same car then hit 230 after the SP package, so its a 46bhp increase!!!! He said most compressors dont get near 215, but if it did, I reckon you'd be laughing! The reason he quoted 230 was because he didnt want to disappoint, which is fair enough!

I'm getting the exhaust in Jan fingers crossed, which is a +10bhp bolt on (+15 for decat), then going from there :D

Great info! Thanks!! BHP numbers are like stereowatts...you can pretty much get whatever you want depending on how you go about it. The point is of course that the upgrade will induce a felt change in performance :)

I'm still not getting any feedback from SP via mail. Kinda makes me wonder if they don't take my inquiry seriously cuz I live in Norway. Gonna have to call him up, I think...

Well, I caught up to Matt at SP today on the phone. He's been quite busy lately and apologized for not having replied to my mail. Forgive! :)

Spent about half hour on the phone with the guy, and he loaded me with info on the intercooler upgrade!!! He could probably have kept it going another half hour, but I had to go and was MORE than pleased with the info he had provided in return for my questions. :D

Thought I'd share some info about the mod:

SP replaces SC pulley (with a smaller one), puts on a hybrid induction kit, a piggy back to the compressor ECU and obviously the IC with pipework. It all get's dyno'd before and after and of course mapped correctly. The smaller pulley is put on to increase the boost. On the upside this gives roughly 2psi more boost than original compressor across the line. Downside being that the clutch engaged pulley is taken off and you are left with a constantly engaged compressor, which in turn (along with some other factors of course) does increase the fuel consumption during easy driving. It's still only boosting a comparatively gentle 9-10 psi.

An interesting fact in regards to that was that the majority of the performance increase did not come from putting more fuel in the system, put from the remap of the ignition/spark. He reckon'd that consumption is not that much more when flooring it after the upgrade as opposed to a standard compressor, though they hadn't collected any data on the subject.

The process takes 4-5 days, at least that is how long he preferred to have the car. They apparently team up with another company for the mapping part, and the pipeworks is, for the time being, custom made.

I asked about the need for a clutch upgrade, but according to SP the standard CTS clutch should do just fine as long as it's not worn down too much. New Helix clutch installed is 600 quid.

It's absolutely a tempting project and something I will be spending a lot of time during the holidays thinking about. I am going over to England end of February, and it would be perfect to bring the Rolla along on a trailer. Hoover will be done with his upgrade by then and can provide invaluable info on the performance and process.

On a side note; has anybody put a boostmeter on their compressor? If I go IC I think I would like to monitor the boost output, and at the same time set up gauges for oil temp (which is desperately lacking on the TS) and possibly shiftlight (C-One has some awesome ones).

supra25 we can meet up once I have this done

Hoover :thumbsup:

Sure..you comin' over to Norway or should I fly to England... :blink::rolleyes:

SP replaces SC pulley (with a smaller one), puts on a hybrid induction kit, a piggy back to the compressor ECU and obviously the IC with pipework. It all get's dyno'd before and after and of course mapped correctly. The smaller pulley is put on to increase the boost. On the upside this gives roughly 2psi more boost than original compressor across the line. Downside being that the clutch engaged pulley is taken off and you are left with a constantly engaged compressor, which in turn (along with some other factors of course) does increase the fuel consumption during easy driving. It's still only boosting a comparatively gentle 9-10 psi.

I wouldnt worry too much about fuel consumption. You'd be surprised how much its constantly boosting anyway. I can hear the 'click' of it as it engages, and unless you drive in 6th at 30mph with just the weight of your shoe on the throttle, then its boosting. 2psi doesnt sound like much but considering after the boost peak at 5500rpm decreases to only 5.5psi at the top end, so 2psi extra is almost 50% more!

An interesting fact in regards to that was that the majority of the performance increase did not come from putting more fuel in the system, put from the remap of the ignition/spark. He reckon'd that consumption is not that much more when flooring it after the upgrade as opposed to a standard compressor, though they hadn't collected any data on the subject.

You would not believe how much timing is pulled from a stock 2zz basemap on a compressor due to knock issues. The intercooler (when mapped for it) allows much greater advance due to the cooler charge air, and its here you get the power. Also the ECU is not dumping as much fuel to stop detonation.

Hoover: Nice one for going for it! Dont forget to let us all know how you get on :drool:

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links