Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Installed A New Rear Bumper Protector...

junebug1701

I wanted something to cover the top of the rear bumper to protect against scratches and scuffs when loading and unloading cargo. All my local Toyota dealer could order was a thin clear plastic applique which didn't look as if it would do much good. On eBay I found a Toyota dealer in Florida that sells a nice black plastic cover that protects the top of the bumper and wraps over the edge a bit. Apparently it's only available through the Southeast Toyota distributor. I ordered it on Wednesday and got it here in Louisiana on Friday. Total with shipping was $71.99. I don't know if they ship to the UK, but it couldn't hurt to ask. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=360111671477

Installed it on my 2008 Limited this morning and it looks pretty good. Took about 30 minutes:

Before:

before.jpg

After:

after.jpg

after2.jpg

Nice job :thumbsup: thats the one I want for mine. If my plastic hasn't melted completely by christmas, I might enquire

about getting one shipped from the States.

Yes but will it fit Dave? as the rav shown has a spare on the back + you can get those here but not as nice as the one shown in the pic looks easy to trim down though.. :thumbsup:

Was actually thinking about trimming Stew, or wait till they are available with the 2009 models with the naked rear door :thumbsup:

The ad says "Genuine Toyota part". Must be possible to get it in Europe, somehow? (Ad says he ships to US only)

I wouldn't mind one of those, I think my dog will make quite some indents in the future.

James, when it was shipped, was it long and flat, or was it a small roll that you had to flatten out?

The ad says "Genuine Toyota part". Must be possible to get it in Europe, somehow? (Ad says he ships to US only)

I wouldn't mind one of those, I think my dog will make quite some indents in the future.

James, when it was shipped, was it long and flat, or was it a small roll that you had to flatten out?

It was in a flat box about 4 and a half feet long. The protector is fairly rigid plastic, not rubber that you could roll up. There is another dealer in Florida that sells them on eBay, but they charge a little more:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=330294797511

I'll try to provide some more pictures.

OK, I uploaded more pictures to the RAV4 gallery.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links