Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slapa-cam

GIDDLEPIN

On our trip to Corfu last year I would have liked to video some of the driving experiences of our convoy, as we didn't fancy taking a bulky camera along with any necessary mountings we were limited to using the video facility on ordinary cameras which wasn't very successful.

So......................Anne got me one of THESE for Christmas, not the most expensive or best picture quality, but more than adequate for what I want and as it's water resistant up to 10 feet, mounting outside the car wouldn't be a worry if it rains.

Thinking of where to mount it came next. The kit came with various straps that enable it to be mounted on various positions inside the car,I used one of these round the holes in my Recaro seats and it worked fine for the usual forwards/rearwards shots from inside but wind noise was still a problem with the roof down and viewing through the windscreen is ok if you don't want to see much outside.

After some divine inspiration (and a bottle of red) :rolleyes::lol: I thought about a couple of unused orifices with a rarely (if ever) used piece of metal and came up with this

mount.jpg not pretty but functional and I must admit I'm quite pleased with the results ;)

When fitted to the rear rear.jpg

You get very little wind noise, audible exhaust note and a good view CLIP OF REAR VIEW

Fitted to the front front.jpg

it gives an excellent uninterrupted view, obviously there is significant wind noise but this can be substituted for music tracks when editing. CLIP OF FRONT VIEW

All I can say now is "Roll on Lefkada" :yahoo: I'm all ready for the tunnel action as well as the sunning views on the drive from Italy towards the alps, with a 2 hour record time and downloading onto our laptop I'm sure we can bore everyone even more when we get back. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links