Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poorly Rav

sywy

Here's my tale of woe ...

On my way into work today, the check engine light came on, and I lost pretty much all power, with the car going into limp home mode. Carried on into work (Derby) and left it parked from about 11:30 to 3pm. I had hoped it was a computer glitch, and that it would clear itself up, but no, the warnings (it cycles thru - check engine, check VSC, check 4x4) were still there. So, decided to take it into Inchcape Toyota for them to have a look. Got there at approx 3:40pm, and they wouldn't look at it :( They said all technicians were tied up, and they finished at 4pm anyway. Asked them if I coud drive it the 20 odd mile back home, and they said it was OK. So drove it thru Derby city centre, and then onto the A38 at between 40-55MPH :o Got to Inchcape Burton, who initially said they couldn't look at it until Monday. I told them it was in limp home mode, and they said they's get a technician to look at it straight away, but propbably could not do anything about it, at that time. This was 4:30ish now. He came back 20 mins or so later, and said he thought it was the EGR valve sticking. They wanted to keep the RAV overnight, and would try to clean the valve tomorrow morning. If that didn't work, they will order new parts. Arranged a courtesy car. Receptionist apologised that the car had only just come in, and had not been valetted. Opened the door of the Yaris, and there was about 1" of mud on the floor!! Apologised again, and said they could not put me in a car in that state. Another 10-15 mins later, they manage to get another Yaris for me, and I drive home.

I'd just like to say what fabulous service I got from Inchcape Burton. I've no idea what time they usually finish on a Friday, but I didn't leave until 5:15'ish

I've criticised them before, over the RFT debacle, but this time, I really appreciated their help in trying to sort me out, late on a Friday afternoon. Thanks Inchcape Burton.

On top of everything else you could do without this and I am sorry to hear your troubles. It seems funny why the vehicle is telling you about transmission things and they have decided to go for the EGR. However, it is known T180 issue and maybe they have seen it before. You should be able to cancel the MIL by disconnecting the Battery (think about the implications of a tracking device if you have one or the cops will pounce on you!) or disconnecting the main fuse. This is academic now if the dealer has it but please keep us informed.

Well done Inchcape!

Thanks Anchorman, will see what they say.

Yes, today was my last day at work :( hence the rather slack start and finish times

Just got my car back. They replace the EGR sensor, and said all was OK now. I have to take their word for it, as I can't even get above 20mph in this weather anyway!! :D

Seriously, it does feel a lot better than it did Friday. And much better in the snow than thew 1.2 Yaris I had, who's brakes only seemed to have 2 positions. ON and OFF :eek:

So glad you hopefully have your car sorted Simon, and so sad about your job situation the number of people i have had in my cab who are about to be laid off is very frightening..Do you have any Irons in the fire so to speak? whatever, good luck with everything mate..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links