Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Nv Audio Upgrade

dubware

Hi guys - new to here and to the RAV4 as I just bought my first Toyota - 52 plate, RAV4 NV, 3 door in metallic navy blue.

I only got the car today and I'm loving it - but was amazed to find it had a cassette player!

Can anyone recommend a decent CD/MP3 player upgrade? Especially one that might keep the trip computer functionality and would be very easy to fut?

Many thank - Dub.

Hi and welcome to the club, afraid your options for keeping the trip computer and upgrading the stereo are slim.

You could watch e-bay for the CD player from the same model Rav you have. Other than that, you can buy a

double din adapter and fit any standard head unit, or buy a double din head unit but you will lose the trip computer.

Thanks Dave!

So, if i lose the trip computer - what would be an easy to fit option and would I need any adapaters/facias/ariels or anything else? is there a notable kit that would do the job easily but still retain decent audio quality??

If you go with the double din adapter (you can get these from halfrauds or online) then you can fit any standard head unit

you like. The world is your oyster :D If you go this route, and then decide you still want a display to show MPG etc some

members on here have bought a scangauge.This is a dash mounted device that I think plugs into the OBD plug if you have one.

If you dont fancy the adapter look try googling double din size head units, which some on here have also fitted. :thumbsup:

If you go with the double din adapter (you can get these from halfrauds or online) then you can fit any standard head unit

you like. The world is your oyster :D If you go this route, and then decide you still want a display to show MPG etc some

members on here have bought a scangauge.This is a dash mounted device that I think plugs into the OBD plug if you have one.

If you dont fancy the adapter look try googling double din size head units, which some on here have also fitted. :thumbsup:

It's fine - I can live without knowing that I'm getting 100Km for every 8.5L :D

I've still got my old OEM CD-player if it is of any interest.

I would still recommend you to either get the single din fascia and a decent but cheap CD/MP3 head unit or the OEM double din side panels (part 86221D) and a decent double din player like the Blaupunkt MP68 or the Pioneer FH-P80BT

Can I share my experience? I took out my OEM CD player from my 2003 model (still have it), fitted a single din Alpine with mp3.

Truth was I hardly ever listened to the radio after that as I couldn't be bothered putting the faceplate on/off for 10min journeys (or longer, as I got used to it).

With the new one, I'm (still) looking at the fancy Kenwood double din with Garmin GPS. When I asked about anti-theft, the chap said "they don't bother as there is very little demand for stolen double-dins - they fit in so few cars" or words to that effect.

Might want to consider a double din, if you can afford it.

Hope that helps.

Can I share my experience? I took out my OEM CD player from my 2003 model (still have it), fitted a single din Alpine with mp3.

Truth was I hardly ever listened to the radio after that as I couldn't be bothered putting the faceplate on/off for 10min journeys (or longer, as I got used to it).

With the new one, I'm (still) looking at the fancy Kenwood double din with Garmin GPS. When I asked about anti-theft, the chap said "they don't bother as there is very little demand for stolen double-dins - they fit in so few cars" or words to that effect.

Might want to consider a double din, if you can afford it.

Hope that helps.

I've got an OEM sat nav system in my Corolla, and I must say it's rubbish to have a big LCD screen in the car. It has low visibility in direct sunlight, and it's annoying me when dark even when it's dimmed completely down. Also, the touch screen takes too much focus off the road trying to press the right selections... I could keep going, but you see my point.

The point is; buttons are preferred, because you can feel the button, rather than having to see it in order to hit it. Also, LED displays are far better because they tend to be more visible when it's direct sunlight, and not as annoying when it's dark.

I'm seriously considering to the Pioneer I've mentioned above... Wouldn't want a touch screen in my car ever again!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links