Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Much

DavidSmart

Hello everybody,

Just joined , today. I have a Smart Fortwo ( since 2002 ) , and have decided to swap it for a new IQ. I have done the test drive, as well as the 'new' Smart ( it has been upgraded a lot since 2002 ), and decided the Toyota is the one for me. I have just been waiting to get the cash together, and meanwhile reading the IQ forum. My plan is to go and see the local Toyota dealer this weekend. I was wondering if any body has managed to negotiate a discount on the list price at all. I hope I dont offend anyone using the 'd' word. I suppose it is a new car , plenty of demand, so need for them to offer anything.... nobody mentions price much in the forum..

Any comments...thanks guys

Hello everybody,

Just joined , today. I have a Smart Fortwo ( since 2002 ) , and have decided to swap it for a new IQ. I have done the test drive, as well as the 'new' Smart ( it has been upgraded a lot since 2002 ), and decided the Toyota is the one for me. I have just been waiting to get the cash together, and meanwhile reading the IQ forum. My plan is to go and see the local Toyota dealer this weekend. I was wondering if any body has managed to negotiate a discount on the list price at all. I hope I dont offend anyone using the 'd' word. I suppose it is a new car , plenty of demand, so need for them to offer anything.... nobody mentions price much in the forum..

WHATCAR? says:

Toyota iQ Hatchback

PRICE: £9,295 - £10,275

TARGET PRICE: £9,096 - £10,053

Although I think you will be hard pressed to get anything more than a free set of mats! Its a brand new car with plenty of interest so I doubt the dealers will be needing to discount - not for a good few months anyway.

Hello everybody,

WHATCAR? says:

Toyota iQ Hatchback

Although I think you will be hard pressed to get anything more than a free set of mats! Its a brand new car with plenty of interest so I doubt the dealers will be needing to discount - not for a good few months anyway.

Indeed! I certainly struggled.

Best I got was free "full retail" insurance cover (or whatever that thing is....where if the car gets wrecked in 2 years I get the full retail value at time of purchase back) and a free set of mats.

Oh, and I get the glove box bag free too (can you believe it's an optional extra!!!)

Hello everybody,

WHATCAR? says:

Toyota iQ Hatchback

Best I got was free "full retail" insurance cover (or whatever that thing is....where if the car gets wrecked in 2 years I get the full retail value at time of purchase back) and a free set of mats.

Oh, and I get the glove box bag free too (can you believe it's an optional extra!!!)

Yup, no discount for me as such but exactly the same as Brassik:TLP (total loss protection), mats, glove pouch thing and metallic paint included in the basic price. I didn't ask for a discount though, as I am no good at adopting a fake "I dont really care if you sell me the car or not" stance.

Hello everybody,

WHATCAR? says:

Toyota iQ Hatchback

Yup, no discount for me as such but exactly the same as Brassik:TLP (total loss protection), mats, glove pouch thing and metallic paint included in the basic price. I didn't ask for a discount though, as I am no good at adopting a fake "I dont really care if you sell me the car or not" stance.

I used to be the same as you, until dealing with customers for years on end....now I've got the perfect "Look of disdain" when it comes to discussing pricing....still didn't get me any more discount though!!!

Thanks for the replies. I must say the salesperson that I test drove with has not been falling over himself to get back in touch with me, but the Smart man called me at least 4 times in the weeks after the test drive, and offered me a very good deal. You see, I would be interested in the automatic IQ ( not IQ 2 ) at £10275 list including metallic paint ( orders up to March 1st ). I could get a similar spec Smart for ~£8200, without the extra seats of course, which is a lot less. I prefer the IQ but it does put some doubts into my mind.

The other thing I have spotted, because I was looking at maybe getting a demo, is that my local dealer had a white IQ 2 manual, and a black IQ 2 auto as demonstraters. The white one dissappeared quickly, sold I was told, and now the black one is up for sale (50 miles on clock ). Do vehicle search on http://www.sytner.co.uk/toyota-world/home.aspx. So what are they gonna do for test drives... they must be expecting some more. Hmmmmm ...

New model, loads of interest and orders=Zero discount or at least very little

Market forces / supply and demand. Numbers are so limited and dealers can sell all they can get hold of

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hello everybody,

To DavidSmart, I joined recently too - and hi everybody.

It is possible to get a discount - I got £279 discount on my (roll on the delivery date!) IQ2. We did shop around, and purchased from the sales people that were nice, most professional and treated us well. Its a lot of money to spend with a stroppy sod, if you get my drift. They have been really great... so far. Had a test drive of both models (manual), at different branches. For me, it had to be the IQ2 as I had to have that fab interior and with it being more expensive I had to have a discount! I also got the mats and glove box bag thrown in.

My take on it, is that its a brand new car, with new technology, new design features etc, etc, never before seen packaging etc, etc. I have no idea if I will be one of a 'handful' of people who were brave enough to go for the Toyota IQ, or whether it will be the new revolution the Mini was when that first came out. And, neither do they (them there in the MrT showrooms) - if they are being any other way, they are bluffing. I think that right now, they are desperate to make a sale. Wouldn't you be? ??

(hope that makes sense)

all best

Happy09 :yahoo:

B) Hello again everybody,

I thought I'd better update you all on the 'D' word situation. I went and put my order in today. I have gone for the white IQ 2 automatic. It was a tough battle, they hit me with the GAP insurance, and the 'SupaGuard' paint treatment at vastly reduced amounts - normally about ~£500 , down to ~£250, so I told them I didnt want that , I wasnt interested. I just wanted a cash price for the car - nothing else. They persisted with the insurance thing, telling me how important it was . .. so I said no again.. not interested.. .. my wife was begining to squirm. So we eventually agreed on £11000 ( £255 below list ) if I signed today .. . . I ummed and ahhhed ... and asked if they could throw in some matts.... my wife sqirmed unbearably. They went to find the price... ~£80 .. . . I told them I could some from Aldi down the road for £5 .. . and they reluctantly agreed to give me a 'reduction' on the price of them ( 'I'll see what we can do' he said ) when I pick the car up. ( I am hoping for half price ).

I suppose I did OK really , they sold another while we were there. I think I could have done better if I hadnt taken the ( embarassed ) wife.

So there you go, £255, it can be done. Expecting delivery March 1st ish.

Good luck with the haggling.

By the way I got the metallic paint ( as per orders before March 1 ), and they said that the glove compartment thingy, ( with the press studs ) had always come with the car so far.

PS anybody want to buy a Smart

B)

PS anybody want to buy a Smart

Yes - a 2009 Brabus For Two please!

I did not get any discount either & could not really be asked to make an effort to get one. The paint is free at moment & glove bag comes with it so what the hell, ordered iQ mats from eBay as they £20 cheaper than buying from dealer. Salesman was not the friendliest person & I have to say I have visited 2 different showrooms now on several occasions & there is sooo much interest in these & they seem to be getting quite a few orders.

Mine arrived at dealers today so so excited now as it all seems real :wub: collect her in under two weeks now.

• 2 weeks later...

there is a price increase, and they are going to charge for metalic paint even though there is no solid paint option, works out about £575 :o

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I was lucky as I paid £9675 for an iq2....

I was about to buy a Fiat 500............a cheeky little thing by the way and if I went with the heart I would still have bought it if only for that fabulous interior, but the might of Toyota Motor Corporation got the better of me.. I had £9500 to spend so that was that I bought the Toyota and should fingers crossed collect it this weekend

Steve

• 4 months later...

I can't believe that the list price at launch for a Manual iQ2 with metallic paint was £10,295 and now that same spec costs £11,015!

I've just bought our Manual iQ2 metallic with £500 off the list price and about £500 of bundled extras. This was after the first offer of "well, we can only offer you £100 off as they are really desirable and haven't been out for long."

My top tip is to check out Carfile and Auto eBid who can both offer around £700 off list price with a brand new iQ delivered to your door from a UK Toyota dealer with you as registered first owner. If you approach your dealer armed with this information you might be able to secure a better deal (as I did), or failing that you can leave your local dealer and go with one of the web sites.

Discount!!? :lol::lol::lol:

I got a free set of mats and a set of four mud flaps. :)

I did insist on five grand for my Yaris though, which was well above the 'What Car?' p/x price. Not bad considering it had a broken non standard door mirror. :D

I bought the car to a friend... so with the discount he offered me (7%, he had to ask his boss for this), he lowered the price on options (eg : painted and installed roof spoiler for 250€ instead of 350€) and ecological discount (700€) it's like if i had a 10% discount on the whole car. B)

When we ordered our iQ on 31st July, the internet brokers were offering about £400 off a base iQ for a straight purchase and £320 off for a scrappage deal. This helped to persuade our local dealer to give us a discount after scrappage. The prices went up the following day. Now we have to keep our fingers crossed that the car is delivered before the contracted price expires.

As ever, for good discounts, you must ( a ) do your homework and ( b ) be prepared to walk out. Only after we had walked out and were ready to phone the internet broker did the dealer shift from the "we have never discounted an iQ" line.

Good luck!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links