Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dyno Results

nrgizerbunny

Just got back from testing. Yes i know it was early!

here's my numbers:

3278509174_09c41a217e_o.gif

Looking at the results either my engine was created with finer tolerances or my blitz air filter is better than i think. I think its the former rather than the latter. Also looks like polishing the manifold has quite a big effect. I "borrowed" an OEM manifold from a "nearby scrapyard" cough cough somewhere.

It was done at my local college.

they are only allowed to run the dyno until 10am on a saturday, hence why i had to get in early.

So in BHP that's 204bhp then? Not bad.

For anybody wondering:

1 PS = 0.986 HP

1 HP = 1.014 PS

So 207 x 0.986 = 204bhp

;)

Gonna join us for the trip to the Pod?

Those figures look like polishing the manifold releases an additional 8 BHP which is superb for the cost of some sand paper/cut DA pads!!!

Did the dyno show the flat spot you thought you could feel at 1500RPM? The graph image doesn't go that low.

It would be good to see what your car does with the std manifold and airbox then the gains would be 100% visable, fancy having another go next saturday :eek::lol: ;)

That aint a curve anyway! Thats peaky as hell!

Sorry I dont know anything about your car but has it been cammed at all?

That aint a curve anyway! Thats peaky as hell!

Sorry I dont know anything about your car but has it been cammed at all?

The huge peak you see is at 6,200rpm when the engine switches to it's racing cam known to us as "Lift" :D

VVTL-i - Variable Valve Timing & Lift Intelligent

Cool, v-tec esque. Was thinking it looks similar to pretty much any honda graph Ive seen! My old 172 came on cam at 5k and you noticed a difference but nowt like that!

Based on Toyota figures the engine develops 140bhp before Lift and 189bhp after Lift!!

:D

Cool, v-tec esque. Was thinking it looks similar to pretty much any honda graph Ive seen! My old 172 came on cam at 5k and you noticed a difference but nowt like that!

Its about as opposite as you can get from a Turbo Diesel, similiar ish to the 172 but they move below 4k RPM! Best described as all or nothing :lol:

Yeah we built a mk1 clio with a F7P 1.8 16v. Below 4k you would think it had the brakes on! Above 4k it matched my 172! Yeah not liking the turbo diesel power delivery yet but I'll get used to it. I'll stop spamming now!

Good results mate

flatspot has gone. after a bit of driving the flatspot went away. Not sure what it was but probalby something to do with the ecu learning.

I shall see if i can get hold of a standard air filter and go again with a normal manifold.

Looking at the graph the polishing really does make a difference - this is what the guys on the celica forum in the states said also.

flatspot has gone. after a bit of driving the flatspot went away. Not sure what it was but probalby something to do with the ecu learning.

I shall see if i can get hold of a standard air filter and go again with a normal manifold.

Looking at the graph the polishing really does make a difference - this is what the guys on the celica forum in the states said also.

Any chance of a guide to polishing?

Seconded!

Any chance of a dyno at your college too? :lol:

Seconded!

Any chance of a dyno at your college too? :lol:

thirded and seconded! hahahahha

always up for a cheap/free dyno run :P

i'll have a word with the relevant people.

as for a guide, surely not! its not that difficult to unbolt the intake manifold! then polishing is just case of hand filing away, or dremeling!

i'll have a word with the relevant people.

as for a guide, surely not! its not that difficult to unbolt the intake manifold! then polishing is just case of hand filing away, or dremeling!

Erm... i'd still need a guide! :lol:

Only knew how to change my brakes thanks to you! ;)

Thats a nice gain. You must be well chuffed! :) Speaking of manifolds... Theres a new 2zz instake manifold for the tsport coming out imminently stateside which is causing a bit of a buzz at the moment

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=292138

Bear in mind all results are in wheel hp not crank, although its still !Removed! impressive. 30whp at the top end and over 50whp at lift transition on the stock ecu. Thats better than intake, cams and exhaust combined

there is this new intake over at 9thgen corolla as well http://www.9thgencorolla.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91733

It looks to me after my one experiment that faffing with the intake is the easiest way to gain more power. I was just a bit scared cos ae102 has put me off slightly but as i now have a spare i can dremel all i like.

hey,

nice figures, may I ask what areas of the intake manifold you improved? This is something ive done to my last few cars and have always noticed good improvements in throttle response.

Any chance of a ms paint type picture of where you polished / filed / reworked?

Did you do anything to the throttle body?

Sorry for all the questions, i'm a big fan of DIY work and have a degree in maintenance engineering as well as operations engineering so am able to do the work but having not seen the intake mani and only been told on the USA forums that you cant improve it this thread is of big interest to me!

Cheers!

hey,

nice figures, may I ask what areas of the intake manifold you improved? This is something ive done to my last few cars and have always noticed good improvements in throttle response.

Any chance of a ms paint type picture of where you polished / filed / reworked?

Did you do anything to the throttle body?

Sorry for all the questions, i'm a big fan of DIY work and have a degree in maintenance engineering as well as operations engineering so am able to do the work but having not seen the intake mani and only been told on the USA forums that you cant improve it this thread is of big interest to me!

Cheers!

OH man. i like the sound of smoothing out the manifold... but really would like some pictures and instructions if anyone dare take the lead!!

im gonna give it a go this week and see what happens! will take pics...

OP... can you describe or knock up any pictures showing where you ploished and what you did?

When i can be bothered i'll put up a guide but please note, doing the guides takes much longer than you'd think!

take manifold off, have a look inside and you'll see its rough cast, just file it down with sand paper so its smooth. it really is as easy as that.

yep i guessed as much

did you do the plenum, runners or both?

when removing the manifold from the head were there any things to be aware of such as coolant hoses, hidden bolts etc?

I'm going to give it a once over tomorrow, polish the runners but leaving the pkenum chamber alone as you dont want it all smooth. also going to port match the parts.

hopefully ill be avle to get a SRI intake on too :-}

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links