Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J A E 2009 (attendees)

GIDDLEPIN

NOTIFICATION OF THIS YEARS JAE

Well, what can I say? After some delays waaaay beyond my control we at last have not only an exciting new venue but have stuck with the show being late in the Summer. Well, after the fantastic weather in 2008 what else could we do?

The date wont be to everyone’s liking and I apologise that some clubs will probably already have things arranged that clash. But let’s hope the new venue is even better than last year – if that’s possible! – and that everyone will want to stay with the new venue and enjoy another fantastic JAE.

We have taken all the good things from 2008 and kept them but have now added even more for you to do! If we can keep the weather (minus the midges) we should have a really great show.

The date is now Friday 11 September to Sunday 13 September with Thursday open for clubs who want to get there early and set up. Thursday will be an all ticket affair however to prevent too many gatecrashers and let the club people do their thing and get everything organised. By the way the 10th is my birthday so make sure you bring lots of presents if you’re coming early! J

The venue is now Wicksteed Park, after M.I. and another venue found they could not accommodate us. Wicksteed is a fantastic venue and has a lot to offer (http://www.wicksteedpark.co.uk/default.aspx):

• Lake
  • Go-kart oval
  • Fully stocked fishing lake
  • Fairground
  • Roller coaster
  • 18 hole crazy golf
  • Putting green
  • Playground for younger children

Add to that all the things we have arranged for you:

• Five-a-side football
  • Tug of War
  • It’s a knockout competition
  • Easing competition
  • Karaoke
  • Band
  • Disco
  • New and much bigger show n shine!

Then add the new stuff that we are still working on and this promises to take JAE to yet another level!

Booking forms will be available on line very soon and will be emailed out to you. But until then just get it in your diary, book the time off work and start organising your club stands!

I can’t say that JAE has had the same enthusiasm for me as the early days but at least I have continued to help organise the event and supported OUR club by attending.

The last few years we struggle to get members interested despite the, “I want to go but……..” or “I will be attending……but with another club” Then there are the “It’s far too expensive” comments.

Yes there are other places to visit. Take Santa Pod: It is still a car oriented event and a great day out, but check the prices CLICKY they vary from £10 for one day up to £60 each for an equivalent long weekend, this doesn’t include any extras like stands or participation fees.

Then there’s TOTB CLICKY

I have been on a couple of occasions and enjoyed the first hour or so but found it a bit boring after that, even the handling track gets predictable, the more interesting skid off action usually occurs well away from view (this is ok if you have a telephoto lens)

I stopped going when the entry went up to £20 each for one day….I found this to be way too overpriced for what was available and paying £4.00 for a burger or £2.00 for an ice-cream just wasn’t going to happen…..

What about something different?

How about a long weekend camping in Cornwall? CLICKY

OK that’s £10 a night per tent, that’s still £30 and entry to the camp entertainment is extra, also the restrictions on how you enjoy yourself are VERY limited.

The above comments are purely my own and I’m sure many will disagree but I would like to see a good turn out to at least one of our national club meets and JAE is probably equal to some events but a damn site better than others, both in value for money and entertainment.

I will try my best to sort something out for our stand but as can be appreciated the later it gets, the less can be done.

So……Who is up for this years JAE?

1. Les (GIDDLEPIN)………................….. MR2 Roadster

2. Anne. (Devil-ish)…….................………Aygo black

3. Gaz (Norfolk n Chance)..................Corolla

3. Andy & Danielle (acstreet)...................Celica gt4 st185

4. Andy (Jappybeast)Fri - Sun.....................MR2

5. Lauren (plus one)Fri - Sun......................Potential Toyota or Jappys MR2

6. Steve (Red Yaris 54)........................... Support vehicle (Mercedes ?)

7. John & Babs (ae111sr)........................Corolla

8. Steve (Phoenix999)...........................,Avensis

9. Tina (Blue84)....................................MK1 MR2

10. Ricc...............................................Corolla

11. JadeGTi..........................................Corolla GTi

12. Lucas (Mint_sauce)..........................Corolla SR

13. AE 92.............................................Corolla

14. Mr Mo....Super fast black sexy MR2 T-Bar GT Turbo thingy

15. Ash (Calisto)..................................MR2

16. Teddylicious..................................MR2 Roadster

17. john 905.......................................Corolla

18. SJandAYGO..................................Aygo

19. Sally IQ........................................IQ

20. Lee (Leeky) + Karen.....................Supra MK4 Aerotop Twin Turbo

21. Heran (H13RNC)............................Corolla T-Sport & one guest

22. Kunal............................................Corolla T-Sport & one guest

23. Bibbs............................................Gen 3 Hilux Surf

24. MIP...............................................Support Vehicle (Honda)

25. Karma Supra.................................??????????

26. Matt L............................................MR2 Turbo

27. PaulT.............................................Aygo

28. lonepilgrim + Better Half.................Corolla

29. freebird.........................................Corolla

30. Jaxx.............................................MR2ovloV

31.Tegan...........................................MR2?

32. Earpl............................................???

33. Chatman.......................................Rav4

34. Fizz................................................MR2 Turbo

35. Ash's Dad - Trevor.........................Yaris?

36. Blutto (and Partner)........................Corolla

37. Paul Gi.........................................Aygo

38. Hou.............................................??????

39. Jess_IQ........................................ IQ

40. Dawsey.........................................Corolla

41. Rich H...........................................Aygo

Edited by GIDDLEPIN
Duplicate Sally 19/IQ removed

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GIDDLEPIN

• Hou

• JappyBeast

• Norfolk n Chance

pick me pick me :D , im coming just me and the mrs at the moment and possibly a friend in his mr2 turbo :rolleyes:

I am up for this Les.

Can you get me a "Support Vehicle" pass?, as I do not think that I will have a Toyota by September.

I know in previous years the organisers have been a bit strict about allowing "Non-Jap" vehicles on club stands :(

(I would park at the back of the stand ;) )

And another two John (ae111sr) and Babs with Corolla - no camping for us - hotel all the way :lol: Should be there for Friday afternoon and leave Sunday afternoon.

And another two John (ae111sr) and Babs with Corolla - no camping for us - hotel all the way :lol: Should be there for Friday afternoon and leave Sunday afternoon.

That's something I never thought of John, I bet there are more facilities for the none campers in close proximity :thumbsup:

Les.... can you add me please. I'll have the Avensis at that time. I hope this car is not too boring :unsure:

I agree with your points totally.... Wicksteed Park is not a bad venue, easy to get to and the price for a weekend event is good. I'm going only for the one day so, relatively speaking, it is expensive but what the heck.... its a day out with nice people and some interesting cars :yes:

Les.... can you add me please. I'll have the Avensis at that time. I hope this car is not too boring :unsure:

I agree with your points totally.... Wicksteed Park is not a bad venue, easy to get to and the price for a weekend event is good. I'm going only for the one day so, relatively speaking, it is expensive but what the heck.... its a day out with nice people and some interesting cars :yes:

It will be good to see you again Steve :thumbsup:

Yep......70,000.......that's SEVENTY THOUSAND!!! Registered members and the best we can muster is a handful of the regular meet attenders.

Looks like we are a car club full of members who don't want to use cars :rolleyes:

Unfortunately organising anything worth while needs a fair bit of time, booking pitch sizes has to be done well in advance, as do any potential marquees, BBQ's etc. otherwise it will be another place to park and camp.

There will be a charge for the pitch this year and any BBQ,s etc will also have to be taken into account, otherwise it won't be a Toyota Owners Club stand, it will be somewhere to park cars and camp ;)

So......the more confirmed people the better things should be, but, there will have to be plenty more than the handful already.

1. Les (GIDDLEPIN)………................….. MR2 Roadster

2. Anne. (Devil-ish)…….................………Aygo black

3. Gaz (Norfolk n Chance)..................Corolla

3. Andy & Danielle (acstreet).............................MR2

4. Andy (Jappybeast)Fri - Sun.....................MR2

5. Lauren (plus one)Fri - Sun......................Potential Toyota or Jappys MR2

6. Steve (Red Yaris 54)...........................Unknown Support vehicle (??)

7. John & Babs (ae111sr)........................Corolla

8. Steve (Phoenix999)...........................,Avensis

9. Tina (Blue84)....................................MK1 MR2

It may also be Yves aswell, but it depends on his shifts which we can't work out that far ahead as they may well change again.

Maybe an announcement in each forum would help? Not many members use this area and an announcement will inform them as to when it is and maybe get some of the more segregated members to join us?

There are no new names on that list at all and there should be! The same people can't come every year, otherwise the numbers will continually dwindle....

Maybe an announcement in each forum would help? Not many members use this area and an announcement will inform them as to when it is and maybe get some of the more segregated members to join us?

There are no new names on that list at all and there should be! The same people can't come every year, otherwise the numbers will continually dwindle....

Done it every year Em :yes: Obviously didn't work because of the low number of attendances (even you never noticed I did it :P :lol: )

Maybe an announcement in each forum would help?....

Land Cruiser and Avensis forums done :thumbsup:

how many support vehicles can you have?

Lots I guess.... so long as they brings plenty of food and drink :P :lol:

Good idea Em, was thinking the same only this morning - I've just done the Corolla forum and pinned it too.

Good idea Em, was thinking the same only this morning - I've just done the Corolla forum and pinned it too.

Done it every year Em :yes: Obviously didn't work because of the low number of attendances (even you never noticed I did it :P :lol: )

;)