Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apexi Update

cmh shek

Hi guys, just thought I'd give you's an update.

Got the replacement kit from Nengun today and just fitted it. And guess what..it works perfect :D

So I'm guessing with the MAF sensor being such a sensitive part, it won't read the air flow correctly if the diameter of the pipe is too different from the standard one.

But anyway, after investing in one of these kits two months ago, I'm finally satisfied :P

Can't see it making much difference performance wise with it being a 1.6, but had a quick drive around the block, and the noise it makes is immense, well worth the wait!

Also, got this email from Nengun:

"Hello Chris

We ordered in the intake the other day and we should have it any day now. I have re activated your order and added your desired address. On another note. If it wasn`t for you, we wouldn`t have contacted Apexi and by chance through meeting various Apexi people we ended up becoming a direct official dealer. Something we have been trying for over 10 years to no avail . What does this mean. Well from now on, our Apexi parts have just become cheaper for our customers. So a Big thank you."

So it's good news if anyone's thinking of buying any Apexi parts! And if anyone's got a Rolla that's not a T-sport who's thinking of buying an Apexi Air Intake, then go for the ZZE123 part no. 508-T029.

To be honest I don't know why they have two different kits, the only difference is having to bung off a hose on the TS.

But cheers for your suggestions guys, and thanks again Nengun :thumbsup:

Chris

woohoo!

I got a kit made for my tsport and agree, the sound alone makes it worth it!

any pictures now its fitted?

God damn it.... you've now ruined the exclusitivity of having an A'PEXi on an E12 Corolla!! :angry:

:lol:

On another note Tom @ Nengun is currently trying to source the heat shield from A'PEXi ;)

:lol: Sorry mate :P

But I have to say Tom is spot on, can't really fault Nengun after my experience with them.

And I was actually going to give the car a wash and take a few pics, but the weather aint too great at the mo so maybe another time.

Gonna take it out for a proper drive now, even though it's cold and windy I'm still gonna roll the windows down just to hear the roar! :lol:

:lol: Sorry mate :P

But I have to say Tom is spot on, can't really fault Nengun after my experience with them.

And I was actually going to give the car a wash and take a few pics, but the weather aint too great at the mo so maybe another time.

Gonna take it out for a proper drive now, even though it's cold and windy I'm still gonna roll the windows down just to hear the roar! :lol:

There's no need to put the windows down! ;)

Did they ever say which car the original kit you had was designed for? :huh:

apexi cones are readily available - nothing exclusive. £40 for a replacement cone for my CAI.

I am fully aware that you can buy the cones... but i was meaning the full A'PEXi kit :P

I get the impression some people don't have a sense of humour......

but if your not funny ;)

you have an apexi too - i didnt know that :backofnet:

Suppose if i'm boring i should go hang out on the more boring technical forums....

Indeed it is ;)

£135.03 delivered :thumbsup:

There's no need to put the windows down! ;)

Did they ever say which car the original kit you had was designed for? :huh:

I'm afraid not, don't even think Apexi know! On the box it says that it's for a Corolla NZE121, which I thought was my car but obviously not! :lol:

And I haven't heard from JP-Auris, but I'm thinking it didn't work on his 1.4 because like I said before the standard air box is pretty much the same for all E12's, so one size fits all really! Well it should anyway :P

Oh and I noticed that you don't have to put your windows down :lol: Floored it as much as I could just to hear the sound, absolutely love it!

HOLD ON DUDES!!!!

ARE YOU TELLING ME THE PRICE HAS FINALLY GONE DOWN AND THAT I CAN NOW ORDER THIS MYTHIC APEXI FOR MY 1.6??? LAST I CHECKED THE PRICE WAS HITTING AT NEAR £150 DELIVERED!!!!

SO FOR MY 1.6 I WOULD ORDER THIS >>>> ZZE123 part no. 508-T029????

That's correct... pretend you have a CTS ;)

hmm i dont quiet understand though lol

why do i have to order the cts version if they have the one which is for my engine zze121??

would i have the same problems as the OP if i ordered the zze121 version?

hmm i dont quiet understand though lol

why do i have to order the cts version if they have the one which is for my engine zze121??

would i have the same problems as the OP if i ordered the zze121 version?

Yes!!

The CTS version works fine the 1.6 version doesn't!!

Even A'PEXi don't know why!

Gaz,

Maybe you should go work for them! :P I'm sure you'd figure it out, what with all your spare time at work. :lol:

*emails A'PEXi for job vacancies*

OK!!! NEXT PAYCHECK APEXI ZZE123 VERSION WILL BE ORDERED AT £135 WHICH IS A SAVING OF £15 OVER THE ZZE121 VERSION! :D THANKS FOR THE HELP AND THANK YOU CMM SHEK FOR MAKING NENGUN PUT PRICES DOWN FINALLY :D

Yeah i hate the chap that made them increase their prices!

:ermm:

Order now!

It takes 2 weeks to arrive ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links