Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Took A Long Time.....

chatman

Well got round to doing something today, I should have done months ago.... :unsure: :unsure:

So taking a leaf out of Hoovie's book...I pimped the RAV ;)

I have the leather interior....so not that :P

I have the 6 disc cd changer...so not that :P

I have TomTom on my mobile phone so don't need some crafted mount...so not that :P :P

Coincidently....picking up a new washing machine next weekend so this fit in nicely, also until I get my Bike rack, I have been transporting my mountain bike in the back

Only had one injury (O and apologise for the crappy photos...unable to find my digital camera, so used my Blackberry instead...all a bit misty B) )

IMG00448.jpg

I subscribed to Auto Express £1 for 6 issues and got a free tool set :lol:

IMG00446.jpg

AHA..............What's gone....

IMG00443.jpg

IMG00442.jpg

Never lost any clips either...but some where a pain to get out....

IMG00445.jpg

Split pin took a good whack to get out....undamaged though just firmly in place

IMG00444.jpg

Thanks to Dave M on this one :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IMG00447.jpg

I'll get some reflective tape next time I'm near a motor store......

Why I didn't do this earlier... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nice work Chatman :thumbsup:

Hope you've filled in the appropriate Health & Safety forms for your injury... :lol:

Is it not Illegal to remove this, or make the car Illegal on the road ???

Just asking ? :huh:

No it's not illegal... just that the rear spare (T180 and other RAV users look away now :lol: :lol: ) cover, hides one of the rear lights.. So Toyota made the rear door only open to such and angle that it could still be seen... Not illegal.....Just need to get some reflective tape on door edge :) :) :)

Hope you've filled in the appropriate Health & Safety forms for your injury... laugh.gif

Yep all upto date...I'm doing a First Responders first aid course next weekend...part of my local area team where I live....So I'll ask them to check my scare then ;)

Tetanus protection up to date??

I had a pint of Guinness straight afterwards..so hopefully all clear now...... :cheers: :cheers:

Only had one injury

IMG00448.jpg

Sorry to hear you are injured Chatters not looked in much recently, Was the Air Ambulance involved or just the usual Paramedics ? Will they let you have visitors in intensive care? Do the blood transfusion service carry your blood type, Or did prince Charles give you a pint or two on his way past, If theres anything you need while you are recuperating just let me know. My wifes a Doctors receptionist + she says an injury of that magnitude could be quite traumatic, maybe you need to book yourself a couple of weeks at a health farm just to be on the safe side.. :doctor::doctor::doctor:

Thanks to Dave M on this one :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My pleasure mate, :thumbsup: did you manage it in under 10 minutes ?

Unfortunately it incurs an Insurance weighting Premium of 30% on the Hinge Insurance, and damage is not covered in winds of more than 13mph. The likelihood of a blind cyclist making a significant claim if they run into the sharp edge of the door outweighs the benefits of such a modification; and it has been known to curtail the rear vision when reversing as dave.m found out at a well known railway station ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P )

More interesting would be a swing door installation and how that would be seen by the authorities!

Unfortunately it incurs an Insurance weighting Premium of 30% on the Hinge Insurance, and damage is not covered in winds of more than 13mph. The likelihood of a blind cyclist making a significant claim if they run into the sharp edge of the door outweighs the benefits of such a modification; and it has been known to curtail the rear vision when reversing as dave.m found out at a well known railway station ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P )

More interesting would be a swing door installation and how that would be seen by the authorities!

Nope same amount of hinges as before so same inssurance Bothy :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Makes a big difference...now I can fit in the whole body bag now :death: without having to fold it first :lol::lol::lol:

where can I buy one of these longer hinge retainer thingy me bobs then? :D

Kingo will post one to you.

where can I buy one of these longer hinge retainer thingy me bobs then? :D

Kingo will post one to you.

Dear Kingo - just back from the Maldives (wherever they are - Scilly Islands??)

please post me a thingumyjig like wots been said, free of charge with the Wiper Blades, thanks.

Do you know how much Mr Kingo would charge for such an item deliverd to my door, or will he really send one for free? :thumbsup:

Do you know how much Mr Kingo would charge for such an item deliverd to my door, or will he really send one for free? :thumbsup:

In post 7 here he says £60 but it's worth pm ing him or phoning Lindop's if he is still on hols. The part number is there too.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=71227&st=0

he was meant to start back at work yesterday if he got through immigration control in time.

I keep thinking about doing my rear door strap but that's as far as i get :rolleyes: , well done on getting round to doing yours :)

I keep thinking about doing my rear door strap but that's as far as i get :rolleyes: , well done on getting round to doing yours :)

Hmmmm pondering doing things is a serious disease.... go on Bob you know you'll love it after doing the check strap.. it makes a whole lot of difference....

Here's mine in use today.. so much easier to get bulky items out now.... :D :D

IMAG0005.jpg

If I remove the whole seat the bike fits in... but dont want to leave the seat in the shed...so it stays folded and remove the front wheel....

Hmmmm pondering doing things is a serious disease.... go on Bob you know you'll love it after doing the check strap.. it makes a whole lot of difference....

Here's mine in use today.. so much easier to get bulky items out now.... :D :D

IMAG0005.jpg

If I remove the whole seat the bike fits in... but dont want to leave the seat in the shed...so it stays folded and remove the front wheel....

I'm doing a head gasket on my 2.8 Supra at the moment , so RAV4 check strap seems a long time off just yet :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links