Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AE92 GTi-16 Progress Thread

KPARRIS-JONES

Hi all,

I did a small bit of work over Easter, and then spent the rest of my time working on my car :wacko:

I re-fitted my MOMO wheel which came loose, and I've fitted the pedals better aswell as the new Handbrake handle. I cant get the gear-knob off though, It rotates but isn't on a screw or anything. Any ideas on what to do?

Anyway, what do you think?

post-68049-1240431728_thumb.jpg

post-68049-1240431705_thumb.jpg

post-68049-1240431746_thumb.jpg

post-68049-1240431776_thumb.jpg

post-68049-1240431794_thumb.jpg

post-68049-1240431816_thumb.jpg

post-68049-1240431860_thumb.jpg

post-68049-1240431887_thumb.jpg

post-68049-1240431913_thumb.jpg

post-68049-1240431934_thumb.jpg

post-68049-1240431952_thumb.jpg

post-68049-1240431972_thumb.jpg

If anyone has any questions to do with what I have done so far, and would like to know how to do it, PM me or add me on hotmail and I'd be happy to help as much as I can.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KPARRIS-JONES

• dawesy

• PaulinhoT

• AE_92

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that will come along real nice! take your time and keep working at it, a great car! and when finished they look stunning!

if you are keeping it original in white get it done jdm style!!! carbon bonnet hmmmmmmmmmm :thumbsup:

that tailgate looks familiar :lol: good stuff keep it up :thumbsup:

you need to get rid of that tvis engine and get a hi torque non tvis one B)

Cheers guys,

They do look awsome when finished. I know mines a bit of a bucket at the moment but I'll keep getting cash which = parts!

It's funny that you should recognise the Tailgate! :lol:

I didn't knw that the non-TVIS had more torque. I understood that it had about 8-10 more BHP and that the TVIS could be modded to a higher power level or something. But I like torque more so I might have a look into it. :yes:

I'll get some pics of the exhaust when I get it. It's taking ages! :ffs:

It probably won't be fitted but even so, nice to look at. :lol:

Thought I'd say that I also drilled off the rust in the spare-wheel well and then primed it to prevent rusting. (I've got my fair share)

Also, does anyone have any clear tail-lights for the GTI that I could buy?

Thanks

My exhaust has finally been delivered along with the side-repeaters!

Exhaust came this morning at 8 and repeaters came at about 3.

The exhaust isn't Stainless Steel like I was told but I'm going to paint it in rust-proof paint, exept for the polished outlets.

And I'm really pleased stainless or not. It will look meaty when I fit it this summer!

The side repeaters will also look really good when I get the body-work sorted, so it's been a good day for me, :D

exhaust001.jpg

exhaust002.jpg

exhaust003.jpg

exhaust004.jpg

exhaust005.jpg

exhaust006.jpg

Points about fitting the Ashley:

*You will require 2 X 58mm U-Bolts

*Exhaust Sealing Putty

*You will need to file down the centre-section to downpipe inner diameter, and the downpipe insert tube. They will take quite a bit of filing until they slot in nicely.

*The exhaust runs over the rear suspenion rods, close to the handbrake cable, be careful they do not touch.

If further help is required regarding fitment of this system, e-mail or PM me any time. I am happy to help.

will look the nuts when you get it finished bud

Cheers,

I'm gonna paint it red I think in high-heat engine paint.

:)

what are you painting red? the exhaust? i think it looks good in black ;)

it may well be stainless under the black paint too, but even if it isnt looks good.... get it finished then you can start thinking about a licence :P

I thought that it would look good in black too, but it's not stainless, so it will rust which is even worse.

The black high-heat paint is matte and dries quite rough like sandpaper, so I thought that the red would look alright along with the red pin-stripes and the white body-work.

The red looks much better than the black in high-heat form.

If you have any ideas, I'm happy to take them into consideration. :)

Nice exhaust dude stainless would have looked better :(

hmmm I see it has a middle box too quiet for my liking has to be straight through :naughty:

Nice exhaust dude stainless would have looked better :(

hmmm I see it has a middle box too quiet for my liking has to be straight through :naughty:

I think that I'll remove it one day, but for now, it'll be perfect! :D

I would paint it black, reason being as you dont really want to expose your back exhaust box on a white car. It may suit the lines of the car but will probably look very odd when you are driving down the road. Spray it nicely with black so it doesnt expose your pipework so much other wise it will look like a rainbow.

I would paint it black, reason being as you dont really want to expose your back exhaust box on a white car. It may suit the lines of the car but will probably look very odd when you are driving down the road. Spray it nicely with black so it doesnt expose your pipework so much other wise it will look like a rainbow.

O.K. I'll try to get some decent black paint for the exhaust and I'll get it sprayed soon enough.

Thanks for the advice. :)

yess that is looking sweeet, im loving that streering wheel dude.

top work so far ;)

very nice, will have to see what it sounds like with the exhaust on it. shame it aint a stainless, but ah well, its wasnt tooo expensive :P

you putting an interior in it, or kieeping stripped for the racer look?

Thought I'd say that I also drilled off the rust in the spare-wheel well and then primed it to prevent rusting. (I've got my fair share)

Also, does anyone have any clear tail-lights for the GTI that I could buy?

Thanks

Nice job, hope this link works for tail lights.Wish i found them when i had my GTi :crybaby:

http://www.hybrid.kznmotorracing.co.za/lighting_sales.htm

I'm thinking of getting new headlamps in a few months, and so far, these get my vote!

What do you think?

AE92%20ANGEL%20EYE%20HEADLIGHTS.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links