Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Been Messing With The Intake Again

myromeo

ok, This is the stages I have went thru with my TS intake and what feelings I have for each stage

stock - quiet, not so responsive, made 183bhp peak

stock with snorkel mod, slightly more responsive, no hp

no filter and open airbox (just for dyno run) made 190hp

airbox removed, novitec cone filter fitted as SRI. throttle response improved noticably, more 'sporty' noise than stock

heat wrapped intake pipe, fitted cold air feed pipe - no change from previous but noticably quieter

todays work

fitted airbox with cone filter inside, cold air feed fitted (snorkel thing, 75mm) - quieter than open cone, very quick throttle response and noticable increase in low down torque. not had a chance to hit lift yet so no comments on upper rev performance but I see no reason it will have changed from the open cone.

Here is a photo of my current setup :)

IMG_0019.jpg

The red pipes entering just before the throttle body are my fuel and nitrous lines ;)

any comments are more than welcome :)

Ok, please dont take offence but looks wise, its awful :eek::eek:

Looks like a bandage, just imo, ..... not sure what else to say .....

im not a huge fan either. but as long as you are enjoying the 'performance' and changes thats all that counts.

ok, This is the stages I have went thru with my TS intake and what feelings I have for each stage

stock - quiet, not so responsive, made 183bhp peak

stock with snorkel mod, slightly more responsive, no hp

no filter and open airbox (just for dyno run) made 190hp

airbox removed, novitec cone filter fitted as SRI. throttle response improved noticably, more 'sporty' noise than stock

heat wrapped intake pipe, fitted cold air feed pipe - no change from previous but noticably quieter

todays work

fitted airbox with cone filter inside, cold air feed fitted (snorkel thing, 75mm) - quieter than open cone, very quick throttle response and noticable increase in low down torque. not had a chance to hit lift yet so no comments on upper rev performance but I see no reason it will have changed from the open cone.

Here is a photo of my current setup :)

IMG_0019.jpg

The red pipes entering just before the throttle body are my fuel and nitrous lines ;)

any comments are more than welcome :)

emmm you shouldnt need to heat rap the intake m8, you only need to heat rap things like manifolds or exhaust but then again i wouldnt even do that 3 of my m8s have heat rapped exhaust or manifold and 2 of them went on fire cuz of the heat rap and the other craked the exhaust in half at the external wastgate

im going to sit on the fence as regards the heat wrap!

i understand your logic as far as trying to reduce heat soak, but at the same time im looking at the intake plenum abd runners thinking.....its just going to pick heat up there instead.

scott - i dont get why your friends had fires, heat wrap is supposed to be impervious to fire/flames other wise it would be pointless. you sure they didnt wrap things with hessian sack? lol

Me, kangzy and ckman have spoken a fair bit about induction kits and best way to gain power from them.

After tons of investigation, the induction kits lose some power and gain a few but the ideal way to go about it is not the actual tube which is the problem its the filter.

The filter is the element which takes in the air, By heatwrapping the actual intake tube there is nothing which is preventing heat so maybe a slight waste there with the wrapping. The ideal way is to custom build an area around the filter which is a heatshield and then have a direct cold air feed coming into the filter. Maybe try the wrap on manifolds or to reduce engine temperatures maybe think about ceramic coating the manifolds etc. That will stop hot air going into the induction. As for ideas on the intake use a cone filter but with the correct CAF and Heatshield.

Seen the pipercross viper? Same idea as that. Induction cone in a heatproof box with a massive cold air feed. Best compromise between sound and performance.

Props on giving it a go yourself

Chap with a Pipercross Viper only pulled 187BHP at our RR recently.

We put it down to the fact his filter wasn't open like ours and alot less air was getting to it while the bonnet was open. Granted it may be a whole different story on the road...

All that matters is he could keep up around the bendy roads! :D

All that matters is he could keep up around the bendy roads! :D

With you yes... me and Blutto had to wait for you chaps to catch up! :lol:

I had a fairly good excuse.. I had a 7 month pregant lady in the car! lol. And a pint-sized pisspot in the back. LOL!!

im going to sit on the fence as regards the heat wrap!

i understand your logic as far as trying to reduce heat soak, but at the same time im looking at the intake plenum abd runners thinking.....its just going to pick heat up there instead.

scott - i dont get why your friends had fires, heat wrap is supposed to be impervious to fire/flames other wise it would be pointless. you sure they didnt wrap things with hessian sack? lol

lol no am seriouse thats what happened .

using exhaust manifold wrap on your intake LOL !!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links