Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scared Of Lift?!

myromeo

This is silly I know,

My car is currently producing about 200bhp before lift comes in jumping to close to 265bhp after lift kicks in, the power I get going from 3000-6000 is mind blowing, pulls incredibly strong but here is the thing, I hit lift and all hell breaks loose! Absolutely AMAZING!

As an idea here is a dyno to represent the approximate power delivery, its not 100% accurate but gets the point across!

estimatedengineoutputwithprogcon-1.jpg

for anyone wanting some crazy power I can highly recommend the wizards of nos kits! Not cheap but my god so impressive!

:D still buzzing from quick drive this morning! :eek:

Your numbers are a bit out .. as your power/torque crossover isn't at 5252 rpm ..

Horsepower = Torque x rpm / 5252

Are you referring to when Lift kicks in?

If so that's at 6,200rpm not 5,252rpm

:huh:

Are you referring to when Lift kicks in?

If so that's at 6,200rpm not 5,252rpm

:huh:

No. Nothing to do with the specific engine, just pure maths.

When you have a graph of power (bhp) and torque (lb.ft), the lines cross at 5252rpm.

Look at the formula.

His cross over at 4600rpm-ish .. means the figures have been tweaked.

more likely I have cocked up the rpm labels when producing this graph, the figures for stock HP are taken from my last dyno session and are 100% accurate, I can not say as much for the scaling!

more likely I have cocked up the rpm labels when producing this graph, the figures for stock HP are taken from my last dyno session and are 100% accurate, I can not say as much for the scaling!

If you know your redline (or at least what it was run to on the dyno), and you know the crossover is at 5252, you could re-scale it :)

ill give it a go :)

edit, sorted the scale :)

anyhow, just to give you an idea :)

Then you'll edit your first post and make me look like a knobber :D

i get scared of lift in 1st and 2nd and my car only maxes at about 190!! Undynoed:/ no idea what it would be like, or how uncontrollable the car would be with another 50% power!

Tell me more about your WON kit.

After i get my Coilovers this may well be my next purchase!!!!

Have a read over m other thread mate, titled something like has anyone broke 300hp In a tsport. Go some details in there,

I'll try post a detailed thread of my exact setup tomorrow, acces is limited to my phone most evenings

I wanna see some in and out of car Videos ..... :thumbsup:

Im currently deciding between NOS and TTE front Bumper as next purchase ..... hmmmmmm

you magic'ed a facelift CTS then LAA?

Nooooo silly, id change headlights as well etc, wouldn't have a FL cos no 5dr .... :P

always one ... :P ;)

All the extras to convert the front into a FL after you have the bumper are as follows (as I know LAA69 is well aware of but thought it might be helpful to others).

All prices are pretty old and knowing Toyota are now more than likely 3 times higher :P

Fog Lamp Surround RH 52127-02140 £6.12 + vat

Fog Lamp surround LH 52127-02150 £6.12 + vat

Fog Lamp RH 81210-02090 £60.83 + vat

Fog Lamp LH 81220-02090 £60.83 + vat

Headlamp RH 81130-02390 £80.02 + vat

Headlamp LH 81170-02390 £80.02 + vat

Badge 75311-02130 £7.98 + vat

Grille 53111-02340 £30.54 + vat

All the extras to convert the front into a FL after you have the bonnet are as follows (as I know LAA69 is well aware of but thought it might be helpful to others).

All prices are pretty old and knowing Toyota are now more than likely 3 times higher :P

Fog Lamp Surround RH 52127-02140 £6.12 + vat

Fog Lamp surround LH 52127-02150 £6.12 + vat

Fog Lamp RH 81210-02090 £60.83 + vat

Fog Lamp LH 81220-02090 £60.83 + vat

Headlamp RH 81130-02390 £80.02 + vat

Headlamp LH 81170-02390 £80.02 + vat

Badge 75311-02130 £7.98 + vat

Grille 53111-02340 £30.54 + vat

Im sure the Bonnet does not need changing ..... they look exactly the same ... :D

You've clearly mis-quoted me in writing. I will be sueing for libel thankyou very much :P

You've clearly mis-quoted me in writing. I will be sueing for libel thankyou very much :P

Got £1.63 you can have as an out of court settlement ..... :P

Got £1.63 you can have as an out of court settlement ..... :P

Well I won't be turning free money down. Gimme gimme gimme! :lol:

265 BHP is class, time for an LSD???

How many NOS runs can a CTS take? Will it have any lasting damage if used properly/sparingly or will a piston melt one day?

my bumper is up in the forsale with all them bits included aparts from the headlights.

my bumper is up in the forsale with all them bits included aparts from the headlights.

I have seen it and was/am almost tempted, but its not the TTE, whilst cheaper, again not the TTE .... ;)

set up correctly and using a good make of kit there should be no issues at all running the nitrous. I am yet to know of anyone using this kit and causing damage as a direct result (excluding people who take it too far!)

As for an LSD, the stock ts could do with one never mind one on nitrous!

that said, in a straight line it is absolutely spot on, no traction issues at all :) I am very happy with it so far, really happy!

Im absolutely knackered this morning, any specif questions feel free to ask but I dont know how well an answer I can put together!