Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Chip Tuning Kit From Lindop Toyota

Parts-King

For some time we have been testing a tuning kit for our T180 range of cars

We can now confirm they are on the shelf and ready for sale!

Just a little information about the quality of our kits

As you may know all of our kits for the otherToyota models work over the injectors beacuse on the non D Cat models

the Denso rail pressure already runs very high and fitting a rail pressure kit may make the car feel a tad sharper and smoother but I challenge anyone to run their car with a rail pressure kit on a dyno against ours with the injector kit , I guarantee ours will give exactly the quoted performance or better and I would also guarantee the rail box from eBay will not have more than about 7-9 bhp increase and sometimes not even that ! So try getting your money refunded when you have your dyno run showing 5bhp you will have no chance with an eBay trader. On the T180 most of the kits spoken about on the forum plug into the rail sensor as does ours, the problem is these cars are fitted with Piezo injectors and a particulate filter so all these tuning boxes in time will start to block the particulate filter which is very costly, increasing the fuelling on these cars which will increase smoke which the particulate filter catches but it can't cope with large amounts and

blocks up, the only way to stop this is by increasing boost pressure to force more air through the engine which keeps the filter from blocking, this is where it becomes very complicated to alter two different parameters fuelling and boost pressure at the same time , none of the kits on eBay will do this they are not capable of it. So what you will

have in the near to medium future is lots of people ordering new particulate filters(DCats)

Also I absolutely guarantee that its not possible to get 215 bhp with a kit only connected only to the fuel rail sensor , the company we deal with in Germany tested this thoroughly and the maximum you can acheive is about 203 bhp before the car goes into limp mode , I challenge anyone to dyno their car with a cheap auction site box, I am confident they will get a shock , most probably won't even break 200 bhp Ive seen some making 185!!With the kit we supply they will produce 212 bhp and not need a particulate filter in a few months .At the end of the day you get what you pay for the reason the cheap

boxes can't run fuel and boost together is that they are not microprocessor controlled, the photos shown in the thread of a kit broken apart do show a circuit board but one just covered in resistors, even the chip shown is not a processor, this is better than some but still just glorified resistors in a box . This also would never run an injector kit as they also need a processor to carefully and accurately time the injection pulses

To place an order, send me a PM message with a phone number and I will call you, price deliverd to any UK mainland address is £375

Kingo :thumbsup:

Lovely KINGO.... just need the other £20k to buy the T180 RAV now....or SR180 as they are known now..... :) :)

You have plenty of money Chatters, go get yer flexible friend out or go and put a wad on a new un :D:

I am due a service shortly Kingo any chance i can have a 212 bhp rav as a courtesy car please :drool::drool: joking aside does my chip do all that? + do you know what bhp the 140 d4d with chip achieves..

Also, Get your money out Chatters you know you can afford one :D incidently i was in Maccess today + they had some 70 mm chrome exhaust trims in think Chatters you said yours was a 65mm so should fit, anyhow Ive got one if you want it.. Will put another £50 on the P.Ex price when you trade it in against that 212bhp SR 180 sorry SR210.. :thumbsup:

L_H Yours is not quite such a complicated tuning box as the T180/SR180 boxes, but it works in a similar way, changing the injector opening times and is microprocessor controlled for superb performance, yours will increase to around 165BHP ish!

Bomber06: The effect of the tuning boxes is that you need less throttle to provide the same amount of power, so when you get used to your extra power available, you tend to use lighter throttle settings, therefore saving on fuel, of course if you continue to thrash the car around with your new found power, you are not going to save any fuel, in reality, you tend to use the extra power for a week or two, then find you can use those lighter throttle settings which will save you a few quid

Hi Kingo,

Thanks for the I-pod interface it works well and only cost £10 to fit at an car audio shop I visit.

I now am considering the chip and want to know how easy it is to fit.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Hi Kingo,

Thanks for the I-pod interface it works well and only cost £10 to fit at an car audio shop I visit.

I now am considering the chip and want to know how easy it is to fit.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Hi Mereside, I don,t know if the T180 chip is the same to fit as mine, but from where you are why not nip over to queensferry one sat morning as I did + let Lindop fit it, It will only take you about an hour going + 45mins driving back, with a big grin on your face.. :thumbsup:

The tuning box will take no more than 30 minutes turn around, the increase in torque is 60 NM

the increase in torque is 60 NM

Cheese n Crisps!!

What does that knock the 0-60 down to?

212bhp... 460nm of Torque...

That's an epic Engine... would make the Auris f00kin fly and would certainly make the Rav4 even more of a beast :E

And you've defo run these for a long time with no problems? Are there any increased service costs associated with these? Or can the cars carry on being serviced at the normal intervals and to the respective standards? :)

We have been running the chip kits for a few years now with NO extra service intervals or problems. The T180 is a new kit, but it has been extensivly tested in Germany and we have had one on one of our cars for a while now with no issues

If they produced any problems......we wouldnt sell them! ....simple as that really, the last thing I need is for them to come back faulty or causing any issuses

I have now had the chip kit delivered within 24hrs from Parts King.... excellent service as usual.

The fitting instructions are spot on and the klt was fitted in less than 20 mins.

I have had a short drive and the driveability is very good and smooth. It may be me but the engine sounds more diesely than usual but the drive is very good and the engine smooth and strong through the rev range.

I would tend to agree that you get what you pay for as the car feels standard, only better if you get my drift.

Thanks Parts King

Mereside

EDIT:

These kits are really good, you dont have to take my word for it, buy one from me and if you dont like it I WILL OFFER A 14 DAY MONEY BACK PROMISE, so for all of you who have been waiting to buy one, now is the time. I have some in stock and more on order, most people will get one within 24 hours

Some might like to know that during the development of this kit, it was possible to boost to 230BHP and 105 NM of torque :eek: but to run the kits withing safe limits it was decided to limit it to 60NM of torque :D:

Thanks for the testimonial Mereside :thumbsup:

I have now had the chip kit delivered within 24hrs from Parts King.... excellent service as usual.

The fitting instructions are spot on and the klt was fitted in less than 20 mins.

I have had a short drive and the driveability is very good and smooth. It may be me but the engine sounds more diesely than usual but the drive is very good and the engine smooth and strong through the rev range.

I would tend to agree that you get what you pay for as the car feels standard, only better if you get my drift.

Thanks Parts King

Mereside

The diesel clatter is probably the result of the rapid change in cylinder pressure which happens as combustion begins. The noise can be affected by injector timing, rate of injection and turbo boost. So it is possible what you hear is caused by the extra injection / boost etc.

Good to hear the chip is working well, i need to get mine sorted when i get back off me holidays :)

Dyno graph for T180 The graph is German, so are the tuning kits :thumbsup:

277419226_o.jpg

One of my earlier posts said torque was 60NM, that should of course read, an INCREASE of 60NM torque

Doesn't the chart show ~500 Nm torque, which is an increase of 100 Nm? (Indeed, doesn't the Leistungsdaten say 504.4 Nm?)

And peak PS is 230.8, which is 226.8 bhp (UK)?

If my T180 was out of warranty, I'd be down to get one. 18 months to go...

The chart does indeed show that, BUT the production units have been set to a safe level of 60NM so they will perform without any hitches

Doesn't the chart show ~500 Nm torque, which is an increase of 100 Nm? (Indeed, doesn't the Leistungsdaten say 504.4 Nm?)

And peak PS is 230.8, which is 226.8 bhp (UK)?

If my T180 was out of warranty, I'd be down to get one. 18 months to go...

I really struggle to understand why you would wait till your car is out of warranty, you fit it yourself or a competent garage, you get a problem (which you won't) you remove it + report problem to Mr T car is repaired under warranty, you refit chip if you wish, alternately you wait till warranty expires you fit the chip you get a problem, "your on your own," What problems do you think you might have, + why do you think they won't be covered, only problems caused directly by the fitting of the chip may be void if they know you have ever had one fitted which they won't unless you tell them.. :thumbsup:

The micro processor controlled chip boxes are NOT like the cheap eBay alternatives. They are made to make precise changes to your cars fuel system, something a cheap resistor type of box cannot do, I offer a full 14 day money back offer if for some reason you are not fully satisfied

I have now done 500 miles with mine and consumption has dropped 1/2 mpg over that time. The car drives much nicer with the chip and if anything it is now smoother through the rev range. No problems with the kit and so far I can't find a downside.

One thing that I notice more than any other improvement is the pick up when I am on the motorway at 60-65 in 6th gear and accellerate. It is the extra low down grunt that this unit gives that makes gear changes unnecessary onn the motorway to get past slower traffic.

I'm a convert.

Most people will see an improvement on MPG over time, when you get used to the kit and make use of the lighter throttle settings, Thanks for the feedback Mereside :thumbsup:

Kingo, this is just Lindop isn't it, not an official Toyota part?

I ask partly for warranty and partly as I can't easily drive to you from the bottom of the Iberian peninsula... :)

I ask partly for warranty and partly as I can't easily drive to you from the bottom of the Iberian peninsula... :)

Hi

This kit is not made by Toyota, so is not an official Toyota part, however they are a quality product made in Germany and have TUV approval in Germany too. We can post the product worldwide. We take credit cards, and TT Bank, we also take PayPal, however there will be a small surcharge on PayPal due to the very high costs involved

Hi

This kit is not made by Toyota, so is not an official Toyota part, however they are a quality product made in Germany and have TUV approval in Germany too. We can post the product worldwide. We take credit cards, and TT Bank, we also take PayPal, however there will be a small surcharge on PayPal due to the very high costs involved

This might help Toyota sport concept car 204bhp + 450nm of torque.. I wonder how they have achieved that.. :unsure:

http://www.netcarshow.com/toyota/2006-rav4_sports_concept/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links