Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Diy Oil Change

benchan

I've looked at the "Self service on Aygo" section and it looks to me like Aygo doesn't have a "drainage plug" for the engine oil - just unscrew the oil filter and that's it the oil drains. Am I correct?

Cheers.

Get an oil extracor (like the Pela 6000) and you will never again do a messy or fiddly oil change again in your life.

Where exactly does one get rid of the oil? Take it to a dump? Is there an envirometally friendly way to dispose of the oil?

Where does the vacuum part got to suck out the old oil?

Where exactly does one get rid of the oil? Take it to a dump? Is there an envirometally friendly way to dispose of the oil?

Where does the vacuum part got to suck out the old oil?

Nearly all public amenity tips have a place to empty out you old oil.

Here's a link to the pela pumps

http://www.pelapumps.co.uk/

• 1 year later...

hi guys

great stuff here

I might be able to convert my garden sprayer into a vacuum pump? and dip the hose down the dip stick hole?

worth a try, will post results

Agree with Geriatric. Draining the oil out the sump plug will get rid of the old oil better especially when it's warm as it will be less viscous. Just make sure it's not too hot, and don't over tighten the sump plug when refitting.

You can buy containers in motor factors(e.g. Halfords) that are designed to be placed under the car to catch the oil and then can be easily sealed and carried to your local recycling/disposal central for emptying.

• 8 years later...

AYGO Oil Change, 2014 petrol model.

I bought 4 Litres Magnatec Stop-Start 5W-30 Engine Oil from eurocarparts for £28.19, part number 521773421.

I bought an Oil Filter Wrench from bluespot.uk.com for £5.77, part number 07002.

I bought a Crossland Oil Filter from eurocarparts.com for £2.63, part number 501820018.

I bought a Guide Pro Sump Plug & Washer from eurocarparts.com  for £2.64, part number 333730121.

All Good - MAY 2019. Sheffield UK.

1 hour ago, AygoX2 said:

I bought 4 Litres Magnatec Stop-Start 5W-30 Engine Oil from eurocarparts

The preferred oil is 0W-20.

The Aygo is probably the last 'new' car that you can do a full service yourself without any issues. The drain plug is there, it isn't covered by a shroud or anything, it's just a simple case of loosening the nut and dropping it especially after the engine has been run so that the oil is lovely and warm. You get most of it out that way. And then the oil filter wrench is one of the best tools ever. I remember the first time I did an oil change and never had it, and tried to undo it by hand. It was awful.

As for oil, @FROSTYBALLS is right the preferred oil for the Aygo is 0W-20. However, PSA (Peugeot/Citroen) state 5W-30, and as far as I know the engine is the same across all versions of the car. So personally I don't think there's an issue. I would though recommend Petronas Syntium oil, I've put it in mine and it's still a lovely golden colour even after a year of driving it.

Then again one can get the Petronas Syntium 7000 0W-20 from Amazon and eBay for around £22 - cheaper than the Magnatec mentioned.

Asda currently have the Stop/Start Magnetec 5W30 for £24

Having used 5W30 Magnetec at my last service back in February I'm still feeling the engine has an overall smoothness (an indefinable something) that that it didn't have before. I'm also acutely aware when saying this of something that in my profession (electronics) that we call 'Experimenter Expectation' where someone changes something and immediately reports some profound change that defies logic, however if put to a blind test would not be discernible by that person. 

I feel the change with going to a 5W30 grade is subtle but that the change has stood the test of time... it consistently has this 'feel good' factor. MPG has to be worse but does not seem noticeably so... perhaps a percentage point or less I would say. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links