Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power Flow Exhaust Are They Any Good

wyldeSR

My local dealer offer a single exit blitz replica exhaust for half the pirce of £280

fitted.

are they any benefits from single exit exhaust or is it just cosmetic

i have had power flow before, they do nice custom jobs

just wanted to know if anyone has got one and are happy with it

cheer's wylde sr

Single or double?? Depends on the car I suppose, as mentioned before for a NA car, backpressure is your friend to a certain extent, lack of it may result in poor torque at low revs, but too much restricts power at high revs. I would say its mainly cosmetic and yo wont notice the difference unless yo are at track days every weekend.

Personally, I think Powerflow are crap, well thats the opinion of my local franchise. The quality tollerence is different with every dealer, just down to the person doing the work. They are supposed to use min 304 grade SS, but I reckon they skimp where possible at my local as I have seen rust starting around the welds on some of my friends cars.

One good thing though, they do offer a lifetime guarantee, so if it starts to rattle off the axle or blow out they will fix it at no cast.

Value for money wise, I suppose they are pretty good.

Powerflow are decent value for money and can sound pretty nice. However, I've heard they are crap for performance because of the way the pipes bend, they can sometimes actually hinder gas flow. I'd go for an extensively tested off the shelf job everytime.

I've heard about 75% horror stories about powerflow .. be VERY careful ..

I've heard about 75% horror stories about powerflow .. be VERY careful ..

my custom job for my Celica was spot on...

but then i have since heard !Removed! stories as well... :huh:

Which dealer is doing it?? some are better than others, £280 sounds suspiciously cheap for a custom power flow system, be aware of cowboys!!!

Personally I think they suck, the actual pipe work is very low quality stainless steel (if stainless at all), I've heard they only use mild steel for the pipes and stainless boxes.

They wreck your old exhaust for the flanges as they are too cheap to make their own.

They don't mandrel bend the pipes, so instead of having a continous internal diameter you have the pipes bent to fit with significant decrease in diameter.

I just don't like them, as said they vary with dealer ships but even with the best of them I would reccomend buying a decent named exhaust fro reputable dealer. £280 does sound very cheap, especially for a MR2.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links