Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Silence

Bizarra

Does anyone remember that towards the end of last year the Hadron Collider thingy which was to smash electrons [?] into each other at nearly the speed of light was run, and failed due to some parts melting down, or so the story was put out.

It was to be repaired & rerun early this year, if I remember correctly :unsure:

It seems to have totally dropped out of the news. At least I have heard or read nothing about it.

I wonder if we got the true story, being cynical & doubting all Official Statements from Government bodies, Scientific Bodies etc. We only hear what is good for us.

At least, they didn't create a Black Hole, coz we are still here. :lol:

Does anyone know anything ?

Or are we still here? Maybe it created a black hole and we were all sucked in to an alternate universe but have no memory of it. man that'd be weird.. haha.

I find it weird not being able to remember when I fall asleep...

I have no news on it, but you can gurantee now that you've mentioned it in public somewhere, you'll hear about it. Always the way!

Good point about the LHC....

Maybe they are keeping wuiet as it was a colossal embarrasment!

NO NO it did work fine but what the various government scientists and officials forgot to ask when they bought it for 200 squillion quid was will it work twice ? ANS not unless you buy another one

I have no news on it, but you can gurantee now that you've mentioned it in public somewhere, you'll hear about it. Always the way!

That was before the global recession, its probably been mothballed.

Should have looked before I posted :( Sorry

Large Hadron Collider

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

"LHC" redirects here. For other uses, see LHC (disambiguation).

Coordinates: 46°14′N 06°03′E / 46.233°N 6.05°E / 46.233; 6.05

Large Hadron Collider

(LHC)

LHC experiments

ATLAS A Toroidal LHC Apparatus

CMS Compact Muon Solenoid

LHCb LHC-beauty

ALICE A Large Ion Collider Experiment

TOTEM Total Cross Section, Elastic Scattering and Diffraction Dissociation

LHCf LHC-forward

LHC preaccelerators

p and Pb Linear accelerators for protons (Linac 2) and Lead (Linac 3)

(not marked) Proton Synchrotron Booster

PS Proton Synchrotron

SPS Super Proton Synchrotron

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is the world's largest and highest-energy particle accelerator, intended to collide opposing particle beams, of either protons at an energy of 7 TeV per particle, or lead nuclei at an energy of 574 TeV per nucleus. The Large Hadron Collider was built by the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) with the intention of testing various predictions of high-energy physics, including the existence of the hypothesized Higgs boson[1] and of the large family of new particles predicted by supersymmetry.[2] It lies in a tunnel 27 kilometres (17 mi) in circumference, as much as 175 metres (570 ft) beneath the Franco-Swiss border near Geneva, Switzerland. It is funded by and built in collaboration with over 10,000 scientists and engineers from over 100 countries as well as hundreds of universities and laboratories.[3]

On 10 September 2008, the proton beams were successfully circulated in the main ring of the LHC for the first time.[4] On 19 September 2008, the operations were halted due to a serious fault between two superconducting bending magnets.[5] Due to the time required to repair the resulting damage and to add additional safety features, the LHC is scheduled to be operational in October 2009. [6] [7]

So the world will end in October 2009 now? :lol:

Wait to see what happens I suppose!

2012 according to the Mayan Calendar & Nostradamus, but they are allowed to be a couple of years out :unsure: It didn't worry them :lol2: :blowup:

:lol:

Oh dear. There's something to look forward to and be cheerful about!

Another two years....as long as I get to drive my car when finished, I don't care when the world ends. :lol: :lol:

I may need to work a bit faster..... :unsure:

Does anyone remember that towards the end of last year the Hadron Collider thingy which was to smash electrons [?] into each other at nearly the speed of light was run, and failed due to some parts melting down, or so the story was put out.

It was to be repaired & rerun early this year, if I remember correctly :unsure:

It seems to have totally dropped out of the news. At least I have heard or read nothing about it.

I wonder if we got the true story, being cynical & doubting all Official Statements from Government bodies, Scientific Bodies etc. We only hear what is good for us.

At least, they didn't create a Black Hole, coz we are still here. :lol:

Does anyone know anything ?

Yeh, i remember

Hi victor, yeh remember it well , as you have said its all gone quiet now , found this on youtube , could'nt watch it all the way through though , cos it bored me to tears :crybaby::lol:

I also found this , much more interesting , it certainly concentrates the mind , i'm now thinking of all the things i can cram in , in the next three years before the world ends :fear::lol: :lol2: on the 21.12 2012 :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAtgPaggeTM...feature=related

Thanks for those, Dave. :D

I did watch the 1st all the way through, though it was all double Dutch to me. The interesting thing is that I have just finished Dan Browne's "Angels & Demons" & was amazed to find that CERN does exist, & that the book is based on scientific possibility. It was that book which reminded me of the absence of news on the LHC.

The 2nd video is food for thought. :( Too many of the Ancient Prophecies have been accurate, already, & for a large number to concentrate on that date is worrying.

I don't for one moment think that the world will end, but it could be that Humanity's time is drawing to an end. The entire system of food production & distribution is a house of cards, & if it topples, there will be mass starvation.

Make the most of the time we have left :unsure: Go out & get drunk & get laid as often as you can & why worry about smoking ? :lol:

If you are interested, try this site http://www.december212012.com/

I did watch the 1st all the way through, though it was all double Dutch to me. The interesting thing is that I have just finished Dan Browne's "Angels & Demons" & was amazed to find that CERN does exist, & that the book is based on scientific possibility. It was that book which reminded me of the absence of news on the LHC.

The 2nd video is food for thought. :( Too many of the Ancient Prophecies have been accurate, already, & for a large number to concentrate on that date is worrying.

I don't for one moment think that the world will end, but it could be that Humanity's time is drawing to an end. The entire system of food production & distribution is a house of cards, & if it topples, there will be mass starvation.

Make the most of the time we have left :unsure: Go out & get drunk & get laid as often as you can & why worry about smoking ? :lol:

No worries mate , but who's dave ??? :unsure: , as for getting drunk , my wife has done just that , she got some really bad news at work thismorning , then went to the pub at midday to drown her sorrows , i got a call from a work colleague of hers at 6.30pm to say that i should come and collect her as she was in a bit of a state , i'd only been at work for an hour and a half , so i wasn't best pleased , she's on the sofa now clinging to it for dear life :lol: and i can't shift her :lol: looks like she'll be spending the night on it :rolleyes:

No worries mate , but who's dave ??? :unsure: , as for getting drunk , my wife has done just that , she got some really bad news at work thismorning , then went to the pub at midday to drown her sorrows , i got a call from a work colleague of hers at 6.30pm to say that i should come and collect her as she was in a bit of a state , i'd only been at work for an hour and a half , so i wasn't best pleased , she's on the sofa now clinging to it for dear life :lol: and i can't shift her :lol: looks like she'll be spending the night on it :rolleyes:

Sorry Balli :( I thought someone referred to you as Dave in a past post [not this topic]

So, Dave was supposed to be you & apparently wasn't :lol::oops:

It will create black holes, but they will not be big enough to stabalise. We are nowhere near the energy levels needed to create a long lasting black hole and we don't have enough mass on earth either.

2012 according to the Mayan Calendar & Nostradamus, but they are allowed to be a couple of years out :unsure: It didn't worry them :lol2: :blowup:

The Myans never said it would end then. Nostradamus made loads of pathetic predictions so vague that it didn't matter.

They just didn't bother to carry on their dates after that (they had to stop somewhere).

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=6143

Would be like people saying the World would end on 9999 (as out calenders don't bother going to 01/01/10000).

It was just due to their denominators when calculating days.

The Myans never said it would end then. Nostradamus made loads of pathetic predictions so vague that it didn't matter.

They just didn't bother to carry on their dates after that (they had to stop somewhere).

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=6143

Would be like people saying the World would end on 9999 (as out calenders don't bother going to 01/01/10000).

It was just due to their denominators when calculating days.

I hope to reply to you on 22/12/2012 :Jumpy: :lol2:

Don't we all? :lol:

Don't we all? :lol:

Not me, I'll be drunk and on my Xmas holidays .. ;)

Who cares, as long as it doesn't end in my life time! (Although I'd enjoy some form of post apocolyptic Mad Max Scenario. - Maybe firing up the LHC is a gateway to this.)

I remember how they were going to start it, but someone tried to sabotage it by putting beer bottles inside some of the mechanisms. :lol: :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links