Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Conditioning

ang.cas

Does anyone else think the air conditioning unit in the IQ2 automatic is very noisy?

In the recent hot weather I have resorted to turning the air con off and opening the passenger window in order to hear myself think. Also why does the recirculation mode come on automatically?

Does anyone else think the air conditioning unit in the IQ2 automatic is very noisy?

I can honestly say I have not -- I don't think it is noisey

In the recent hot weather I have resorted to turning the air con off and opening the passenger window in order to hear myself think. Also why does the recirculation mode come on automatically?

Because, as with all air con, it works best in a sealed room/environment where all efforts are put into cooling the same air -- introducing new air (via a window, or air from outside) makes it less effective

I find it no more noisy than the one in my old Yaris. :unsure:

Do you have it set permanantly on the low setting? Try turning it to 16C, the fan is always on full in the low position.

Because it is 'climate control' air con, the car will use the fan and re-circulation as it sees fit in order to stay at the desired temperature. :rolleyes:

I find it no more noisy than the one in my old Yaris. :unsure:

Do you have it set permanantly on the low setting? Try turning it to 16C, the fan is always on full in the low position.

I hadn't noticed it being noisy at all. I always use on the low setting as thought that would be best, will see if there is any difference at 16c ! There now I will probaby notice it being noisy all the time - lol

The only reason I turn it off, even with the fan on lowest setting, is that it gets toooooo cold !

only notice it noisy on auto as the fan comes on full blast initially, just cut it down to about 2 for quiet coolness :)

(aircon FTW) B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links