Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Explain Lowering

OneKiwi

Got a few Qs

suspension parts are:

springs

shocks

casing that holds it all together

Right?

Im thinking about lowering my 02 t sport

Qs are

springs I get its just swap out the existing with lower new ones

but won't the shocks then be prone to wear more? raising the Q should I get new shocks as well?

Coil overs are these whole sets with springs shocks and everything to hold it together?

take it spring swap will be the cheapest then shocks then the whole lot

Hi, springs are ok to lower by a small amount (30-40mm) and slight improvement to roadholding. if bigger drop is needed, prob need springs and shorter stiffer shox! uprated shox can do a reasonable job for not too many beer tokens, then, ciolovers, stiffer springs, etc do a better job for bigger outlay! i fitted Koni dial a ride shox, front and back.. front ones can be softened/stiffened ON the car, with a tool supplied, the rears have to be removed, adjusted and re-fitted! if this is too fiddly, get 'em set to a medium setting and leave 'em as this is still better then Toyota pogo-stick springs! price is not too bad, either, from motorsport world, if i remember right!

thanks heaps for the reply.. so it looks like ill go for shocks.

got any price ideas or places I can buy?

Is there a DIY guide on here for swaping them?

i got mine from motorsport, or motorsport world? try googling it! or eBay, etc. swapping them may be a pain if you no nowt... try a few local service shops as they may change 'em for you for about a hundred notes... most will!

i got mine from motorsport, or motorsport world? try googling it! or eBay, etc. swapping them may be a pain if you no nowt... try a few local service shops as they may change 'em for you for about a hundred notes... most will!

iv just had some pi sports springs fitted, lowers the car 40mm, iv found its improved the handling significantly and only cost £112 from potn.com with free delivery. lowering is an easy job and could be done yourself no problem if you read up about it first. hope this helps :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links