Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Engine Performance

kenopps

Hello,

I'm from Singapore. I would like to get some feedback regarding the engine performance for iQ as its not able to test drive in my country. Do you feel its adequate or underpowered? Appreciate if the pals here can help. Many thanks.

Tis adequate although you do have to think more about everything you are doing ie; when approaching hills, overtaking etc so you can select correct gear/speed for manoeuvres as you can experience an extreme lack of power at a bad moment. It reminds me a lot of driving an original Mini, a drivers car. But beware when you do floor it or do a steady 80mph your fuel consumption is scary :o

Jaine

Thanks everybody for your inputs. Btw, here, we will be getting the jap iQ :) So, no 1.33 version is available for us. luckily, the 1L is enough.

The only time I've had a problem is when slowed down by cyclists ( :angry: ) while driving up a steep hill. :rolleyes: Other than that, it surprises most people. ;)

Mine's a CVT. :rolleyes:

The 'box works fine. Smooth and easy and never gets caught out.

Great fun in the sport mode too, but keep an eye on that fuel gauge! :o

is the default drive in sport mode unless eco is selected?

Mine's a CVT. :rolleyes:

The 'box works fine. Smooth and easy and never gets caught out.

Great fun in the sport mode too, but keep an eye on that fuel gauge! :o

In drive the eco mode is on as default, but push the lever sideways into 'S' and eco mode is switched off. :drool:

I don't have an 'eco' button there though. My eco mode is accessed through the mode button next to the clock set. :unsure:

been on a long trip today three up (all adults) no problems easily get upto 70mph hills not a problem even over took so I would say 1l engine is enough power fuel consumption did suffer a bit though 55 ish to the gallon can live with that.

1.0l : It's quite enough for town but a littl short to enter and on the highway.

1.4 d4d is fine everywhere.

1.0l : It's quite enough for town but a littl short to enter and on the highway.

1.4 d4d is fine everywhere.

I dont agree with that statement it is good for both town and the open road

Mine's really good on the open road. :rolleyes:

Once the speed has built up, I have no trouble with overtaking and cruising at speeds that I wouldn't dare mention on this forum. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links