Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of A Project Car...

-T- Sport

Hello!

I'm considering getting myself a project car to play with. Not something I have to do too much cosmeticly on but something I can just play with in general.

While browsing through MR2s, I found This one.

I was abit supprised at the price, but at the bottom of the article there's a quote.. "Engine needs Attention".

What typically goes wrong on these engines? or could it just be it's in need of a good service?

I'm not commiting to buying anything yet, just browsing. Just want some facts before I do go diving in to things.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Hello!

I'm considering getting myself a project car to play with. Not something I have to do too much cosmeticly on but something I can just play with in general.

I was abit supprised at the price, but at the bottom of the article there's a quote.. "Engine needs Attention".

What typically goes wrong on these engines? or could it just be it's in need of a good service?

I'm not commiting to buying anything yet, just browsing. Just want some facts before I do go diving in to things.

Its cheap for a rev 3 , you could pick up another engine for around £400 if its that bad

If I did have to pick up an engine, I'd end up just going for a Turbo.

The only reason i'm not looking for a Turbo atm, is due to my postcode giving me stupid quotes, or none at all.

Turbo, meh, Get a Beams twin VVTi and put it on throttle bodies... less power but more of it in a suable range and instant throttle response for "corrective" power ;)

I cancy an MR2 project as well lol... or another mkiii supra...

Key.... buy an MR2 then do an engine swap with your CTS...

MR2 gains a 209bhp engine.... with Lift ;)

:thumbsup:

Key.... buy an MR2 then do an engine swap with your CTS...

MR2 gains a 209bhp engine.... with Lift ;)

:thumbsup:

Then strap a baby seat to the T-Bar :lol: :P

Sounds like a Plan. lol.

Maybe I'll try and squeeze a 2JZ in here... o.o;

2jz no....

1UZ yes. (and its been done lol)

• 1 month later...
Hello!

What a supprise. Pimping your own car again ..

Are you a paid member? No.

Can you sell things on here then? No.

Well in fairness it's not my car. And I thought I was a member? I got one of those little bronze card things. And it's surprise not supprise.

Well in fairnes it's not my car.

We know, it's your brothers. That's even worse, as you are selling on behalf of someone else.

Not my rules. But the ones that are enforced.

No payment, no advert.

Sorry for posting the link for the car. It's not mine so I get nothing out of it. No need to bash me for it. The guy is looking for a project, I thought he might be interested. No big deal. Geez some people have too much to say sometimes.

Blunt. Such a friendly little community this. Bl**** busy bodies.

Usually the engines are reliable. Especially in GE guise.

They are so comon now I'd not go for a lemon as a "fixer upper" to be honest. Get one that is sorted from the start.

Keep up with the oil changes and swap the cambelt, water pump etc every 60k and it should be fine.

It's not the engines that are a problem now days, it's the rust that is starting to appear on the older UK cars.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links