Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Leak

ron1157

one of my tinted fixed rear/side windows leaks every times it rains cant see anything obvious with the rubber seal. can i buy a new seal anywhere if so any advise on replacing it :( :(

one of my tinted fixed rear/side windows leaks every times it rains cant see anything obvious with the rubber seal. can i buy a new seal anywhere if so any advise on replacing it :( :(

Hi Ron

If the rubber seal looks OK from the outside then you may need to re-seal under the rubber.... You will need to peel back the plastic side panel on the inside of the rear(be careful as the little plastic lugs tend to break off) all around the glass you'll find there are approx 6 or 8 studs with 10mm nuts on them, You'll need to undo these and carefully pull out the window with no nuts you'll find that it's held in with a thick black sticky sealer(this gets everywhere and is a pain to get off) Clean off all the sealer with thinners or some chemical cleaner. the best stuff to put it back in with is clear silicon as this has more adhesion that coloured sealers.Hopefully this should cure your problem.

Regards

Paul

Hi Ron

If the rubber seal looks OK from the outside then you may need to re-seal under the rubber.... You will need to peel back the plastic side panel on the inside of the rear(be careful as the little plastic lugs tend to break off) all around the glass you'll find there are approx 6 or 8 studs with 10mm nuts on them, You'll need to undo these and carefully pull out the window with no nuts you'll find that it's held in with a thick black sticky sealer(this gets everywhere and is a pain to get off) Clean off all the sealer with thinners or some chemical cleaner. the best stuff to put it back in with is clear silicon as this has more adhesion that coloured sealers.Hopefully this should cure your problem.

Regards

Paul

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links