Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Central Locking

clogger

hello

I recently had a connecting cable on the drivers side door catch on my 54 reg yaris D4D replaced by my local toyota dealer. previously when depressing the lock button on the drivers side door (the one near the window ) both doors locked plus the boot ie the central locking system operates. since the job was completed this doesnt work. not a major fault i know as you can just press the button near the window operating button and the doors still lock. its just a bit annoying that the dealer took the view that pressing the button near the window on the drivers side does not operate the central locking system and its not designed to do so. Im sure that it did work like that before though could anyone with a yaris thats got central locking, try pressing the drivers side door locking button and see if i was imagining it ,or the dealer is taking the proverbial! Last time the door latch came detached it was under warranty and it took them three attempts to fix it .

Yo, Clogger,

I've just been out to check what mine does. Bear in mind it's a 2009 model.

The equivalent of your lock button in mine is the red lock rocker built into the handle. See pic (I photo'd the passenger side because the light was better but it's the same on the driver's side):

post-16278-1247771654_thumb.jpg

This does NOT lock all my doors, only locks the door it is built into.

Like you say, if I press the switch with the padlock icon on it then everything locks:

post-16278-1247771840_thumb.jpg

So, if the dealer was describing my car then what he's saying would be correct.

Can't say for sure on a 54 reg but sounds like there's a possibility he's telling it like it is.

Good luck,

Mick

hello

I recently had a connecting cable on the drivers side door catch on my 54 reg yaris D4D replaced by my local toyota dealer. previously when depressing the lock button on the drivers side door (the one near the window ) both doors locked plus the boot ie the central locking system operates. since the job was completed this doesnt work. not a major fault i know as you can just press the button near the window operating button and the doors still lock. its just a bit annoying that the dealer took the view that pressing the button near the window on the drivers side does not operate the central locking system and its not designed to do so. Im sure that it did work like that before though could anyone with a yaris thats got central locking, try pressing the drivers side door locking button and see if i was imagining it ,or the dealer is taking the proverbial! Last time the door latch came detached it was under warranty and it took them three attempts to fix it .

If it worked before, soumds like they bodged the job! get 'em to do it again. preperly! it should lock everything, also, a slight turn of the drivers door key should unlock only the driver's door, a full twist of the key opening all doors/boot! Can't do that with the plip! :)

• 1 month later...

it will not lock any other door apart from that door, thats y theres a master lock switch next to the window switches. that catch lock only has a metal wire going to the doors main lock to keep it locked other people caqn still get out of other doors.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links