Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Potential Owner Queries - Tonneau Cover - Whats The Point?

0161coop

So you're on your way home from work and you decide to stop at the supermarket - what do you do with your laptop and gym bag to stop the scummers from smashing the back window and helping themselves? No they won't fit in the gap between the rear seats and the hatchback door, and putting the cover on doesn't hide anything from view if you look in through the windscreen.

Or

You're on your way home from work and somebody steps out in front of you so you slam on the brakes narrowly missing them - how do you stop your laptop/ gym bag/ dog/ golf clubs smacking you round the back of the head?

Love the car but without some sort of covered storage its just not practical here in the car crime capital. A more substantial cover with a vertical element to fill the gap should at least be an option.

Also

Where do you keep your cd's and where does the jack live?

I stuff my laptop down behind the passenger seat. No one can see it there, and the worst that can happen is for it to slide underneath. :rolleyes:

I keep a CD full of mp3 files in the drive, and plug my i-pod in when necessary.

oh, and jack lives round the corner from me. :rolleyes:

Maybe just get a bigger car that carries all your stuff. My laptop fits just fine in the gap behind the seats so maybe you got a shorter iQ? As for golf clubs :lol2:

Its not the amount of space thats the problem its having to leave stuff on display. If you leave a bag on view some bugger is going to break the window which means always emptying the car every time you park up.

It just seems such a shame that Toyota haven't even considered this given how much time they seem to have spent on the Yaris boot with the sliding seat thingy. All the IQ needs is a roller blind type affair (£50 at the most) to make it a car you really could use in the city.

Its not the amount of space thats the problem its having to leave stuff on display. If you leave a bag on view some bugger is going to break the window which means always emptying the car every time you park up.

It just seems such a shame that Toyota haven't even considered this given how much time they seem to have spent on the Yaris boot with the sliding seat thingy. All the IQ needs is a roller blind type affair (£50 at the most) to make it a car you really could use in the city.

I decided to install black films on the windows and not to choose a clear color for seat so that people can't see well what's inside the car.

With the cover given when you buy the IQ it seems enough to hide your bag. But it's true that if you put this cover it''s like a message "there is something hidden in the car"...

Anyway you are right to prevent people that would buy it and really need to store things in their car that it won't really be hidden.

I would worry more about the wallys that don't remove the holder for thier sat-navs when they remove it as that is a clear "break in, look what I got" signal. To be honest any car will get broken into if you leave valuables in it. They are a source of transport not a vault! Maybe get an alarm fitted as another put-off?

Round here even a supermarket carrier bag on the back seat is considered fair game as it may posiby contain something of interest even if its just cat food. Alarms don't deter the locals either!

Many thanks for your input everyone

Put something (bag or anything) in the car and glue razorblades on it in an suitable position......... :rolleyes: ............surprise fot the bad people....(only if your unlucky a mess in the car :!Removed!: )

Put something (bag or anything) in the car and glue razorblades on it in an suitable position......... :rolleyes: ............surprise fot the bad people....(only if your unlucky a mess in the car :!Removed!: )

You also have this carjacking south african protection that throw fire on the sides of the car ! :drool:

Probably illigal in Europe? :censor:

I should !Removed! hope so!

Imagine that going off every time a leaf sets an alarm off. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links