Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof Racks/bars

Nadar

I do a fair bit of canoeing and have up to now strapped the boat over the headboard of my double cab on a foam pad with either bow or stern lashed to tow points or lashing points to keep it square, but this unorthodox approach is bothering my canoe buddies and is scratching my paint. Anyone know where to get a cheap or second had Roof Rack for a hilux double cab? (£100+ seems to be a minimum)

Or a single roof bar?

Or any of you devised any mounts for canoes/long loads on top. There are some pretty radical solutions available, especially in the US, with things like T bars that sit on the tow hitch with nylon webbing straps to stabilise them.

Or anyone custom made mounts for a roof bar, that hook into the doors or suchlike?

I do a fair bit of canoeing and have up to now strapped the boat over the headboard of my double cab on a foam pad with either bow or stern lashed to tow points or lashing points to keep it square, but this unorthodox approach is bothering my canoe buddies and is scratching my paint. Anyone know where to get a cheap or second had roof rack for a hilux double cab? (£100+ seems to be a minimum)

Or a single roof bar?

Or any of you devised any mounts for canoes/long loads on top. There are some pretty radical solutions available, especially in the US, with things like T bars that sit on the tow hitch with nylon webbing straps to stabilise them.

Or anyone custom made mounts for a roof bar, that hook into the doors or suchlike?

Hi Nadar

I managed to find a pair of Vauxhall Omega roof rails in my local breakers yard, I also got given the cross bars and mounts for these rails

Toal cost was £10

Cheers

Paul

post-38399-1248536651_thumb.jpg

post-38399-1248536696_thumb.jpg

Hmm, nice job, never thought of going down that route.

Thanks for the food for thought Paul.:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links