Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlight Brightness Problem

phadge

Hi there

My nearside headlight is a lot dimmer than the offside one. I thought it was only a bulb that needs replacing, but it seems to be the same. I have since discovered that when I turn on the dimmed headlight, nothing happens and full beam only produces a faint light (with both the old and new bulbs)

Is there a power problem of some form? Any ideas are appreciated

phadge

Check the fusebox - remove and replace the fuse for the nearside headlight in case its a corroded connection. That's about the only place that the wiring is separate for the left and right sides....

Also, as above, try and see where the black earth wire attaches to the car body near the nearside headlight as that migh be corroded too. Unscrew the earth wire & clean it to ensure a good connection.

If none of that works, thn you're into checking the electrical wiring with a voltmeter...

Turn the lights on with the connector removed and check that you are getting 12v delivered to the headlight bulb connector.

Then use an ohm meter to check the resistancebetween the blaack wire in the connector connector (earth) and the car body. There should be zero resistance...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links