Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Filler Neck On Mk2 Mr2

mk1_salami

Bit of an annoyance with my 2. I wondered if everyone elses MR2 is like this ?! When I fill the car up i have to insert the fuel nozzle at a sort of 90 degree angle to fill the car up, otherwise it just clicks away as if the tank was full.

Anyone else get this?

Yea if I don't get the nozzle at the right angle with mine it just keeps clicking off. &#33;Removed&#33; annoying <_<

Mine too. I cant put the pump nozzle all the way in or it just clicks off all the time.

I find that the only way it will fill up happily is if I put the pump nozzle a quarter of the way in (usually to the first notch on the pump nozzle).

is it an import?

i believe that jap fuel filler necks are different to ours and there is a mod that usually gets put on during the sva.

i think they are some sort of adapter, and reasonably cheap. :thumbsup:

if its a uk model,......dunno matey?

Mine is a Jap car .. never had problems like I used to on my UK NA ..

I find it's usually ok (Import Turbo), however, there are some very picky pumps esp. at BP garages. Shell pumps seem fine as do Esso. I think the Jap cars have wider filler necks anyway.

On my mk2 tubby there was this god awful piece of SVA crap flange insert. Vice grips and some brute force later and I am back to a nice large JDM neck that will let me put diesel in if I want to, but most importantly lets me just stick the Optimax filler nozzle in and pump lots of £££££ into the tank real quick like.

Look alike.

That's funny cuz just like a couple days ago I was filling my car up at the gas station and wondering the exact same thing about the clicking on my nearly empty tank.

my uk mr2 does this. nozzle doesnt go all the way in, and have to get the right angle, annoying more than nething.

i cant rem exactly what every1's car's r, and i'm 2 tired to look rite now, but it seems my rev 1 uk has this prob, and snakes rev3 so no changes between rev's i guess...

also uk tubbys seem to have it 2 (MattMR2Turbo). Ben's rev2 jap tubby doesnt, so maybe its a uk only thing?

This was just on my mind cos i had to fill up b4 i went out :)

nite peeps.

-Z

Think its more to do with the pumps than owt else... Some click and you have to take your time, others just let you bang it in !

Mine's a Jap car.

I can get every nozzle fully into the filler, it must just be the angle of the filler kneck after this that makes the pump think it's full when you're putting it in. Slow pumps are ok but the faster ones always click off for me.

some pumps are ok for me where some just seriously pi*s me off !!

I have to put the fuel in really slowly or it just click off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links