Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Got A Yaris With The New 1.33 Engine?

Gazzagadget

Hi Chaps

I am now considering a new yaris for my wife as the used 09 SR 1.33 for £8995 was a dealer missprint! Anyway I am now thinking of buying a new 5 door Yaris 1.33 TR for £10033 plus £360 for met paint from a broker (***file) and wanted to know how good the new Yaris was compared to the old one.

How much better is the new engine, does it get noiser after a few thousand miles and is it robust?

Does the new 6 speed gear box suffer from similar problems to the 5 speed i.e. difficult to engage or disengage gear.

Does this new 1.33 engine have a similar timing chain cover to the 1.3 that was prone to leaking even when resealed (my 52 plate corolla has never been totally cured,and still has minor oil leak at junction of head, block and timing chain cover, despite two head gasket changes and new timing chain cover).

Its a choice between a Yaris or should I say it, a 5dr Mazda 2 Tamura for £10450

Forget the metallic paint, have the extra air bags and VSC instead. The 1.33 engine is detailed here click and click Its in the Auris Yaris Urban Cruiser and iQ3

The new engine has had excellent reviews in a recent jap mag that reviewed the Urban Cruiser :thumbsup:

Forget the metallic paint, have the extra air bags and VSC instead. The 1.33 engine is detailed here click and click Its in the Auris Yaris Urban Cruiser and iQ3

The new engine has had excellent reviews in a recent jap mag that reviewed the Urban Cruiser :thumbsup:

Thanks Reece, my wife wants the protection pack and met paint, don't think the budget will stretch to the £700 safety pack.

[ive got the new 1,0 tr engine with 5 speed ger box and its excellent..ive never had any gear problems like lots have had with the 6 speed gear box.the price youve been quoted is very good.and if your buying the protection pack(mud flaps..etc)id get them seperatly and fit them yourself the mud flaps,sill protectors are very easy to fit and you can buy them for around 40 pounds on eBay for genuine parts.id double check the prices you got quoted for metallic paint its 400 pounds now because prices on yaris have risen over the last week or two as have the car prices.

but id get metallic colours too much nicer than crappy red colour the red looks dated ive got the eclipse black and it does look cool when its clean but it needs cleaning once week because the rain leaves marks al over the car its the salt and dirt in the rain it shows up very easily

To my knowledge no one has had any problems with the new 6 speed gear box... unless you can prove me wrong.

Red vs. Black = Red every time :thumbsup:

VSC is a MUST on any new car, the protection pack and metallic paint would pay for it :thumbsup:

Oy! My TR baby 1.33l comes in 2 weeks time, in crappy chilli red! Can report on it after the 12th. :balloon:

Couldn't be bothered with metallic paint, extra £400, I decided to go for protection pack instead, what really matters in car's maintenance and durability.

I've had my 1.33 for a couple of months now, about 2500 miles, and I'm really happy with it.

I paid the extra for the Decuma Grey Metallic paint, cause I think it looks nice :).

After the 2500 miles the engine doesn't seem any noisier than when it was brand new. Feels rock-solid to me but it's still young

The 6 speed gearbox takes a bit of getting used to, the 2/4/6 slots seem quite close together so sometimes changing down from 3rd to 2nd when going round a corner it can be hard to find, but a) I should have probably changed down before going round the corner and B ) I'm sure I'm used to it now, not had a problem for a while. There is the scary feeling when you then swap to a 5 speed car that you're going to slam it into reverse on the motorway just cause you're used to moving on from 5th to 6th.

I don't know anthing about the timing chain issue you've mentioned so can't comment on that.

I had a 2004 Yaris for 5 years before this one and I thought that one was great. I think this one is great too.

Hope this helps. Good luck,

Mick

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links