Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Key

redeye666

On my second Auris and still it has a hideously large bulky key that's really annoying if you carry your keys around in your trouser pocket. Wonder why Toyota have not opted for the flick knife type that ford and VW use and other use?, does anyone know if there is even an after market key that can be purchased of this sort?.

Cheers

You're not the only one, I'm interested to know exactly those same things... Hope someone knows!

Best regards, Alex

Same here this key is really lame. I have no idea why they used this crap key when even smaller cars like Ford Ka, Citroen C2 and others have the other system. The only thing that comes to my head is cost or probably reliability of the old system. It's the only old system that the auris have. Another example is that old side mirror controls system.

I have a flick knife key on my auris.

Check www.carkeystoyou.com.au

Just open your original key and put the remote and transpoder on this Shell key.

Problem :(

The key is for denso type, in europe our keys are from valeo. the diference is the buttons, they are quitte diferent. I have made ones with rubber.

Cheers

its a good tip thanks but if its not fully compatible I will pass u still dont understand such options from toyota sometimes. Its this, its the window buttons not having light when most of the interior is black, the button for the onboard computer is not very handy and other issues. of course coming from a Saxo all of these equipment seemed so cool at the beginning but when you start to look at other cars just makes you wonder why some of this options just sound "cheap"

Just open your original key and put the remote and transpoder on this shell key.

The key is for denso type, in europe our keys are from valeo. the diference is the buttons, they are quitte diferent. I have made ones with rubber.

Cheers

good effort, they do one type of flick key but by the looks of it its no good for the auris. There must be a company or better still toyota themselves that offer a better key than this :(

• 2 weeks later...

Just open your original key and put the remote and transpoder on this shell key.

Cheers

How did you "manage" this?

You would think a company the size of Toyota would be able to make a flick key! or at least charge an exorbitant price for one as an extra after sales jobbie!. :D

Cheers

I've bought from eBay for 10€, but you can buy it on site.

Cheers

Cheers

Cheers

What exactly Shell key did you duy?

Did the transpoder suit to the new Shell key?

Cheers

Cheers

Can you post some pics so that we can see what has to cut. Maybe you can use the buttons and just cut the Shell with a proper hobby dremler. Just an idea would have to see it first to know.

I have a T180 with keyless entry and I cant fault the key etc, not that I ever take it out my pocket.

Yeah the keyless entry is a really nice touch, unfortunately not an option on the SR180 :angry: we get stuck with a big bulky key, no joke this key is big!. Just a simple flick key like VW use would be fine.

For those of u that might want to try I found this sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMESE%3AIT

It's coming from China as far as I can read you have to ask for a cut of the key not sure you can do that at a normal keysmith also not sure of the key quality if it rusts or something all I asked was the compatibility and sent some pics of my key. This was their reply. If it was something more cheap I would give it a try but $25 is still money. For those that try please let me know if it works and how where to cut the key.

-----------

Dear V,

Thank you for the pictures, our GiES273 works for this key.

The latest listing on eBay is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Best regards,

GiES

---------------------

Id settle for it just being smaller, its much longer than any car key Ive ever had before, makes no sense!

I have a T180 with keyless entry and I cant fault the key etc, not that I ever take it out my pocket.

Yeah the keyless entry is a really nice touch, unfortunately not an option on the SR180 :angry: we get stuck with a big bulky key, no joke this key is big!. Just a simple flick key like VW use would be fine.

I am shocked at that as I thought the SR180 was the same as the T180 apart from spoiler, tints and springs

Hi, I have an SR180 with keyless entry? no issues at this end guys.

Cheers Paul

Cheers Paul

Does your log book say T180 tho? and I'm guessing its a 57 plate with a sunroof?. From what I was told Toyota modified a load of T180's they were all demo cars for the show room as they had not yet had the SR180 on the production line, by the time they did they had removed the sunroof - keyless entry to make things cheaper. I did test drive a few of these 57 plate converts and they are probably the pick of the bunch as you get the SR180 looks and T180 gadgets. I even bought one from a Toyota main dealer in Essex( woodfords ) it was 6 months old at the time. I ask if it had been in any accidents or anything bad had happened to the car and was blatently told no it was mint and owned by a Toyota employee, after a AA engineers report I was told to avoid it like the plague as it has had a bad front damage new wings the lot and it was also a shabby repair job, this would not have showed up on a hpi report but so much for a honest Toyota dealership :angry: . Complained to Toyota Uk about it and the fact it cost me £250 for the engineers report but they were not even interested, it seems Toyota dealers can do what they like.

Cheers Paul

Does your log book say T180 tho? and I'm guessing its a 57 plate with a sunroof?. From what I was told Toyota modified a load of T180's they were all demo cars for the show room as they had not yet had the SR180 on the production line, by the time they did they had removed the sunroof - keyless entry to make things cheaper. I did test drive a few of these 57 plate converts and they are probably the pick of the bunch as you get the SR180 looks and T180 gadgets. I even bought one from a Toyota main dealer in Essex( woodfords ) it was 6 months old at the time. I ask if it had been in any accidents or anything bad had happened to the car and was blatently told no it was mint and owned by a Toyota employee, after a AA engineers report I was told to avoid it like the plague as it has had a bad front damage new wings the lot and it was also a shabby repair job, this would not have showed up on a hpi report but so much for a honest Toyota dealership :angry: . Complained to Toyota Uk about it and the fact it cost me £250 for the engineers report but they were not even interested, it seems Toyota dealers can do what they like.

Hi, no, my log book clearly states Auris SR180, however, whilst the plate shows '57, it is actually registered in the log book as Jan '08. The car does have all the gadgets you mention and happily for me, no accident stuff.

I do agree with your comments re Toyota, they do seem to have an arrogance about them, though I cannot think why, as we, the customer pay their wages!!

Enjoying the banter guys.

Best wishes

Paul

Well like I said we have the T180 and I also bought the rear spoiler (£200 genuine Toyota and comes painted) and had the tints done with a sunstrip (£100) other wise the car is 99% standard apart from a few cosmetic finishes, I was not aware the SR180 was so different and just thought it come with 2 or 3 extras not factory fitted on the T180.

Here is a few pictures

DSCF0640.jpg

DSCF0626.jpg

DSCF0628.jpg

DSCF0629.jpg

DSCF0486.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, does some company in Europe provide those? I tried contacting those guys in AU using a contact form which is on their homepage but it states that my e-mail is invalid. I also tried writing another e-mail address. I haven't found any other options to contact them (no e-mail address anywhere).

Best regards, Alex

That Shell doesn't work. Not sure if it was the same guy but I saw that Shell too and asked him about it. He requested me to send pics and later told me it wouldn't work.

The only Shell that works or at least the seller says so its the ones from the seller from China with that all silver shell however I do not have the funds to buy this now I have other priorities but for those that buy it please let us know if it works

What was the reason because of which it wouldn't work? Visually it looks the same, button holes have same size and shape...

Best regards, Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links