Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Filter Warning Light On Motor Way Journeys

PrinzezzP

2002 D4D

happened twice today for the first time.

yellow engine warning light comes on and the fuel filter warning light too..

car lost power and I had to pull over to the hard shoulder on 2 motorways..

10 mins after stopping the car started again and off I went...

on the normal road off the motor I managed to get home with no lights coming on.

a little oil spillage inside the engine maybe, water levels seem fine.

any insight on this problem would be great.

To be honest, don't know much about the Yaris diesel, just wondered if the fuel filter light coming on could mean there is water in the filter, Ford diesels have a filter light and when that comes on it means there is water in the filter,just a thought

yes that crossed my mind..

just need to know how to diagnose it and what to do next if so.

is there a drain screw on the filter, if not replace the filter, out of interest where do you normally fuel up, just wondering if the garage has water in any of there tanks

funnily enough I was just wondering about 'crap' in the fuel.. you just don't know these days.

I'll go out and look at the filter in the morning when its light... (with my manual as I have pretty limited knowledge!)

thanks for the help :-)

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on , Simon

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on , Simon

Hi there, I had the same problem with my Yaris d4d , 2years ago.Did you pay by card and keep the receipt? Sound like you have contaminated diesel. I filled up with a full tank 2 years ago and it turned out it was 70% water! Managed to get th offending petrol station company to foot the bill of repair which was cleaning the fuel tank, replacing fuel filter and blowing clean diesel down the fuel lines. Get onto it soon, I also sent a solicitors letter, the company paid up without any arguement.

goodluck,

sheldon

I filled up with a full tank 2 years ago and it turned out it was 70% water!

:o

I remember when a whole batch of fuel was contaminated with silicon a couple of years ago.

It didn't affect me, but I remember it was a problem sorting all compensation claims.

I remember when a whole batch of fuel was contaminated with silicon a couple of years ago.

It didn't affect me, but I remember it was a problem sorting all compensation claims.

That was mainly the supermarket petrol stations, Tesco.Morrisons and Asda,(cheap petrol from Holland I think!) Only supermarket not affected to my knowledge was Sainsbury's! Why I hear you ask, BP supply Sainsbury's with fuel (I am not sure if all stores are supplied but they do in Huddersfield.

Hi guys, thanks for the input..

I took her (car) out for a long run yesterday with my breakdown cover number tucked in my pocket just in case!

she ran fine....

could it have been the intense rain i was in that day or maybe a small amount of water or dirt in the diesel that blipped that day?

I have to admit i was a bit tentative setting off just in case.. the M60 on the hard shoulder my own in rush hour traffic wasn't fun.

luckily the traffic police spotted me and did there damsel in distress routine..

for which I was grateful!

shocked at the 70% water story!! blimey... makes you wonder how often that kind of thing happens and we all blame our cars for the issues and not the petrol/diesel.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links