Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of Buyin This....

mattmr2

Hey Matt,

I now run a tubby, but before I came to the UK I lived in New Zealand and owned a G-Ltd that had been someone's weekend race car.

I had stock engine, but TRD engine mounts ARBs and clutch type LSD. It had no air con, power steering or ABS either.

I have to say it was a quicker car by far through the twisties than my current tubby. And 5.9 measured to 60.

I think you should ask for a couple of good clear photos inside the front boot and under the front, but even if there is some chassis damage I would suggest that it is probably local to the front right rail only (the front of these cars are so soft that I would expect the impact on that car was not very bad at all.)

Cheers,

Luckies (Graham Millar on IMOC)

Agreed, since these cars don't has a chasis i.e. no chasis rail like say a Range Rover, they are slightly weaker. You just want to ensure that it is straight. Ideally photos of the inside i.e. under the bonnet should give you a good idea of whether this is the case.

you guys worry too much - it'll be fine :)

Buy it......... :thumbsup:

The condition of the steering wheel, gearknob...and engine look to back up the mileage....

The damage doesn't look that bad, I've seen a few MR2s with this kind of damage and an easy way to tell the speed of the impact is in the windscreen.....heavy impacts often push the front wings into the bottom corner of the screen and crack them.....the damage on this one looks superficial.....

Hope you get it and for a good price !......Failing that I've got a white Uk one you can have :thumbsup: I'll even crash it for you first......nothing would give me more pleasure at the moment :D

I've actually bought it, should be here april time. I can't wait, just need to sell some stuff to pay for it..... I'll post photos of the damage when it arrives.

Matt.

I've actually bought it, should be here april time. I can't wait, just need to sell some stuff to pay for it..... I'll post photos of the damage when it arrives.

Matt.

Go on then.....how much ?

I'm sorry guys but I can't tell you how much i've paid, all I will say is its more than £1000 and less than £5000. I just need to start looking for a nice smashed up turbo for the donor engine so I can start building that up...££££££

Who did you buy this through then ?

Do they have a website with their other stuff on......I take it that it's some kind of export company :huh:

Sorry mate thats a trade secret..... pathetic I know :)

F :censor: kin right it is :ffs:

Not to worry, I've found them....... :thumbsup:

Piece of p :censor: s for an accomplished surfer !!! :D

is this gonna be ur 1st mr2?

all this while i actually thought u owned one. hehe

Gettin stuff done 2 it should b pretty easy for u, seeing as u work at rogue. perks of the job ;)

-Z

This will be my second MR2, i got the first one about a year ago but due to its condition I decided to break it for parts and use the Shell to prototype the headlights on. I've been driving a VW polo since then, but now its time to get back in a 2 seater - hopefully before show season!!!

Oh and jim, no i'm not quear - I'm pretty much married as it goes, and before you ask, yes it is to a girl!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links