Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Purchased 07 1.3 Yaris Tr

yatesh

Hi all

I'm a newbie to the Yaris Forum, but have previoulsy posted in the corolla forum. Last Saturday I purchased a 07 Yaris 1.3 TR for my wife from a Honda dealer. I was told that the vehicle had been serviced by the local toyota dealer, but that the Service record book (with the dealer stamps) was missing. I verified the service history by contacting the local toyota dealer that the vehicle was originally purchased from, and subsequently serviced at. My questions are as follows:

1. From anyones experience, can a service record book be purchased from any Toyota dealer??

2. If so, what would one expect to pay?

3. If this is possible, would it be acceptable to approach the Toyota Dealer to fill in the record of the work they have done in the past??

All suggestions/ideas/word of advice welcome. Thanks in advance....

I imported a new Alfa a few years ago and needed a UK service book for that. When I took it for my first service, the dealer supplied one for me and stamped it then for me. I can't remember the cost but it wasn't a lot (maybe around £10 or so...)

Have you been back to the Honda dealer to ask them to do a good search for it? They must have had it if they knew it had been serviced at the Toyota dealer....

Failing that, ask them for the contact details of the previous owner, so you can ask him.her....

(and if they don't give it you, their address will be on the V5 registration certificate when you get it through from the DVLA)

And if all that fails, you can get one from Toyota. (I'd be tempted to wait until you take it in for them to do their next service and ask for it then, because if you're paying for a service, they might give you a book for free, whereas I suspect if you just want the book before then, they will probably charge you..)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links