Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Campaign

reece

If you dont check youre oil every week , sorry tough, basic maintenance, same as tyres lights , etc

Self inflicted mate , how long does it take to dip the engine ? DUH

You & I & most of us know that, but that is what the campaign is trying to drive home to those who get into their cars & just drive.

In too many cases "Service? What's that?" :angry: I have to nag my G/F, Daughter & her Partner. :rolleyes:

Checked my oil level this afternoon :thumbsup:

Even though the car is only just over 2 weeks old and has done approx 900 miles the level was spot on. :)

People who don't check their oil level deserve the consequences...........................................PERIOD!!!

I check mine once a week , had the car 16 months now and apart from its 1st service where the oil was changed , iv'e not had to top it up once :thumbsup:

People who don't check their oil level deserve the consequences...........................................PERIOD!!!

I’m leaning towards that frame of mind as well :o

I like the fact that the old Williams REnault Clios has an oil level gauge on the dash, - every car should have one! The CSL version of mine has one too, but you have to press a button to see it, as the monsterous carbon fibre airbox doesn't leave room for a dipstick lol

My step-dad was running his merc very low on oil and I made him stop at the next garage so that I could top it up for him. He doesn't want to have to spend the money on a new car, but at the same time, he doesnt want to pay to keep his current car on the road!

(He has a dark green Mercedes E220 with the 2.2L 4-pot, which was absoloutly boiling when I took the cap off after only a few miles or motorway driving)

• 4 months later...

I used to check the oil almost too often (twice a week) before when I drove at least 1000km a week. Now when I only drive 150 km a week I check the oil in average once a month. Of course I do check all the fluids before I go for a longer roadtrip.

I used to open the bonnet and check the oil after I had refueled before, but I stopped to do it because people got angry because it took "too long" time. It seems like everybody are in a hurry these days to refuel their cars.

No I haven't!

I have had a 2006 Aygo for 6 months and only once gotten the dipstick out (no pun intended) - and that was when I was taking my UK driving test!

I drove a suzuki in canada for about 300 years, but I had staff checking the oil etc for me. I wish there was a comprehensive checklist somewhere telling you all the checks you should be undertaking on ur car between services!

i am paranoid now!

Have you checked yours recently...?

:thumbsup:

Ouchies :( You guys know I lost KITT this way.

Not once did I check the oil in her, I was a complete noob to engines. Then she died on me and it was all my fault and it still haunts me to this day.

Now with Kiya, I check her on a weekly basis B)

No I haven't!

I have had a 2006 Aygo for 6 months and only once gotten the dipstick out (no pun intended) - and that was when I was taking my UK driving test!

I drove a suzuki in canada for about 300 years, but I had staff checking the oil etc for me. I wish there was a comprehensive checklist somewhere telling you all the checks you should be undertaking on ur car between services!

i am paranoid now!

Have you checked yours recently...?

:thumbsup:

Watch the video I posted and that will help you :thumbsup:

Not too long ago, a customer picking up a used car from us was having the controls and service schedule explained to him. He said "You mean I have to pay for it to be serviced?" Errrr yes sir, "thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard" he goes on to say, "I have never paid to have my cars serviced ever and dont intend to start paying now" But it could affect your warranty if you don't have it serviced sir the salesmen says, "Well I have never checked the oil and water in my cars and I'm not going to start doing that either"

Should I send him a link to the video? :D: :D: :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Not too long ago, a customer picking up a used car from us was having the controls and service schedule explained to him. He said "You mean I have to pay for it to be serviced?" Errrr yes sir, "thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard" he goes on to say, "I have never paid to have my cars serviced ever and dont intend to start paying now" But it could affect your warranty if you don't have it serviced sir the salesmen says, "Well I have never checked the oil and water in my cars and I'm not going to start doing that either"

Should I send him a link to the video? :D : :D : :D :

Kingo :thumbsup:

Might be no harm in doing that would you mind sending it to my girlfriend as well ;)

Oooh wait stop it a peugeot its ok want it to die :lol::lol:

No! No! No! - for goodness don't educate the public. How on earth would garages make any money or mechanics get their laughs.

Ignorance is bliss to many people in this world.:)

• 1 month later...

I’ve checked mine – OK you lot, have you checked your oil this month?

If not get out there with a piece of kitchen towel, bog roll or the trusted oily rag and check your engine oil :yes:

You know it makes sense :thumbsup:

Post our results here:

Reece – Full

A Public Service Announcement Brought to You by Reece

Sad Story :crybaby:

Yesterday, a friend [Lady] whom I was visiting, told me she had no fuel in her car & was somewhat broke :shutit: So, being a soft touch, I said that we'll bring it to the nearest Garage & I'd put petrol in. On the way she remarked that the heater wasn't working, in that the fan was, but not blowing hot. I had a mental fit of the shudders :wacko:

I filled her up [ the car that is, in case of dirty minds} & told her to pull the bonnet lever :censor: . What ? Where? I did it & the bottom of the coolant reservoir was damp :eek: Filled it up & took off the oil filler cap , having found that the end of the dipstick was damp as well :blink: . The filler cap wasn't covered with cream- it was butter!

Got back in & told her as gently as possible that her car was ubiked :crybaby:

Problem is, she is crippled & lives 10 miles out in the country. I warned her that it was likely to leave her stranded, sooner or later.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links