Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jack!

Calisto

Where in gods name is it??? We can't find it.

We have the tow bar, spanners, jack handle and other bits but no jack itself.

We have looked under the seats and in the boot....did Toyota forget to put it in????

RTFM :lol:

It’s under the front passenger seat! There is a plastic cover over it that clips into place. Slide the seat forward and you will see it :thumbsup:

How new is your car? Check the tag on the bottom of the front seat belts and you will see a date. If you look in the engine bay and look at the headlights, there will be sticker on each of them with a time and date of when they were made.

You ordered it in June, I’ll be interested when it was starting to be assembled :thumbsup:

Dangerous doing that - we did it on a 2008 Yaris we bought and found the headlights were made in 2009....

And so was the radiator when we looked at the label on that too....

And then we spotted that the VIN plate was missing from the passenger door jam.....

Two stressful days followed until the dealer agreed to give us a full refund.....

Dangerous doing that - we did it on a 2008 Yaris we bought and found the headlights were made in 2009....

And so was the radiator when we looked at the label on that too....

And then we spotted that the VIN plate was missing from the passenger door jam.....

Two stressful days followed until the dealer agreed to give us a full refund.....

Dangerous?................... Surely the check SAVED you a lot of heart-ache? By the way, was it supposed to be new, or used? If used, I would have reported the dealer to the police!!! Sounds like a ringer to me. If new, report them to Trading standards officers in your area, plus Toyota GB, THEN the police! This sounds like a stolen car, or one that was meant to be destroyed or something... Dunno how they could sell it on!!!

At the very least, it sounds as if the vehicle was accident repaired, which they are obliged to tell you, but only if you ask! The vin plate was the big worrier as it looks as if someone was trying to hide something. :angry:

Yes - tongue in cheek when I said it ws a dangerous thing to do to check the date labels....

I could tell it had been properly repaired to Toyota standards and it wasn't a "recorded" damage, so there's nothing on any records anywhere for them to actually know, if they hadn't spotted that themselves. (when they investigated, it was previous owner accident and was repaired at a Toyota bodyshop)

They did a full HPI check on the car and showed me the clean record before I bought it, so you can't blame them too much - the onus is on the buyer to beware when buying a used car...

It was a used one from a dealer and they offered an instant full refund as soon as it was pointed out to them.

The side panel had been replaced, hence why the VIN plate was missing (that's just a duplicate label anyway and you can't get replacements for security reasons. The real VIN number is stamped into the floor under the driver's seat)

I ordered my Yaris June the 24th. On seatbelts it says June 25th.. It can be.. Didn't they just manufacture them before assembling the car, and than just using the recently produced parts?

I go around and try to find the latest dated part.... Its a sort of competition to find out which bit of the car is youngest....

The plastic moundings (like the passenger seat tray, glovebox, etc) also have imprinted "mould dates" from when they were made, if you're really bored one day....

are there tools in a yaris?i never knew this lol..

Should be oe tools in every car. ;)

ive just been cleaning the inside of the car and i think i found the tool set ..is it a box under the passenger seet thats clipped to the top of it?

ive just been cleaning the inside of the car and i think i found the tool set ..is it a box under the passenger seet thats clipped to the top of it?

That's the jack :thumbsup:

I think you will find that Waxxy is referring to the 'drawer' under the passengers seat.

I think you will find that Waxxy is referring to the 'drawer' under the passengers seat.

There are no tools AFAIK under the seats. There is a tray in front of the seat and the jack behind the seat, the tools are in the boot?

There are actually no tools as per say. There is bolts kit to remove your alloys, tow bar for front of the car and a spanner. Ah, I forgot about a spare wheel, if you can call it a wheel. Nothing else. Neither triangle, nor extinguisher or a first aid kit. Pretty, pretty poor.

Why would you need tools for a Yaris? They don’t break down! I carry a two way screwdriver and an adjustable wrench, never had to use them!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links